Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=doT_c4pslLk
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=198&v=Od_hmJp76mY
batman-news.com/2014/04/17/zack-snyder-talks-batman-vs-superman-batsuit/
youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
cinemablend.com/new/Russell-Crowe-Really-Wants-Do-Man-Steel-Prequel-70953.html
cosmicbooknews.com/content/zack-snyder-reveals-man-steel-2-ending
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It really is baffling. Why did they choose Snyder in the first place?

youtube.com/watch?v=doT_c4pslLk

Somebody save me
Let your warm hands break right through and
Save me
I don't care how you do it

OOPS WRONG LINK
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=198&v=Od_hmJp76mY

JUST SAAAAAAAAAAAVE SAAAAAAAAAAAVEEEE ME COOME ONNNNNNNNNNNNN

MoS receive a mixed feedback and Warner Bros was expecting that. They knew any new Superman movie would face a lot of expectations. They were mostly glad it wasn't another Superman Returns.

BvS and Justice League were filmed almost months apart. They were already scripting and setting up JL while finishing BvS. There was no room between the two to put a break on things.

Did they really delete the Superman in the cornfield scene? It was easily the best moments of the trailers.

>Did they really delete the Superman in the cornfield scene?
Yes. FUCK WHEDON

Snyder shot MoS (the best movie in DCEU) before it even was a cinematic universe thing and it had a least amount of studio meddling with filming.

Now after that WB decided to use MoS to kickstart cinematic universe. And with BvS we've got shoehorned Wonder Woman and Justice League's clips.

Honestly, all problems of DCEU come from Warner Bros. itself. Studio's fucking shit up every chance it gets. Suicide Squad was horrible. Wonder Woman was mediocre, with awful, absolutely awful action scenes, but plebs consider it the best DCEU movie for some reason.

And now, Justice League. Instead of having a consistent tone in movies we have Wheedon, instead of having memorable soundtrack we have Danny fucking Elfman, we have reshoots after reshoots, fat Ben Affleck and digitally removed Cavill's moustache. I love DC but I just can't defend it anymore at this point.

>There was no room between the two to put a break on things.
And yet that's exactly what they did. They took the film away from Snyder as soon as it's complete, hacked it to pieces, and THEN tried to frankenstein that shit together with reshoots of Whedon's quips.

And only NOW they're still realizing that the film's a mess? At least the director's work speak for itself. Hopefully they'll see fit to release Snyder's Cut someday...

Also hoping they'll release Ayer's Cut of Suicide Squad.

because despite how bad they are, they still make a shitton of money. And that's all that matters.

And yet MOS was a brilliant movie, and yet Studio heads demanded Wonder Woman get shoe horned in BVS along with references to the Justice League and they wanted Death of Superman in the same movie, so Snyder did his damnedest. Seeing and extrapolating what could be seen as a fault, Snyder decides to flesh out every scene and every meticulous shot in the hope that he persuades the quip loving Marvel numales to embrace his view askew story telling. Studio heads who sees the dailies doesn't like it because they're cunts who doesn't know art and believes that if JL is more like Marvel quip shit, it'll make them more money. In comes the feminist bitch man, Whedon. Immediately Whedon removes all that toxic masculinity replacing it with quips. Eventually replacing 54% of Snyder's footage. Scenes are shortened, toxic masculinity removed and now you people are blaming Snyder.

They needed someone who could do it quick and Snyder was the only one because he wasn't doing anything at the time.
They then let him do the sequel because MoS got alright reviews and did alright at the box office. Then BvS came out and for some reason they decided him doing JL was a good idea and now look where we are, the first JL is a mixed at best, I'm a fan of MoS and BvS, and even if I like JL I genuinely do not care enough to defend my opinion anymore, I cannot believe that WB are so incompetent that they would somehow manage to make BvS again but with some jokes, then get Whedon to butcher it further with more jokes and poor cinematography AND mandate it to be less than two hours after principal photography was done
If Aquaman isn't good I will genuinely have to capacity to care about this anymore

>Honestly, all problems of DCEU come from Warner Bros. itself
To be fair Man of Steel was fucking awful as well. Both Snyder and WB are to blame.

That's what I'm telling people, Snyder's not to blame here. MOS was bloody brilliant. But WB forced in Wonder Woman and Justice League and Death of Superman so Snyder was put in a bind. And now they butcher his magnum opus with that girlie man Whedon and they're still blaming Snyder?

They most likely realized it was a mess a long time ago and tried to do what desperation always does: throw more money to it in hopes that would make a bad movie somehow better.

It's not the first time or the last that something like this happens. WB is desperate, as they don't really know how to handle DC heroes.

But then again, that is at part DC's fault, as DC doesn't really know what to do with heir characters on this modern climate. They know how to make Batman work, but every one else around that suffers from great inconsistencies.

