desuarchive.org/co/thread/87420893
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87431415
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87465361
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87514566
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87559468

Chances of me not being able to finish this storytime tonight are 90%

Anybody reading?

me

Also I noticed Superpatriot was mentioned in the last issue. That was cool even though this series is based in Liefield image rather than Savage Dragon image.

yes. Tonight's an all-nighter already and I've gone to long without my prophet fix.

Cool beans

>based in Liefield image rather than Savage Dragon image.
It was mentioned a couple times n the 90's Image threads, but Image continuity has kind of always been " it exists when it's talked about"

Superpatriot was one of the Golden Age heroes in the Image universe along with Diehard. He was beaten to near death( maybe a jab at Death of Superman) and was turned into a cyborg killer by the shadowy corporation behind Silvestri's Cyberforce

Is Earth War the end of Prophet?

Thanks for posting these.

Yeh at least for now I'm sure Liefeld will handle to property to someone else at some point

Just doing my bit

And does it bring the story to a satisfying end? I got faked out by Powers in the recent storytime, what a lame-ass ending if they're not gonna write more.

I'd say yes, it's not one of those endings that tell you what happened to everyone or anything like that, but it's a satisfying enough conclision IMO

With something as big in scope as Prophet, I'll take that.

Most peeps seemed to like it, although some didn't. Let me know what you thought of it once it's over

Semi-related to Prophet, what is Stokoe working on right now? Orc Stain cemented him as one of my favorite creators but I'm terrible at keeping up with what projects are in progress.

Some akira shit man

An Alien miniseries, Dead Orbit I think it's called?

Cool, thanks.

thanks for the story time op this series has really revitalized my love of the scifi genre

any other scifi comics worth reading?

I don't get why his 'mind self' only has 2 arms. He was born with 4 arms so shouldn't he think of himself with 4? I get that is his physical body mutated.

POST FASTER YOU VERY NICE PERSON FUUUCCKKKK

I'd post a reaction .gif of a red impatient face shaking angrily but I don't want to use image limit.

Well this was heavily influenced by eurocomics so starting with that would be a good idea, I like Incal (and Moebius in general), Metabarons and Druillet in general.

Theres also Habitat (by Simon Roy), Descender, Black Science, Low, East of West, and Invisible Republic, all from Image too

Sorry, I was trying to remember scifi comics for user

EoW is fucking fantastic. I need to catch up with it again.

Yeah I knew about all of that, its just Image is technically made of a bunch of smaller companies and in the 90s they did tons of promotional crossovers. Diehard helped Superpatriot remember who he was and Superpatriot blew the shit out of Spartan from Wildcats. But they aren't officially canon in each others universes. So I was surprised by having Superpatriot get name dropped in the final issue. It would be like having Supreme get name dropped in Invincible. They're both Image but different universes

Funnily enough, Omni-Man met Supreme in an issue of Dynamo 5

I'm here because I heard about this comic in /tg/ thread

So this Diehard unit only thinks hes the real one but isn't right? I remember putting the years together in a flashback flavor text and hes a few thousand years too young to be the real one. But I forget which issue its mentioned in so now I'm doubting myself

Neat

Are you new to reading comics or indies?

desu I cant remember

I think Troll says there are multiple Diehard units who all think of themselves as the original.

Murderbump. I missed you murderanon

So what ever happened to the Supreme dog and Lady Supreme? Also the planet of super dogs

I've read a few indie comics. Usagi, Hellboy, some things that've been storytimed. I'd read more if I had a job right now

This thread does not dissapoint on the them of "biopunk" like the thread it was posted in