Infinity War hype thread

So while DC dying let's discuss our expectations for next Avengers.

Its a crucial moment isnt it? If its shit I can see it killing a lot of the mainstream interest in the MCU.

They need to kill off, and keep, a few of the main heroes dead. Otherwise this film will be a massive failure in the eyes of many.

As a guy who isn't really into capeshit, I'm pretty fucking hyped. Nothing this big has been done on cinema ever.
>decade worth of buildup
>crossing over of about 8 different properties with +25 different characters
>500 mil for each movie, that's twice the amount of any of Cameron's Avatar sequels. Combining on as estimate of a billion for 2 films.
>main villain is a giant grapefruit

It's incredibly impressive stuff, and it's surprising how they're not gonna fuck it up when there's so much at stake here.
My only problem is that the Russos are directing and they're bland as fuck

I imagine it could kill all interest in superhero movies in general if it's bad, this bubble has to burst sometime.

All I'm gonna say is I'm glad Joss isn't in charge since those Russo brothers can actually construct a good movie even when there's 12 characters flying about.

They should have already done that in Civil War. Russian Secret Agent Woman and Bow and Arrow man should be first on the chopping block, they ware fine in tge beginning but now we have new far more interesting characters to fill their place.

Expect a trailer near the Last jedi

Marvel has only made one actually good movie.
Some okay stuff
and rest garbage

+ IW has full year of post production, and Avengers 4 has year and a half to polish everything.
Civil War was a mess because of Spidey reshoots.

To be fair to Joss Avengers 1 really hit the mark and that was another moment that could have killed peoples interest if the movie didnt deliver but Im also glad the Rossos are in charge now.

It will be maximum quipfest. Notice how all the marvel movies are getting more quips every movie? Thor 3's dialogue was atleast 90% quips. And that's not counting visual gags

Tony is 100% gonna die.

>Nothing this big has been done on cinema ever.
>It's incredibly impressive stuff

This. Even if you hate capeshit you have to give them this much.

What would happen if Marvel release IW trailer now? The hype for it will literally kill the JL show date.

Yep, he's the Uncle Ben of the MCU. You know he's gotta take a shot to inspire Peter.

Certainly sounds cooler than JUSTice League

It will be a giant wedding cake, too fluffy, too much cream and sugar, it will look nice, and maybe it will be fun with the first bite, but the Marvel movies have already a bit declined since Avengers 2, so it is clearly not by putting more characters in that it will get better.
I was expecting so much of Dr Strange, but they made him just a capeguy that transcends dimensions Nolanstyle and even if Cumberbatch played it well, the script was rather shitty.

Uncle Ben is already dead in the MCU if Peter's hints in Homecoming are anything to go by but I still expect Tony to get iced.

DC dying
DC just found its niche. Also, they're probably cutting their films significantly in order to sell Blu-rays. Flawless model

Everyone's gonna die. Didn't you hear Hulk actor spoil it? They're all gonna die. Except maybe for Spidey

Thanos will kill Iron Man and War Machine.

It's gonna be his redemption thing to counter all his fuck ups. Peter is going to be his succesor as the main mcu dude

A bunch of them will probably get brought back though with infinity stone fuckery.

Cap will get sent back to the forties to live out his days with Best Girl

Thank God

YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD!

I know the real uncle Ben is dead but all I'm saying is from what we saw, Peter doesn't really care for Ben. He always idolised Tony, (it's confirmed that he was the kid from Iron-Man 2), and in Homecoming when he had a hard time, he heard Tony's voice, not Ben's. In the leaked Infinity War trailer, you can tell that their bonding grows stronger since from the first time he calls him Tony insread of Mr Stark. I'm not sure if they'll really die or fake-die. Don't forget that Dr Strange can mess up with time, he's like the Barry Allen of the MCU. Also, RDJ was seen filming Avengers 4.

More likely Strange will be Tony 2.0

The average SJW would consider most of these actors "white", but they all look so different and diverse to me.

Maybe white people aren't 1 race. Don't judge a book by its cover.

