Did anyone else read the Walton goggins interview with the gothamist...

Did anyone else read the Walton goggins interview with the gothamist? It looks like it the interview kept trying to bait Walton and he just ended the interview.

Other urls found in this thread:

gothamist.com/2017/09/18/interview_walton_goggins_on_vice_pr.php
vulture.com/2017/09/vice-principals-season-2-danny-mcbride-walton-goggins-interview.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why was he trying to bait him?

Thanks for baiting me into going to check it out, you snakey little cunt.

Well he wouldn't move on after they discussed criticism of Lee and gamby's treatment of Dr Brown. Walton said the he has people thanking him for his accurate portrayal of treatment but since it makes critics UN comfortable these dipictions glorify it.

Good interview, and I don't think he was baiting him and regardless Goggins replies were well done
gothamist.com/2017/09/18/interview_walton_goggins_on_vice_pr.php

>Well, obviously, there's a little problem with that just because people are only given so many episodes at a time, so they can't see the full breadth of the story usually.
>WG:Right, well then, maybe a person in that position should hold those thoughts until they see an entire movement. You know, it's like listening to "Bohemian Rhapsody," and you just write an article on like the first 30 seconds of that song. Well then, what would that be, in compared to listening to the entire song? That's what I think.
>OK. I guess my view was just that there was this weird thing where some people couldn't separate you guys commenting on and discussing these issues, verses identifying with or glorifying them. That they were conflating the two.
>WG:I don't understand what you're saying.
That some people assumed the story you were telling was one of relishing in the mud, as opposed to commenting and critiquing these men.
>WG:Relishing in the mud, like Danny McBride and Walton Goggins were relishing in the mud? Well, this was what was written on the page, first and foremost, And you know what, I'm gonna end this really quickly, but I'll just say this in closing: who was the most lovable person in the room? Who were the most despicable people in the room? It's Lee Russell and Neal Gamby, and it is their journey towards a personal, soulful redemption. This story hopefully will be about a journey towards enlightenment. About lifting oneself out of an arrested state of development. Right? That's what I think, and I think...yeah that's it.

Well when you don't include the part with the baiting in it sure... Fuck off Ben yaka you racist asshole

He kept pressing the retarded issue for clickbait material, I guarantee you. In any case, Walton handled it as it should have been handled.

Speaking about all of those little shitheads that watched the first 2-3 episodes, "Reviewed and critiqued" it, said "Oh look at this, a show about two white men trying to bring down a black woman." for the epic upvotes, and moved on:

>Right, well then, maybe a person in that position should hold those thoughts until they see an entire movement. You know, it's like listening to "Bohemian Rhapsody," and you just write an article on like the first 30 seconds of that song. Well then, what would that be, in compared to listening to the entire song? That's what I think.

I included the important part which was Goggins rebuttal, the rest can be read on the site, don't know why you're blowing your top.

Oh you did, did you? Oh thanks it really helps when you leave out the whole reason I started this lost to begin with. I hope your kids rape each other to death and your wife gets hook worm in her cunt from shoving pig feces in it

I miss this show so much already. Fucking horrible being interested in absolutely nothing on tv. This being probably my favorite show of all time, figures it was only written to be two seasons.

why is there always someone that starts shitposting in a Vice Principals thread? What is your endgame exactly?

keep tabs on jody hill, he's terrific

Better to burn out than to fade away. Also was his daughter in the show a quarter black? She looked half red bone I swear

Ms Abbot was so fucking hot..

Yes her and the mousy secretary are way hotter than snod grass

snod grass is a dumb ugly bitch gambly deserves better

Rude desu

ugly whore but i got a handjob from a girl who looked like her in high school. she was like 2 years younger than me and she did it while i was driving

Did you hit a gypsy?

God why can't blondes keep their hair down past their shoulders it looks so sexy compared to the relatively short length they have usually. Only teens seem to do the ultra long hair

thinnnnerrr

but no, almost got caught by the school security officer though. he gave me more than a few dirty looks

Ah you know broads "oh it's so hard to maintain, blah blah blah"
Sounds like he needed a handjob too

>This story hopefully will be about a journey towards enlightenment. About lifting oneself out of an arrested state of development.
and this is why jews are cancer and this show is shit

Gothamist guy screwed up by talking about white male privilege and how critics didn't like the show at first because of that. Goggins rightfully forced him to explain himself and pulled the plug when he saw where this columnist was angling. I guess he's tired of having to explain to people how fiction works.

