What does Sup Forums think of Donnie Darko?

What does Sup Forums think of Donnie Darko?

It was so boring that it gave me a headache.

made no sense

i watched and liked this movie way before reddit and Sup Forums existed, but now suddenly it's labeled a fedora-tipping and pseudo-intellectual dishonest flick. you know what, go fuck yourselves, i wanna go back.

>suddenly

It's been that way for a while. IMO it's a pretty good supernatural thriller, but a 9/10 80's nostalgia trip, especially compared to today's "ayyy lmao 80s" shows and films.

It's a good film.

Really took me back to 1988

Loved it

It was always pretencious 2deep4u trash, but it was always good pretencious 2deep4y trash

on the pretentious list of 'you just don't get it man because you are a pleb' it is around midway. Thank god it does not have a meme director and we can give it a rest, unlike say 2001

>fedora-tipping and pseudo-intellectual

perhaps you was exactly that @ 12

> 9/10 80's nostalgia trip
This.

Stranger Things and everything else just SPAM 80's shit in every fucking scene that it's almost a parody.

Donnie Darko is the Catcher in the Rye of films - great for edgy teens. Watched again recently, was comfy, but fuck me it's just obscure and angsty for no reason.

HIGHLY overrated. A mediocre movie.

It's certainly fedora tipping but I do like it.

The time between between 2001 and 2017 is greater than the time between 1988 and 2001.

its shit
stop asking

What's pretentious about it? It's a scifi thriller, doesn't try to be anything more than that

i love it if just for the atmosphere alone, it isn't even deep if you accept the possibility of time travel but naturally most ppl are dumb as a fucking rock and get offended when they can't grasp something so turn on the defense and accuse the movie and its fans of being shit to appease the damaged ego. Same happens with mulholland drive.

explain the time travel to me? I watched it when I was 11 and don't really remember anything besides creepy ass water tentacles like from The Abyss

donnie darko is incredibly and relentlessly handsome

if you watch the directors cut all the scenes that explain everything are in it including a look at the rules of the films "time travel" in the book by grandma death, it was obviously removed from the theatrical to give it more mystery.

It's a great movie that dared to actually do something original rather than move in well-established grooves. Sup Forums mostly just hates on it to be contrarian. If it had never become a big mainstream success, 4channers would consider it a classic.

Kys

nice trips though

To be fair you have to have a very high iq to understand the concept of time travel in Donnie Darko

Its the perfect movie for angsty teenage boys. Perfectly encapsulates the lonelyness. Its one of my favourite moviesOAT

>angsty teenage boys

actually, it's for angsty teenage girls. they're the fangirls who love sad endings like in titanic and logan.

It's for angsty people in general you sexists

no. males and females are different physically and psychologically. when males become angsty they become violent so they tend to watch violent rape movies. when females become angsty they become sad so they tend to watch depressing sad movies.

Human psychology is a bit more complex

No that faggot knows everything you know.

I liked the science teacher that had a book with dangerous secrets in it.

the film is bad. it's too normal to be Mulholland-Drive-obscure, but tries too hard to create a mystic atmosphere. I didn't feel entertained

The soundtrack is better than the movie.
The actual score plus Tears for Fears and that milky way song.

Trips never lie. Also if you watch the director's cut (or whatever its called the extended edition) its literally a retarded movie. At least the theatrical cut was that (tryhard) "muh ultradimensional time travel science lmao" wannabe.

I saw it fairly recently, I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I saw it when I was a teen. It was alright.