OSCAR WINNER

BASED DCEU

What comic or cartoon is this?

>based DCEU

>the live action suicide squad movie

user we need to have a talk...

hell yeah

dont be salty

We already have two threads about this Sup Forums, settle down.

kys, you just salt

THIS IS KATANA!
SHE WON BEST MAKEUP!

Sure as hell wasn't Joker or Harley.

...did you seriously take a reaction image from WhatCulture Wrestling?

>reddit tier insults

Don't middle schoolers like you have classes to attend? Also nice bait

well were all baiting and shitposting here so I might as well

Keep it in one thread you miserable fucking moviefags.

MEL GIBSON AND DC WINS
MARVEL STATUS...
BTFO!1!1!!11!
This is DC's year, baby!

Keep all sharp objects away from Marvelcucks

SUICIDE WATCH

>being so salty that Skwad won an oscar
>having your jimmies THIS rustled

come on Tom

It was for makeup and such, which I feel is well deserved. Killer Croc looked great.

>salt

They showed a picture of Leto

>"the oscars are an irrelevant sham"
>"wait no now they matter again"

Yeesh guess he went crying and sucking around.

DCKino

I really hope the DCEU gets another movie like Suicide Squad!

You must be at least 18 to post here.

Typical liberal FAKE media awarding things for nothing. SAD!

>3 MOVIES IN
>2 BILLION DOLLARS
>1 OSCAR
LET'S GO

Marvel fans are saying they're a sham right now, since they can't win one.

>Marvel
>14 films in
>0 Oscars

>They showed a picture of Leto
So Suicide Skwad kept up the same strategy all the way through the Oscars?

Thanks to the power of Marketing, Leto appears in Suicide Squad for over an hour longer than the entire length of the movie.

They probably just paid the panel for the award.

No, even if a Marvel film won it still wouldn't have been for one of the awards that matter because the judges don't watch anything that isn't a drama.

And really, if a Marvel film won we'd probably still have the same "lolbutthurt" threads but in reverse because of fucking dumbass companywars.

There is no winning in this situation.

>tfw you're waifu won an oscar

user please, the Oscars aren't a sham because Marvel hasn't won an award!
They're a sham because members of the academy have openly admitted that they don't bother watching half the nominees.

There's a category which combines comedies and musicals and Brave beat out both Paranorman and Wreck-It Ralph. They don't give a shit about anything that isn't about gay cowboys eating pudding.

Why do you think that the only thing Suicide Squad won was a consolation prize like Best Makeup? Star Trek was full of creatures who looked way better than Killer Croc, they clearly just tossed it at whatever people seemed to be talking about the most.

>14 films and no Oscars

I can't think of another big studio that's pulled this off

marvel confirmed not a real studio

I wouldnt have call bullshit if Dr. Strange won because alot of Marvel's visual effects are fucking trash. Like anytime Hulk is with another character. And Strange was basically inception all over again.
At leaat you can see that the crew for SS worked hard for their award.

>Star Trek was full of creatures who looked way better than Killer Croc
I... really don't recall any, user. I'll gladly admit to being wrong if you can present some though. I seem to only recall, beyond Simon Pegg's little buddy, that most were straight up humanoids with various outlandish skin colors.

>your

I mean, there's that big swirly-crustacian looking lady.

Honestly, Croc didn't even look too bad, it's just that his head was comically large when his coat was off. You'd think they'd have padded him or something to help even him out, but it just looks like a reasonably buff dude with 30 pounds of prosthetics on his head.

YAAS LETS GET SUICIDE SQUAD 2 IN HERE

>BEST DIRECTOR: MEL GIBSON
Bring it.

Most Marvel movies don't make as much as the other big franchises though.

Thats the point. All the aliens were reduced to background characters outside the chick who opens her head and Krall.
Even the new chick was fairly humanzied.

They had to work on the make up for Squad and create a look of weariness. Harley's make up isnt as neat and prim at the end of the film neither is Katana's. They had to work out a make up set that would work for Croc both in and out of Water. The tattoos on diablo were way more impressive then Leto's and had to redraw.

>Potterverse died and was reborn to finally get an Oscar before MCU did

I fucking lol'd

Wasn't it only for Hair and Make-up though?

Is that what the big celebration is about?

I like the movie but that's just fucking stupid.

I don't know why everybody shits on makeup so much

I'm totally going to base my appreciation for a movie because of its makeup, yes.

Well makeup and visual effects are a big part of movies. A crappy make up job can take you right out of a film

Best post in the thread and I'm a diehard DCfag

That's still more Oscars than Marvel.

>BvS has 4 razzies
>SS has an Oscar

> leaving out net profit off movie goers

Congrats on having your movie flop but still look pretty while doing it

>The Oscars suddenly matter

>suicide squad
>flop
It was a huge success, due to a really strong opening and no competition in August.

