What went right?

What went right?

This

You had a good costume department, thats about it. Even I can admit Croc had solid makeup work done. That said, still doesnt really make up for a shitty movie

BUT WHERE'S THE BRIGHT COLORS? WHY IS DC SO ASHAMED OF SUPERHEROES WHY SO GRIM AND DARK

Makeup, apparently. Everything else is pretty bad.

A soundtrack that is more memorable than the movie.

>still doesnt really MAKE UP for a shitty movie

SS had bright colors.

Unlike the other movies.

You should feel ashamed that Deadshot is the most charismatic character of the universe;

makeup apparently

but that's about it

Despite the over the top design, Joker.

I refuse to call him Deadshot, its just Will Smith playing himself. The man can act if he wants to, but here its clear he was phoning it in the entire time. Fucker couldnt even wear the mask

Makeup and Hairstyling.

Makeup

Only because it damn near jammed every fucking song ever written since 1970 in there

Normies loved it.

Where's Marvel's oscar?

If Oscars are what matter, then does that mean Justice League is going to be more like Suicide Squad?

I kept getting Bohemian Rhapsody stuck in my head because of the commercials. That was pretty nice.

Bright colors with a 25% opacity filter over most scenes.

>Oscars doesn't matter now
kek

If oscars don't matter than there's no reason to specify for what category suicide squad won.
>you simply wouldn't care.

This. However I don't agree with the make up shit either, but oh well. What do I know.

Deadshot isn't judge dredd you faggot, the mask doesn't make the character and it's clear you don't know what deadshot's character is.

Well, it's clear Marvel needs better makeup.

I don't care either way, honestly. If DCEU fans didn't make so many topics, I wouldn't have even noticed. I'm merely pointing out that, if you say the DCEU is superior because they got an Oscar, than that means Suicide Squad is the best DC movie since Nolan left, by that logic.

Again, I don't care about the Oscars, Golden Globe, Academy Awards, or any of those. If I did, I'd be watching them, but since you clearly do, I just want to see how far the logic goes.

Wow, way to completely twist what I said user. Of course the mask doesnt make the character you dumb shit, my point was Will obviously didnt want to put effort into the role and it went as so far as to refusing to wear a decent costume. But while we're on the subject of Deadshot's character, there is no reason why Lawton should not have taken that shot at Harley.

It took chances.
It broke molds.
It refused to follow the D*sney formula.
It dared.

>It refused to follow the D*sney formula.

Didn't people bitch because it was closer to the Disney formula than the Snyder one?

Enjoy this victory DC dudes. When you look back at wonder woman.. justice league.. Gotham sirens. I want you to remember you won an Oscar. May all DC movies from here on in be like suicide squad

>it's clear you don't know what deadshot's character is

Not him but it's clear you don't know what deadshot's character is.

And in this case yes the mask did make him deadshot for a while.
No mask no elite killer.
went through a whole crisis about how he couldn't be deadshot anymore because of it

Great music, great costumes and aesthetic.
Too bad they couldn't pull a solid consistent plot that drew a thematic throughline together.

>No Snyder
>No Batman
>Almost no Joker
>Characters
Friendly reminder that this is one of the judges.

They remembered that "normies" are the vast majority of the demographic and people go to movies to be entertained rather than to be depressed by "kino".

Yes but now that it's successful we're going to pretend like all the Snyderfags bitching that it was the worst movie in the universe didn't exist.

>But while we're on the subject of Deadshot's character, there is no reason why Lawton should not have taken that shot at Harley.

Lawton ain't as amoral in the movie as he is in the comics.

Now that's just mean.

What is it with DC and make-up?

DC has 3 oscars

You mean 5.

Superman - Best Visual Effects - 1979
Batman - Best Art Direction - 1989
The Dark Knight - Best Supporting Actor & Best Sound Editing - 2008
Suicide Squad - Best Make-Up - 2017

(Captcha: Exit Osborn and yeah Spiderman 2 got an oscar as well, for Visual Effects)

And cut the movie to shreds while adding shit music.

None of that is true, it stuck to the grimdark formula at first, then the test audiences said it was too dark. Then they spent a ton of money trying to recut it and buy a sound track, so it could ape GOTG so it could be more like the disney movies but with EDGE.

It failed spectacularly and barely broke even.

The night that changed marvel forever

What it lost in the box office it made up in tacky Halloween costumes.

>budget: 175
>BO: 745

>barely broke even.
this meme again