All the main guys will die. Tony, cap, hulk, thor, probs widow and hawkeye. If they have had 3 movies done they are out for sure.

all of them are filming Avengers 4 though, so if they "die", Dr. Strange will go back in time, change it & maybe create another universe but then, this sounds like DC's FlashPoint..

Imagine that! After all this hype raised with each separate film, they find out it's impossible to beat the last vilain and they all go full suicide mission, and the world explodes! Way to go out with a BANG, Marvel!

Lets not. Lets just not talk about Capeshit trash on this board for fuck's sake and pray it dies soon.
Can we please do that?

If everyone dies and Dr. Strange will just easily resurrect them it would be a bad writing.

>yfw we got tugboat toby and raimi back in Spider-Man

Could happen at the end of the first film.

>biggest movie ever made is coming up
>i-it's dying guise!
No user.
Doctor Strange is not needed, anyone who picks up the gauntlet after Thanos drops it can do it.

>the mouse buys the fox
>dr doom main villain for the next arc
>played by mads because fuck you

Ayo for real if movie 1 doesn't end with Thanos with a full gauntlet killing all the useless avengers (Hawkman, Bootybitch, Vision, etc...) and then snapping his fingers it's 0/10 confirmed

>Phase 4
>Fox will get all the rights of F4 (Fuck X-Men)
>Main villain is Galactus

An user can wish, r-right?

Literally all the Avengers are useless in the Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade/Watch/Abyss storylines.
How could Fox get that which they already have?

What do you think about this?

>Nothing this big has been done on cinema ever.

If we're talking about audience expectations, hype, and that special pre-release magic, RotK, the latter Harry Potter movies, and the SW prequels will still be bigger. That shit was everywhere.

Hype after IW and before Avengers 4 can be bigger.
But it depence on quality of IW.

>>Let's be honest, how many times has someone "died" and came back in these movies? Atleast one per movie

>My only problem is that the Russos are directing and they're bland as fuck
he just needs to get rid of the shaky cam action scenes and give dramatic scenes to james gunn

Meant for

>that perfect ending

I'm not fucking ready! ;_;

>hey're all gonna die. Except maybe for Spidey

Don't be so sure about that. In the leaked Infinity War trailer, he's on the ground, apologises to Tony & he really looks like he is dying. Also no one knows for sure if Tom Holland filmed the Avengers 4 yet, he was there for the photoshoot but we don't know if he filmed any scenes. The rest of the cast was seen filming it. Like this giy over here who posted the bts pics of Avengers 4. There is also a leaked pic where Tony waers the Hydra symbol I think, not sure about that so maybe they die and DR. Strange turns back time but creates a different universe.

>DR. Strange turns back time but creates a different universe.
But Strange needs the Time stone for that and it'll be in Thanos' glove.

Except Spider-man sequel will be release two months after Avengers 4.

The MCU really, really needs to just destroy earth.

>in the eyes of many
HAHAHAHAHHA
that's fucking hilarious
no one is going to die and the movie is going to make billions
and everyone is gonna say it was the best movi ever

despite the fact how shit the civil war was, people loved it. what makes you so sure this time will be different? you're fucking delusional if you think otherwise.

>and everyone is gonna say it was the best movi ever

no, DC fags will hate it, they already do

Cap arriving for his date with Peggy as though nothing ever happened would make me happier than anything else in these films.

Hawkeye's Family are going to die, that's why he takes up the mantle of Ronin

Maybe slightly late

Fuck you...

So if they all die, then Dr. Strange messes the timeline, it makes sense for Captain Marvel to set up in the 90's before all this Thanos mess.

It even makes perfect sense in-canon since Peggy's alzheimers means she won't remember a thing

Stop watching capeshit.

Is it ok for Josh Brolin to be Thanos and also Cable at the same time?

No, it's not okay

Theyre killing off unimportant people like Arrowmans family.

They make it all to end and in fourh Avangers it's different time line...