Opinion discarded.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

>They know how to make Batman work, but every one else around that suffers from great inconsistencies.

They don't. Batman's currently suffered from his bloated cast of sidekicks which main appeal come from rebelling against and upstaging Batman in some form or another, and even his main comic has been resorting to shipping and feminist bait with the Batman & Catwoman romance basically making Catwoman the star of a comic called fucking BATMAN.

>MOS was bloody brilliant

I will never get to see another Superman standalone film directed by Snyder and that's a real damn shame.

>Why did they choose Snyder in the first place?
300 took in $450M on a $65M budget. Experience in big budget CBM with Watchmen. MoS made more $280M more than Superman Returns. Shame Snyder got exposed so badly.for the actual storytelling part.

The reasons Snyder wasn’t fired is because BvS was released like two weeks before JL started shooting. WB wanted to fix it but their misguided confidence meant it was doomed from the start.

MoS wasn't even written by him.

This is what gets me about the Snyder haters and apologists. Snyder isn't a writer. The obnoxious religious subtexts came from Goyer, that wrote big chunks of MoS and some of BvS. Snyder is mostly a visual director and a Yes Man.

Your feelings on things Are real to you and only you.

>MoS (the best movie in DCEU)
MoS was dogshit

MoS is better than most of the capeshit out there.

for you

True, but that dosn't really excuse him because most of his movies look fucking awful.

He's like a kid that grew up making youtube films and though making everything heavily color graded and stylistic through effects meant it looked professional.

MOS is better than anything marvel had done.

People are actually defending MoS here. That film was pretty damn bad. A mess from beginning to end. With the odd interesting idea executed terribly. Trying to be both down to earth and over the top at the same time. Flash backs within flashbacks. Just fuck that movie.

I'll have to disagree. His movies look good. That's the only thing i can give him.

>They most likely realized it was a mess a long time ago
I'm more optimistic in that I think there was at least one version of the movie (before the reshoots) that managed to tie together everything Snyder wanted to do with his characters since MoS. But the studio panicked at the commitment after the response to BvS and we got what we got.

Alas, unless (or until) WB agrees to release that initial cut, I guess we'll never know what could have been. But it definitely exists...

There was no flashback within flashbacks in MoS, cunt.

>marvel
get over it

Dude, the movie was always going to be a bad copy of the first Avengers movie. They based JL on Johns' "Origin" arc from his JL run in the New52 reboot. That arc was an awful copy of the first Avengers movie.

So this movie, because it based on a material that already copied the first Avengers movie badly, was always going to be a generic shit.

You can thank Johns influence for that.

They started filming JL before Johns was made head of the films, this is Snyder and WB

Please show us examples thereof whilst compared to films that are in your opinion done right.

Good come back, you brilliant wanker.

>They based JL on Johns' "Origin" arc from his JL run in the New52 reboot.
Do you have a source for that? Justice League was already halfway into production with an original script by Terrio when Johns came aboard.

Johns was already there as a consultant. He worked on the Green Lantern movie pretty heavily, another movie based on a comic run of his.

Man of Steel had the best action sequences of any superhero movie and an excellent score. It had some flaws, but they were easily surpassed by it's shining moments. Anyone who can't see past to the good have opinions not worth considering.

man of steel was take two, green lantern was supposed to start their cinematic universe but failed

He was just a consultant, you think they actually listened to him outside of him names and the basic concepts of the film? If he had any input into JL it was explaining what a boom tube was to Snyder

To be honest, I haven't really read any new DC after the Frank Miller All Star Batman thing with the infamous "retard" line. From there DC fell in such an enthusiastic reboot cycle, that I stopped caring.

It could have been fantastic if it hadn't dropped its focus on Superman in order to overdo it with destroying CGI buildings.

And of course Pa Kent's stupid death.

Snyder isn't a writer, dude. Johns helped Terrio with the script. Why do you think Cyborg was in BvS? They were already prepping the script for JL.

Geoff Johns was supposed to help WB kick-start their cinematic universe. Green Lantern originally was supposed to be it. That's why Johns was brought along and helped brush up the movie script.

MoS was going to be a one-and-done movie, basically a Nolan vanity project, this because WB didn't want to lose their rights to Superman. Nolan and Goyer at most had some idea for a sequence, but never a cinematic universe.

But then GL bombed and MoS received an okay reception. That's when WB decided to turn MoS into their franchise opener. Nolan knowing that jumped ship. Goyer and Snyder kept on board. Later came in Affleck and his buddy Terrio, and since WB wanted to please Affleck, who was a hot-shot at the time, they basically gave the movie to him. Affleck kicked Goyer out and had his buddy Terrio rewrite most of the movie. That's also when Johns came in to help them expand things for JL.

