I'm seeing Villeneuve's Bladerunner in cinema tonight, what should I expect?

I'm seeing Villeneuve's Bladerunner in cinema tonight, what should I expect?
Is it a brainy smart 2deep4me contemplative exploration of what could possibly be, or is it a fast action movie with cyborgs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's for your heart, not your brain. And it's definitely not fast action.

It's a 3 hour Cyberpunk detective story with some action sprinkled in. It's not '2deep4u' but it does leave you with questions and things to think about when you leave the theater.

Have you watched the original?

Yes, multiple times, and I loved the aesthetics and feel of it, but I definitely didn't think much else was great. Other than that one scene, actors were meh, characters were meh, action was meh, and pretty much the movie was carried by its theme, visuals and sets.

Well, this one goes for a different aesthetic and feel, but at least the main character is way, way better, so is his journey in general.
But it still is long, contemplative and stuff.

Look forward to falling asleep. It's pretentious as shit and incoherently badly edited. Also the ending is predictable garbage

You should like it if you like atmospheric films

Expect dog shit.
The movie shouldn't have been made.
I thought you fags would've known better after Prometheus

Prepare for two days of lite post-kino depression.

I swear, I had a sadness after in saw this film. Its hard to really put to words.

I left the cinema thinking "holy lord, that was amazing. Thank god it was amazing." Because in was really worried it would be lackluster. I'm a big lover of the Original.

That fly-thru shot of Los Angles near the beginning is breathtaking. I don't normally care about movies but this one matters.

plebs

It certainly is not a "fast action movie", it's an almost 3 hour long R rated visually focused slow burning neo-noir sci fi film that deals with the human condition. Expect something genuinely emotionally investing

They're probably two Normie cunts.

I left the movie so glad it was amazing and some roastie said, verbatim "that was crap I want my money back."

Now I like to think I'm a non-violent guy but that girl needed a slap around the ear.

It is disguised as 2deep4me but don't worry it is not.

Why you ask
?
No C beams and tannhauser gate in this one. Thats why.

prepare for an overly long, boring, and ultimately pointless movie that spoke to some autists on Sup Forums that want a holograph gf

Yeah, because so many normies loved the original.

it's not 2deep it's not contemplative
it's simple it's boring

>thinks crap is amazing

something is wrong with your brain

Film was actually designed to be more appealing to normies, that is why it is among essential reddit-core flicks.

>Film was actually designed to be more appealing to normies

and it failed.

ur boring

yes, that happens when you watch this boring movie.

"Boring" is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching the film.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.

depression

How? By making it almost 3 hours long? By having long spaces of silence? By the lack of humor? By the no clear "bad guy"?
Normies hated this film, as it is evident by the box office

>no clear bad guy
I think maybe it was the guy talking about taking over the universe that gutted a helpless replicant in his first scene and then told Deckard he was going to torture him

Luv is more of a villain in the film than Wallace, Wallace is just there to do a little exposition about the world and that's it. That's why you don't even see him in the last 45 minutes

Do you people actually believe the shit that is coming out of your mouth? Contrarian idiots are the worst meme of 2017.

It was unnapealing to normies because a director was given free reign to do what he wants with the money and the script. And instead of CGI action and quips he spent his money on real life sets and miniatures.
The only constraint this movie had was that it was too tied to the original ,so a lot of nods here and there that weren't completely necessary, like Gaff

>about taking over the universe
It's about expanding humanity far and wide dumbass, the same idea old explorers had about charting and connecting the entire world . It was not a bad goal in any way

The former.

yes, the movie was so awful it put me in a boring mood. boring indicates that the movie was very very bad. boring indicates that the movie is a failure and that the filmmaker is a failure.

Most people find films by Tarkovsky "boring", probably because they are a bit slower than todays films. Are they bad films then?
Most people find flicks by Marvel "fun", probably because it's non stop braindead quips and mindless CGI action. Are they good films then?

yes and yes

jokes are only braindead to the clinically autistic
action are only mindless to roasties
clinically autistic roastie detected

Well thanks for outting yourself as a mental midget brainlet casual

it's the brainlet casual who require slow films because they need time to understand
it's the mental midgets who cannot understand normal movies because they have low iq
you just exposed yourself as a mental midget brainlet casual

Just stop posting altogether, your autism is leaking all over the place, it's quite embarassing. Put on a Marvel flick or whatever "normal" flick that you like to calm down

As a much as Ana is my waifu what purpose did Joi serve to advance the plot?

>the clinically autistic accusing others of autism

kek
you are a massive embarrassment. go watch cartoons, mental midget.

calm down. take a deep calming breath and gently calmly kys.