Nice try, shill

>74 movies
>no oscars
Try to make a different movie next time

The movie was a success AND looked pretty

DCEU Oscars: 1
MCU Oscars: 0

Quantitative proof that DC is better

BvS only won razzies because the people who ran it thought it would be funny. It deserved 0, but it would get a reaction to give it 4 so they did.

The razzies is a joke.

Just like any other awards show, lots of people shit on it until their favorite wins.

>Implying

It's main competition was Star Trek Beyond, the third film in its series that while, if nothing else has very good make up and costume design, hardly reinvented their own wheel.

Suicide Squad also won because its design aesthetic was its sole selling point outside of "Muh Harley, Muh Joker"

Not even a Marvelcuck, I just don't see why we're treating this as proof that it's somehow a good film.

You can roll a shit in glitter, and it'd be prettier, but it would still be shit.

>I'm not a marvelcuck
t. marvelcuck

Mate it won an Oscar. Definitive proof it's a good film.

Mouseketeers on suicide watch lmao

>Films sole redeeming feature is that it's hair and make up looks pretty
>ITS A GOOD FILM U GUIZE! DEFINATIVE PROOF!

>can't argue
>resorts to spergspeak
kek

Imagine being this guy, writing furiously while trying to contain his tears of impotent rage

He's right. Batman V Superman isn't a bad movie, it's just thematically offensive to people who want to see Batman and Superman movies.

Suicide Squad deserves Razzies for the writing and direction though.

Be sure to let us know when anything from a Marvel movie is ever deemed worthy of an Oscar.

Not really, quality is objective regardless of awards. Most people who've seen the movie don't seem to have liked the whole thing. Certain bits stood out - the makeup design was one of them, it would seem.

BvS is "award winning" thanks to the Razzies. Winning awards is PR stuff.

Avatar, for example. I think that's a pretty shit movie in the end. Even with many strong points. It just isn't that good. Still won a fuckton of Oscars and other awards.

Suicide Squad was a rushed mess of a movie and a missed opportunity, as so much of the DCEU has been.

Also, awards can cause greater backlash. Retrospective looks at a movie can then use the award as a critique. Asking if it was truly deserved. Asking if it really means anything. Just adding it to the pile of how the movie sucks because people do that, they twist words and events to fit a narrative, GLENDA,they say you drank six bottles every night when you at best drank two GLENDA and claimed YOU crashed the car when it was your dumb whore of a now ex-wife GLENDA YOU BITCH.

...Ahem, anyway, yeah.

Still, fucking hilarious how a movie that is the kind of movie people would defend as "not meant to win Oscars" actually won a fucking Oscar.

It's just for make-up you tards. They basically won a fake Oscar.

Look at Dawn of Justice, they just swept the razzies but nobody mentions it since the internet loves the DCEU for some reason.

says the guy with erotic Alan Rickman pictures

Croc's practical effects put TASM CGI Lizard to shame.

But factor in the rest of the film and its reception and what pride there was is negated.

Just another punchline to the DCEU.

So if a DCEU film suddenly gets a fresh certification on RT does that mean RT matters too?

Don't pretend you wouldn't be mocking Suicide Squad if it lost.

I don't think anyone would.

Nobody really cares THAT much about Suicide Squad. There's a reason why all the defending of the DCEU is focused mostly on BvS and to a lesser degree MoS. Because they are films with actual genuine merit.

People are only banging on about this because of retarded company wars.

>I don't think anyone would.

Of course we would. We're mocking it now, aren't we? We'd be mocking it regardless because that's what we've been doing for months now: mocking it. Because it's shit, user.

>Oscar-winning shit
Fixed.

Not to the extent that Sup Forums is at the moment I meant.

Whatever

You didn't deserve it, no one's happy you won it, and no one will ever acknowledge it other than sad, pathetic DC "fans" desperate to try and prove their movies/studio/comic company aren't shit and the worst thing to ever exist.

So way to go, you "won" a worthless oscar. Now watch Wonder Woman bomb harder than Pan another bit of "kino" from your favorite studio WB

btfo

Marvelfags on Suicide Watch

>that salt as he came to the realization he spent countless of hours watching shit movies
kek

more

in which case they probably still ended-up paying less then Disney

It was for a technical aspect they did right.

Should I watch this thing? All my friends who saw it said it's a piece of shit. Every review says it's bad. All ratings are bad.

Who is in charge of giving the Oscars?

It's dumb and mediocre, but not bad.
A lot of people hate it because it's not Marvel and painted as right-wing because it doesn't signal virtues hard enough.

It isn' THAT bad of a movie. It's a good way to kill your time. Just don't expect a stunning script.