For you to have an idea, during the production of MoS there was a huge fight about Superman's undies. Everyone, but Goyer and Snyder wanted the undies out. Goyer eventually accepted, but Snyder kept bugging about keeping the undies. So Snyder went to consult with DC and learned they were going to take Superman's undies out in the comics as well. So even back then DC was already planning the New 52.

>muh CGI

Oh, si you've never read a comic or saw the animated series, any of them? Well that's telling, listen son, Lawrence of Arabia MOS is not, so your opinion's discarded. PA Kent's death was unavoidable, Clark could have revealed himself which in of itself would have spiraled out of control and what could have led to dire consequences. Even further, PA Kent had no way of knowing if Clarke at 16 was ready for the fall out if outing himself went south. Remember, there's no bullet time hyper awareness.

So Snyder is a massive retard and the whole thing about him being an auteur is pure delusion.

ITT: Blah, blah, blah... DC fans finally admitted defeat... Blah, blah, blah.

He should have let Clark save the fucking dog. Why would they let an old man run into the path of a tornado. Even with out his super powers it would have made more sense to let Clark do it because he is in great shape, while pa Kent is around 50 or 60.

He is an auteur, just a really terrible one. Like Michael bay, he could be considered an auteur, just not a very good one.

YES!

Seriously, do yourself a favor and go read the interviews. It's an eye opener and really interesting.

Both sides of the internet spout shit about things they don't know. Pretty much all the religious motifs come from Goyer. You've to see him talking about Superman being both Old Testament and New Testament, Superman being 33 years old like Jesus Christ, and so on. He even talks about how much he cried during the filming of the talk between Pa Kent and young Clark, because it reminded him of him raising his wife's son. No joke.

>that awful awful cover of Bowie's "Heroes" in the trailer.
Jesus what a shit show.

>"Hey Superman, did you fight an hippotamus ?"
What did they mean by this ?

He's a kino story teller. Studio execs are grubby grabbers though that confuddles every thing.

You missed my original point. Clark has the destructive capability of Godzilla, exposing himself could lead to hero worship or he could be ostracized. Either one could be disastrous.

>MoS was going to be a one-and-done movie
Then why was Bruce Wayne's company satellite in the movie? Or the LexCorp truck? They were clearly planning to expanding that universe since the start.

Granted, BvS was a originally a solo MoS sequel before WB execs decided to shoehorn Batman and WW into it.

Because his wife is a producer. Its nepotism 101.

An auteur would have some semblance of creative input in what he is creating. From everything I've read so far, Snyder is just another Bret Rattner with a unique visual aesthetic.

Pretty much nothing but easter eggs from Goyer and Snyder. There was no plans to any of that.

What about the Excalibur symbolisms in BvS?

>Becomes crybaby
>bails on you 2/3 of the way thru
>Have to hire new director anyway now
>Costs you an extra $100M for the third shitty movie he made for you franchise that he destroyed

>Excalibur
I need to see that movie. Is it as good as people say?

That was Snyder, but just minor input from him, because the story was mostly Terrio working with a few left over ideas from Goyer.

I am pretty sure MOS was meant to be nothing more than a superman trilogy at best. It was pretty obvious if you followed the production of the film.

But if you don't believe me , Snyder literally admits he thought of BvS in a meeting after MOS was released. I'll try to find he article.

It's essentially Synderism film anyway.

EXCALIBUR DESSUUUUUUUUU

Were they anything more than just a nod or do they actually have anything to do with the Themes in BvS?

Also user can you link me to the Goyer interviews where he said that shit.

so like Marvel movies?

Video game cut scenes seem to be getting better every year.

What the fuck am I looking at?

I know what you're talking about. Snyder during the filming of MoS wanted a scene where Bruce Wayne receives a case to his mansion doorstep and that case is filled with kryptonite when he opens it. The Bruce Wayne in question? Christian Bale.

Nolan told him no and that real films don't have cliff-hangers like that or post-credit scenes.

You just made jelly that he has the greatest sword ever made and is stylin' on yo.

I didn't miss your point. He could have easily saved the dog without exposing himself. He's visibly in good shape, no one would think twice about him going to save the dog compared to PA Kent.

Terrio, who wanted to make BvS to be Oscar worthy and super smart, structured BvS as a Greek tragedy. So Snyder added a bit of Excalibur into it.

Seriously, what movie is this?

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

Well the Bale thing wasn't in the interview but yeah it was somewhat along those lines.

Here's the interview
batman-news.com/2014/04/17/zack-snyder-talks-batman-vs-superman-batsuit/

>I gotta be honest, it definitely was a thing that… **after Man of Steel finished and we started talking about what would be in the next movie, I started subtly mentioning that it would be cool if he faced Batman**

Also
>But I’m not gonna say at all that when I took the job to do Man of Steel that I did it in a subversive way to get to Batman.