>"kek"
underage tourist crossposter

>unable to deny brainlet casual requiring slow films because need time to understand
>unable to deny mental midget who cannot understand normal movies because low iq
>so triggered butthurt

you are burying yourself in a mountain of embarrasment

(You)
(You)
(You)

The poster number stayed at 18 all this time. This is beyond embarassing now

>does not deny clinical autism
>does not deny mental midget
>does not deny embarrassment
>focuses on kek instead
>does not truly know kek

go back to /mlp/, little girl

Expect K to not be his son. French woman is their daughter. K dies.

>implying 18 is the same as 2

you're just proving you're a mental midget. so embarrassing.

>still unable to deny clinical autism
>desperately smokescreening implying all 17 anons are the same anons

oh. little girl, you're not good at this. go back to /mlp/, child.

ITS AN AWESOME CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE

BEST OF THE YEAR RIGHT BEHIND DUNKIRK

IMAX GIANT SCREEN IS HOW THESE MOVIES SHOULD BE SEEN

(You)
(You)
(You)

>so triggered butthurt

calm down, dude. you'll have a stroke if you don't calm down. let me sing you a soothing song. soothing song is in pic related.

>appending (You)s

attention whore

>so embarrassed can't even say anything

good. i accept your surrender.

It's a slow, enthralling downbeat detective story with the finest sound you will ever hear in your life.

(You)
(You)
(You)

Everything is 20% longer than it has to be, and there are entire subplots that should have been cut. It looks very good but the story is flabby and ultimately meaningless. In comparison the original Blade Runner looks tight and precisely plotted.

i'm glad you finally accept that you're a mental midget brainlet casual. thank you.

you're giving up too early.

>nothing to say

kek
brainlet status confirmed

If you have nothing to say then don't post, reddit.

i think that user is genuinely autistic irl. ignore him.

(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)

also (You)

and why are you talking to yourself?

It's like no two of you saw the same movie. And like some of you haven't seen it at all.

The entire sequence with the replicant rebel army was useless should have been cut.

Everyone wants to convince themselves that they like it, but no one actually does.

Why did I go watch it three times in the theater then? Because I didn’t like it?

Everyone wants to convince themselves that they like it, but no one actually does INTERLINKED.

It was used to show how both Wallace and the rebellion wanted to use K as a tool for their own goals, so he denies them both to make first truly individual choice of his life by reuniting a father with his daughter and finally become "special" like he always wanted to.

Why would I pay money and waste a couple hours of my life to see a movie I love get shat on?
Its bad enough that I have to see you fags gush about this infinitely inferior movie.

There is not much action

So you admit to being nothing but an attention whore, and that you have no idea what are you even complyining about, or why?

You're just trying to condition yourself to feel what you think you're supposed to feel. It isn't working.

I'm still convinced K was the kid. Suicide runs in the family.

How do you know it's inferior if you didn’t even see the film?

It has to be the girl, otherwise she's a useless character. Chekhov's Gun. Also if explains why she has s fucked immune system, because she's too pure for this world, as s replicant/human hybrid. I mean we can fix that immune system thing even now. However if hee immune system is fucked his could she survive the mad max orphanage?

I loved it right from the first time I saw it user. I never went to see a single film twice in theaters, but with this one I went three times. I love everything about it, if it weren't for those 3 or 4 flashback scenes it would be a 10/10 for me.

CELLS
INTERLINKED

Congratulations, you're right on your baseline.

In the flashback scene you can see that the kid with the horse is the only one with hair, everyone else has a buzzcut. Then in the orphanage scene you can see that all boys have bald heads and only girls have short hair. It's a girl.

Do you think the boys gangbanged her after they caught her? That could explain the issues with her immune system.

They are literal kids probably even unaware of their sexuality, it's stupid to even assume any kind of rape happened there.
Also if you didn’t already figure it out, she has no illness or issues with her immune system, putting her in that dome was just a way of protecting her from everyone else, and no one would think a sick kid is actually the "special" one

In 2031, it will be a different time.

Am I the only one who thought the cinematography in James Olmos' cameo felt really out of place compared to the rest of the film? It just looked so drab and boring, two dudes talking in shot/reverse shot.

>Is it a brainy smart 2deep4me contemplative exploration of what could possibly be, or is it a fast action movie with cyborgs?
Neither. Just really slow paced and atmospheric.

She was absolutely essential in solidifying his dissolution/transformation. What point do you think the bridge scene had?

Harrison Ford was sort of a weak link. He just played himself like he always does now. Didn't seem like Deckard at all.

Almost like there is a character in the movie that has the same skills and aptitudes as Deckard, and who is prone to suicide and depression. Also why would anyone make a self-destructive cyborg, and then test him for it once a week?

Trailer park trash.

Do I need to watch the 80s Blade Runner to enjoy this one. I remember that Total Recall remake was terrible.

much like the first one

I would say it's essential, calls back on multiple characters/moments from the first one and sets the scene.

This is not a remake, it's a sequel that in no way is trying to resemble the 80s.
You should watch them both just because they are both great films

is this from the extras content?

It's still playing?

Depends on your location, but yes

youtu.be/6iqmIoHL74Y
it's neither