"These young punks think that they know Luke better than me"

>JJ Abrams just said, 'turn around slowly, remove your hood…' I turned around one time and was so happy to see her! Then JJ could take what little puzzle piece he needed and do with it as he wanted. I wasn’t really sure what he wanted either. It wasn’t really specified, it was very enigmatic, for a reason, because I’m not sure they even really knew. It’s like a relay where they pass the torch, because JJ writes whatever he wants and then hands it off, then Rian [Johnson, Episode VIII director] writes up to the end of VIII and hands it over to IX without knowing where IX’s going to finish.George Lucas handed over his notes for what he thought should happen in VII, VIII and IX, but after selling it to Disney for billion dollars, they threw it all out and started from scratch, doing it the way they wanted. At that price they’re entitled!
You can’t help but feel a little ownership even though I didn’t create it, then you think, ‘these young punks think that they know Luke better than me!’ But this is the first generation of filmmakers who were fans, who were kids when the movies first came out, and now they’re reinterpreting them for a new generation. And at some point you have to realise they have to make the movie they want, they don’t have to make the movie I want.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/930649854069501952
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there oughta be a law...against disney

He said the same damn thing to George while filming the OT, especially in ROTJ.
Mark was pissed for the character decisions of Luke in Return of The Jedi, he had some retarded ass idea of a fucking clone evil Luke done with the arm he got cut off in ESB and was tried to push it really hard to be made instead of what happens in ROTJ, actors aren't writers

You're talking out of your ass. The evil Luke clone is from a 1990 novel his son told him about, he thought it was cool but in no way he tried to convince George of doing that, he offered to Rian Johnson who told him they can't because it has been done already. They'll do ESB V2.0 instead because obviously nobody has seen a rebel base assault by AT-ATs on a white planet. Nobody has seen a young Jedi trained by an old monk on a remote planet, nobody has seen a city in the sky etc... Keep defending this shit you fucking shill

I love how you immediately imply that I'm defending a flick that isn't even out lmao, you are so lost

There is a reason why his career, unlike Harrison Fords, ended with ROTJ.

TLJ is gonna suck

>they threw it all out and started from scratch, doing it the way they wanted
Fucking jews

he shouluda used nmore force

Will bigger Luke be a plot point in this new trilogy?

Jedi was perfect as done

kys Hamill

>all those great characters like luuke and bigger luke taken from us by the mouse

Can't wait to dl, seed, and not watch tlj

*orange planet
checkmate prequel apologist!

It sounds like not even Disney knows where they will be at with Ep 9 where at least Lucas presented Hamill with something his can work with.

>And at some point you have to realise they have to make the movie they want, they don’t have to make the movie I want.

No, I don't.
Comments like that are a sad indication that someone as passionate and devoted to the story and legacy of Star Wars as Mark, is now emotionally disconnecting and distancing himself from the world he cared about and helped create.
Watching him as a fan of the originals is kind of like looking at a reflection. When the new Trilogy was announced, he was excited, like we were excited. Then, even when it became clear that Disney was only in it for the money, he still had hope and tried to bring his passion and creativity to Episode VII, only to be rebuffed by JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy and like us, disappointed by a glibe facsimile. He made a critical comments in a few interviews but they fell on mostly empty ears. Now with Carrie Fisher dead, Ford gone and Lucas an object of ridicule, Hamill looks around at the corporate yes-men directors, and the grinning Story Group writers who are replacing, not continuing, the memory of Star Wars. He looks at the massive shallow sea of nu-fans who applaud their efforts. And he finally realizes that he's an obstacle to them, and they honestly don't care what he has to say. He's a relic and a reminder of something they can never surpass.

it would be better for the fans if they just left star wars alone but mark gets a nice paycheck so you cant expect him not to just deal with it

The AT-AT's are bigger this time. Checkmate, Original Trilogy supremacist!

which is not being jewish

the thing with hamill is he completely unJUST himself to come back and play luke skywalker. he had a young gleam in his eye, he was animated during interviews, he slimmed down and was looking really fucking good. then JJ, disney, and Rian basically told him to get fucked, they were doing retarded shit to his character and said boo hoo you dont like it youre locked into the contract faggot. and now hes all depressed and not giving a shit anymore since the mouse took a piece of himself and raped it in front of him.

what happened to hamill with the sequel trilogy is exacty what happened to affleck with the DCEU

>Luke Skywalker goes into exile after X horrible thing happens

so fucking out of character. I fucking hate the laziness of it.

yea the boy who stood up to the fucking emperor of the galactic empire, the most powerful evil being in the galaxy, is gonna run away and hide because his temple got destroyed?

im calling bullshit on that whole thing. rians trying to distract us. luke destroyed the temple and hes fucking evil because they want to destroy our childhoods while promoting the diversity brigades donut steels for the new generations of slave

I hope he pushed for Luke to die in this film so he is at least out of his misery.

OT fags deserve this and then some. Star Wars was never good and the hate the PT got was undeserved. I am personally enjoying the legacy of the originals being completely replaced by Kennedy and Abrams' vision of Star Wars with the shallow dumb nufans eating it all up.

It's even worse when you consider the fact that all three actors (Hamill, Fisher, Ford) agreed to come back to Star Wars before the sale to Disney. Then they got switcheroo'd and found themselves locked in contracts, working for strangers.

