THIS PIECE OF SHIT RUINS EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES, HOLY FUCK

THIS PIECE OF SHIT RUINS EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES, HOLY FUCK
I WAS ACTUALLY CRINGING IN THE THEATER
GET OUT OF THIS PERFECTLY GOOD MOVIE YOU FUCKING DISGUSTING HACK
YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE A BUSINESS OWNER, NOT A BLACK FEMALE TEENAGE SLAM POET

dam desu.. skrong and truthful critiques.
I'm not a fan of his airy platitudes and disjoin acting either. It's like he comes into his roles purposely trying to example that he's bigger than the role he's been casted into instead of just playing the fucking role.

Too weak/dumb to understand his vision. I guess you can't help it with those outdated eyes you are still using even though its the current year.

I'd rather have cast Gary Oldman

That's why they cast him.
>we need a giant douche to play this role, someone who thinks they're way bigger than this role

I don't think such roles existed until this faggot began appearing in them. If the goal was to get the viewer to cringe so hard that they begged for the next scene, job well done.

It was originally going to be David Bowie

>yfw cringe-scenes become mandatory for movies to keep viewers begging for anything else

I hate this circlejerk...people hate him because of the Joker shit, and tryhard method acting but he's actually a good actor.

And yes he was interesting in this, it wasn't supposed to be a typical performance. He was supposed to blur the line between human and machine, and that's what he did trough his performance

>Dude cringe lmao
You need to stop

He's even a shit actor when he's playing rockstar in his shitty band, and he isn't even required to act then, lmao.

Fuck, I just gave some data mining faggots gold.

I would give away one of my kidneys to see this

He wasn't anything special as Tesla...

He was great in Mr.nobody. Ironic given the name of the movie.

But no desu.. he was shit in that forgettable cornball DC movie and good god unsufferable in Bladerunner.. I literally said wtf man after his 3rd appearance ..

> He was supposed to blur the line between human and machine, and that's what he did trough his performance
You don't do that by melting your audience's brain.
His companion did that with good acting. He looked like he practiced and tried to get into character for over a year for 5min worth of scenes. Shit was cringey af desu. Look at the original blade runner.. the owner of the company did this with great acting.. it was fluid and transparent to the backdrop of the film. This fucboi's acting was as opaque as his contacts.

>Hurr durr imperialist corporate sadist with God delusions

All movies are the same

i liked him in it

he seemed like an overwrought, depersonalized visionary

I started hating this faggot in Dallas buyer's club.

And I wish he'd get the band back into rock instead of this anthem Europop trash they're doing now. But life isn't fair.

Was it really the acting at fault, or the WRITING? It felt to me like his lines lent themselves to hamminess in the first place.

It's a role meant for an old man. They should have at least put him in elderly makeup.

My only major gripe with the film. Anyone complaining that he wasn't the 'final boss' is a faggot. He was supposed to be a background character.

no he doesn't. you're just a butthurt capeshit enthusiast who wants to hate him for trying to deliver something on par with keith ledger's overrated joker

Maybe he actually is supposed to be very old, and that's just the state of cosmetic surgery in 2049. He has some bizarre wrinkling around his eyes

It fit for me. Alot of his lines were ripped from the Bible, which fit the whole scheme he had of engineering self-replicating replicants. He's delusional and separated not only physically, but spiritually from humanity, delegating everything he can to Luv, who is probably more human than he is. It's a continuation of a theme throughout the movie, much like K is arguably more human than his boss.

I can't wait until this faggot plays a character that kills himself so he can method act his suicide

Who is the more powerful magnate?

The only thing I would have changed about Wallace in this movie is this;

You get that scene with Wallace, Luv and K like normal. But then, later on in the movie Luv enters Wallaces chamber to tell him they have Deckard after the Vegas segment and Wallace is all alone in his chamber, in the dark, talking to himself and unaware Luv is there.

He'd be muttering about the same pseudo existentialist stuff he'd been going on about infront of K. I like the idea that he's gone mad in his room, left to his own devices for too long and that he didn't put on that theactrical performance just for K, he's been doing it for awhile, mostly to himself.

>being this far off baseline
wew amigo

> keith ledger's overrated joker
your opinion is now worth dogshit

this :
Indeed. His lines would be have been far more believable if they were delivered from an older male whose visage carried the magnitude of the words. Being delivered by this fag it just felt cringe and unauthentic ... he didn't look worn by a life of work.. he looked like some numale LARPing hipster trying to sound airy and impressive. It had nothing to do w/ reflections on the company and more to do w/ giving himself platitudes. Contrast that with wayland in prometheus.

I'd prefer Tilda Swinton over Leto any day

It was overblown and delivered by an airy faggot archetype that is getting old in cinema. In real life, this never occurs. The typical head of a company isn't some platitude seeking cringy nerd they're all mainly chad fucbois.

This cringe worthy bullshit has existed in cinema for long enough in an attempt to brainwash normies into believing a false narrative about the dangers of letting intellectuals run companies.

The character should have been an older individual who properly showed the age related to running such an undertaking who has been humbled physically by his sacrifice. Instead you get Jared leto numale w/ opaque contacts spouting off niche'.

Gtfo here w/ this shit. The lines were made even more cringy given potential sourcing from the bible. There was nothing in his character that made it believable. Contrast this with the company head in the original blade runner. Night and day... This generation lacks archectypes that exude substance

>leto hamming it up like this in terrible makeup a la prometheus
would've been the comedy of the year

Dear god... I don't even want to imagine it.
I almost laughed then cried at the thought.
Now I feel emotionally fatigued and disturbed at the idea.

If they truly greenlight this faggot for tron3 i feel like there is genuinely a hidden conspiracy to taint kino scif-fi with this cancerous fuck.

Gosling and Bautista didn't add enogh autism to the movie, they needed him as well to push it over the age.

It's stated that he IS an older man, but being the richest person in the goddamn galaxy he has had surgeries and augmentations. He can afford to prevent being 'physically humbled', but can't stop the rot of time that is eating away at him on the inside.
He's a visionary genius, but he's reached the pinnacle and his days as a captain of industry and an empire builder are over. A spent force, he has holed up in his fortress, leaving the management of his company in the hands of others while he obsesses over the one problem he never was able to solve. He butchers a replicant and wields Luv as a tool of brutality with absolutely no regard for the lives of others. The character is obviously crazy, probably as crazy as you if you were seriously bothered by Leto's portrayal of a madman in a dystopian film with flying cars and holographic waifus.

I don't understand why people keep hiring him.
That said, it wasn't all his fault this time around. The writing for that character was shit too.