Yeah I have to say being old enough to remember the atmosphere when LoTR came out, there was nothing quite like it except maybe the SW prequels. The difference being that by the third SW film everyones expectations were really low, whereas with LoTR it kept building. I remember hearing people talk about RoTK a year in advance and talking about it everywhere, whereas while everyone I know *will* see IW, they don't really talk about it at all.

Yeah RoTK was everywhere

looks like a holocaust memorial minus the dark ones.

Almost no one stays dead in comics. They get exiled to another dimension, horribly disfigured, kidnapped, put into a coma, or they dispensary down a bottomless pit. Even when they do die, they often get replaced by nearly identical characters from alternate timelines.

I can only think of a few that actually die and stay dead.

Uncle Ben.

Mar-Vell (The First Captain Marvel)

Gwen Stacy.

>the arrow virgin walk

>Uncle Ben.

>Gwen Stacy.

Let this thread die this series is compost at best.

HE'S GOT A FUCKING METAL ARM
TONY HELP

Why there is no Chris Evans in the OP pic?
Dont tell me Cap is not in the next Avengers.
Also why Ironmalet looks like he has normal-human height?

Infinity War trailer will drop soon & everyone is going to freak out.

this is gonna be the worst movie in ten years when even their own cultiists arent rating it high

stfu DC fag

This^.
The comicon leak made it appear to be big boss platitude and quips with a retard ensemble of heroes championing the : we must unite as one to defeat evil mantra. Looks like trash bin bullshit. Even starwars is getting away from this archaic good vs. evil mind virus meme.

> mfw capeshit fanboi

Infinity war is going to be the same dumpster fire as Apocalypse. Years of hype only to be a completely cornball good heroes unit to defeat gimmicky ultimate boss. Marvel simply doesn't know how to depict darkness or greyness on the big screen. They're stuck on a child like darkness vs. light meme.

this guy gets it
> I was expecting so much of Dr Strange, but they made him just a capeguy that transcends dimensions Nolanstyle and even if Cumberbatch played it well, the script was rather shitty.
Exactly.. typical marvel.. zero depth.. just surface level capeshit.

I think i'm done desu.

Comicon leak already occured. Looks like a trashbin fire.

You really think it's going to be worse than JL?

or...OR....BEAR WIT ME

They get resurrected with THE INFINITY STONES...!!!! That could make a decent comic book even. We could call it: The INFINITY STONES!

Just I thought

ffs Paltrow do some squats you lazy cunt and eat
5 limes

He wont use arrows anymore.

>6 replies in one post
>^^
Fucking christ. Go back to the /JL/ threads.

The limes are only for poor people.

>"They better not introduce that feminist icon Brie Larson in Infinity War! I'm the only female role model, not her. ...damn you Marvel! You even beat us at the only thing we had going..."

kek that stupid Gadot already thinks she is the messenger for the hashtag feminism of 2018. Someone should remind her that she is just one actress that could be recasted in no time if DC suddenly realises they got a better plan.

>there are people genuinely excited for this absolute schlock

Kek. It will get a 100% on RT for being fun, quippy and progressive despite being completely lifeless, underwhelming and with a complete lack of stakes at all despite the 10 year buildup.

they should be arrested well the ones with the noses at least, their up to no good at all.

>I think i'm done
Same my dude. Civil War was the lost one I saw in theaters and it was when I realized I don't care about any of the MCU characters at all. Only watched 3 cape films since then. GotG 2 (was eh), Homecoming which was better than the TASM movies but I still rank it below the Raimi trilogy, and Suicide Squad which I only watched to see how bad it is.

Who hurt you?

They need to kill at least some of the heroes for it to have any kind of stakes.

WHEN'S CAPTAIN MAHVEL

DC beats marvel yet again.

gtfo

This is gonna fail so hard and you losers will buy it anyways, hahahahahahaha

Spider-Man has been confirmed to have a trilogy for like a year
Peter and the Guardians (at least most of them) are guaranteed to survive based on the fact they have movies coming out after Avengers 4

This is one amazing suit. Question is if she can fill it out that way.