Thanks. Probably give it a look when I'm drunk.

So all that crap about all the destruction in MOS being intentionally heavy are crap? They just utilized the negative reaction to MOS as an idea for the next film.

Must be in some other interview. Basically Snyder and the execs wanted some sort of after credits scene with Bale. Nolan cut that out.

Then WB went behind Nolan's back and tried to give Bale large sums of money to come back as Batman, despite Nolan previously being against it. Bale told them to fuck off. That's why Nolan pretty much produced BvS in name only.

People insult Goyer too, you know. Snyder is an easier target because, being the director, he's the front man, plus he keeps saying stupid shit in interviews which only gives more reasons to blame him

>Superman's genetics told him to wear capes
>Nolan didn't want Zod to die but me and Goyer convinced him
>If i made Begins Batman would be raped in prison
>Batman kills all the time in TDKR
>I contacted Heisenberg to play Jimmy Olsen because he's so wacky but then i thought "what if i turn Luthor into the mumbling retard instead?"
>I got Jimmy Olsen killed because i thought it was funny

I honestly think that Snyder suffer some sort of autism. He speaks really weird during interviews and stuffs like that.

I fucking lost it at the moment when the terrorist guy with a fedora did a "m'lady" to the police sniper by the fucking bank window

He's also a blithering idiot youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc

>If i made Begins Batman would be raped in prison
He's talking about realism. And yeah, realistically you WOULD get raped in some third world prison full of sexually frustrated criminals.

Yeah, he's really awkward. Which most likely affects his job too

He was talking about dark movies. He said Begins wasn't actually dark while promoting his Watchmen instead, because that's what he said in another interview back then, that he didn't care about capes until he found Watchmen which was full of dicks, rape and blood, then he went on to make the movie and added even more violence than what was actually there

Basically, Nolan wanted do his Superman movies together Goyer. Their shared plan was to do a prequel set in Krypton. That's why Goyer still try to sell his Krypton pilot everywhere.

But WB kept insisting on inserting Batman in the sequence to MoS in any way possible. First by trying to link MoS with Nolan's Bat Trilogy, and later with their Dark Knight Returns wet dream.

Nolan jumped shit because he felt betrayed by the shit WB tried to pull, but Goyer and Snyder remained and accept to work with the idea. Later on Goyer was kicked out when Affleck and his buddy came in demanding all sorts of changes or else Affleck wouldn't play Batman.

these are all marvel-spread lies. everything is great.

Nolan and Bale were openly against possible shared universes and team movies, a JL adaptation probably could've happened sooner if it wasn't for them

>Synder edition never because WB in their hubris would never allow it.

It was obviously Joss Whedon who ruined Justice League. A shame, if Snyder had full control it could have been 10/10 kino.

>Joker and harley loose from arkham
>not a single mention in the film

Dude, i liked MoS and BvS despite their flaws, but everything i said is the truth. Like i said, anyone can Google this shit. Just put a variation of "MoS", "Goyer", "Snyder", "Nolan", "BvS", "Terrio", "Affleck", and "Interview.

Nolan was finishing the post-production on TDKR while also helping produce MoS. Dude didn't wanted to do more Batman shit and he certainly didn't wanted to connect MoS to a trilogy he was about to finish.

Nigga just wanted to do his Krypton shit, but WB wouldn't leave him alone. It'd have starred Crowe punching random kryptonians and it would have been glorious.

cinemablend.com/new/Russell-Crowe-Really-Wants-Do-Man-Steel-Prequel-70953.html

On the contrary, WB is totally banking on this shit of releasing a later "fixed" version of their movies. Suicide Squack's extended cut barely added anything and supposedly it wasn't made with Ayer's approval, it was pure cashgrab

Sometimes i wonder how things would have turned out if WB didn't fucked things up.

Imagine MoS + Krypton + MoS2? Perfect trilogy.

Trips don't lie but I would love it if you provided any source for it.

I would do it but I am posting on a low end phone that slows down if have too many tabs open.

Sure, i can probably do it since i'm doing nothing right now. Just say the things you want a confirmation on and i'll provide the links.

Here's a link about the plans for the MoS sequence that would feature the zinger Nolan didn't let WB and Snyder put in MoS.

cosmicbooknews.com/content/zack-snyder-reveals-man-steel-2-ending

For the sequence they didn't knew if they were going with the prequel set in Krypton or a legit sequence. So there were script for both. One of the scripts, which was for the straight up sequence, had as an after credit the scene WB and Snyder tried to place at MoS ending, which is Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) receiving a case with kryptonite.

his sword seems more like a bludgeon but eh, bretty good.

This, so fucking much.

>stress mode
>he doesnt have influence
>le remember we are at nerd show
>using star wars card
>its effective

>The raped crusader
Gets me every time