That's all JJ's fault, not Rian's. I have hope that RJ might be able to produce starkino.

Well it seems like Riane is making Rey evil while having Kylo become the good guy. So this very possible

>that's for making fun of the dianoga mark

>Rey
>Evil

I don't buy for a second that they will do that. Just teasing.

oh hi mark

>Le Dark Side Rey

No. She will be a fucking grey Jedi.
>She is inherently noble and selfless (light side, thesis), but she also draws on her righteous emotions to protect the ones she cares about (dark side, antithesis). Because she is so special and pure, she is able to combine both perspectives without being either controlled by the stoicism of the Jedi or consumed by the passion of the Sith (grey side, synthesis). She's just that amazing, you see.

Nu-fans will slurp this shit up.

> "These young punks think that they know Luke better than me"
>uh huh, well im going on a aeroplane
>and i dont know if ill be back again

There's nothing inherently wrong with her character, you can't have her being problems and not being able to solve them, otherwise you don't have an action movie, it's like those survival horrors were you are powerless so you know that it's not an action game.

grey side are just detached assholes, that would be some kind of syncretic twilight side that surpasses both

she has no flaws and no real personality. succeeds at everything she tries and everyone instantly likes her. A stark contrast to Anakin in the PT and Luke in the OT.

rey is better than luke because she is a woman.

She's sharky, that's a personalty trait, and at the start of the movie she's poor and orphan so that success rate only applies to what he does to further the plot.

You think there would since they are literally dictating theaters, but majority wants all the theaters to die and just let the theater experience end, just like "Mike Stoklasa" said.

Only degenerate laptop viewing casuals want the theater experience to "die"

>luke gets hand chopped off in first fight
>anakin gets forearm chopped off in first fight
>rey slices and dices the evil raicst white men in first fight

Nothing wrong? You're right. She's totally not a Mary Sue who has zero character flaws and is perfect at everything.

>resist sith mind invasion
>with no training, mind control guard

Yep. No problems at all.

>that one shitter on the team so in love with his own ideas he won't let it go

these people are the worst to work on projects with jesus christ

I don't think you know what quotation marks are, my dude.

Stoklasa hypothesized replacing theaters with home theater experiences. Pointing out that someone who goes to a cinema on a regular basis is probably spending a few hundred dollars a year. Double or triple that amount if it's a parent paying for their kids. A decent home cinema set-up (tv, sound system, media player) starts from around $1000; roughly equivalent to a year of regular cinema attendance.

Your comparison to laptop using, VLC 720p fags is misleading.

Ford "As a man I've always felt Irish, as an actor I've always felt Jewish.". Got to play up the Jew angle to get ahead in Hollywood.

Someone who has enough money to make an actually decent home setup with proper acoustic treatment and isolation most probably has enough money that a few hundred dollars a year is nothing to him to give for a few proper theater experiences.

And no home setup can even come close to an actual IMAX, it's just not even comparable.

Hamil is metaphorically, and literally the last jedi.

I have a decent mid tier home theater setup (Klipsch reference premier speakers, a Marantz receiver, and a 75" 8000 series samsung tv) but it does the job well enough. I still go to ~30 opening night movies a year because nothing can beat the real theater experience. The opening night excitement when everyone who is there genuinely wants to be there and there are no dindus or disruptive/degenerate people.

Tbh he's a little entitled bitch, Luke Skywalker is not real, and it's Hamill's fucking job as an actor to do as the script says. He's a bad actor and such comments only prove it.

>at the start of the movie she's poor and orphan
Yet she speaks like a british royal, has perfect teeth. She also can fly the Falcon better than Solo because despite not even being able to barely earn a piece of bread she still found enough money to get flying lessons on one notoriously difficult ship...Makes sense if you're a retard

I dont think Disney would have bought the francise otherwise, and it would also be a hell of a lot more worth for lucas to sell

>Stoklasa hypothesized
Cucklasa is a bitch on payroll, JJ Abrams and Spielberg were calling for the end of theaters because the kikes figured out they can make more shekel and faster without theaters. There will only remain a few expensive theaters only for rich kikes. WIN-WIN

Quite the opposite. Mark played Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy and became known as Luke Skywalker in real life. The new movie comes around and wants to change his entire character to be nothing like the original which in itself is asking him to change himself. If Luke Skywalker is saying this isn't how Luke Skywalker should be then clearly the director has no idea what they are doing.

bruh it's a fucking character in a kid's movie
also no one cares what actors think
they're fucking actors

He gets millions of dollars out of it, so I won't feel too sorry for him

You seriously don't know about his near constant voice work?

>moviepass

Hamill's an above average actor. Not amazing, but the guy has both range and emotion.

>implying he only cares about money
He could make just as much money and still have his character coming back as he should have, instead of a failed hermit trying channel Yoda in ESB because the scumbags at Lucasfilm can't come up with one original idea.

Which is why the new Star Wars movies are shit. The original trilogy was made using ideas and complaints from the actors.

It's also no longer a kid's movie. If it was, it would not bring in the old actors and old characters. See the prequels or the original trilogy if you want a kid's movie, this movie is marketed towards the older audience and to have them drag their kids in to watch it.

Mark hamill is getting unshaped again.

Rian have killed him.

twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/930649854069501952