McBride, Jody Hill, and Walton Goggins aren't Jewish.

i think he's implying that an uplifting message is rare because of jewish influence

I don't think the interviewer agreed with those kneejerk critics though, he just wanted to get Goggins' take on it, and I'm glad we got it, even if was somewhat poorly handled.

Yeah I got the sense the columnist didn't agree either but it has to be tiring to talk about the same things all the time.
That said, this interview was a bit more cringeworthy as the columnist mentions Trump like five or six times vulture.com/2017/09/vice-principals-season-2-danny-mcbride-walton-goggins-interview.html

>Do you have a sense of who these characters would’ve voted for?
>WG: Themselves! Lee Russell would’ve wrote in his own name.
>DM: I have no idea. I don’t think he would’ve registered to vote.
This guy should be fired for asking such an inane question.

I think in his head " Southerners=irredeemable racist" fucking hell these are the Carolinas. The Connecticut of the South, fucking everyone think it's all Mississippi everywhere

Handjobs are the best.

They should have asked this faggot who HE voted for. Or if he indeed even registered or even left the house on election day. It wouldn't matter, because he would just lie anyway.

I wonder how far we are away from the tide turning on these wormy types. I don't remember people asking fictional characters if they voted for bush

The question of "who do you think these characters voted for" is not a bad question, on the surface. And I think McBride and Goggins both gave good answers that fit their characters. But that wasn't this interviewer's intent. He wanted to imply that these two fictional assholes voted for Trump so that he could further imply that Russel and Gamby are racist and that's why they went after the new principal (I can't remember her name, which clearly means I'm racist lol). It's a shitty interview tactic and I believe we are beginning to see the tide turn already.

>I guess he's tired of having to explain to people how fiction works
Fucking this
How people still can't differentiate between the two is amazing.

I mean do these people even like black people? They talk a big game and go on racist witch hunts but I bet they count the black lady that works security at their office building as a black "friend". Fuck dude you are only fooling people already living a lie

The real lesson of this entire thread is, "Don't read the Gothamist."

>still
This is a relatively new phenomenon actually. I don't remember anyone bitching when Pulp Fiction came out about how much of a "bad person" Vincent Vega was. Everyone just talked about how cool he was. Conversely, when Suicide Squad came out, people bitched about The Joker being a bad person because of the way he treated Harley. Because, you know, he IS a bad person and always has been, but suddenly "critics" and fags like this interviewer have to complain because something in a fictional story made them uncomfortable.

Gothamist article wasn't even close to as bad as the Vulture one.

It's because they fear being bitched out for not attacking these things, fucking wimps. One thing I Do hate about white people we want everyone to like us all the time so we go out of our way to be anodyne.

>Last summer, during the press tour for the first season, you were often asked about how the show seemed to perfectly line up with a political moment. And then the election happened. With Trump winning, all culture, regardless of what the creators initially intended, is suddenly viewed through this lens. How does it feel to have the second season come out now?
>DM: Maybe it’s a fault of mine, but I don’t equate art and things that are out there as everything lining up with what’s happening in politics. Even though, when the first season came out, everyone was equating it: “Oh, this is about the Trump voter,” “This is about the angry white male.” It isn’t not about that, but that wasn’t the intention. I remember joking with Walt, “Man, if people thought that lined up in the first season, it’s pretty insane how the second season lines up!” Ultimately what that means is that we are not in a unique time period. This is the pitfalls and perils of leadership, good or bad.
>I was rewatching some press thing you guys did for the first episode, and it had a quote I hadn’t seen anywhere: “Vice Principals is a dark, strange, twisted tale about leadership, friendship, loyalty, and the fall of Western civilization.”
>DM: [Laughs.]
>I was like, “He knew!” The show taps into a thing, coincidentally, that some might fear will lead to the collapse of Western civilization. Do you think as Southerners who’ve grown up more around certain people, you understand something that those in the Hollywood “bubble” might not?
>DM: I don’t even think it has to be the South. It’s human nature. There can be a guy in the hills of L.A. or a guy in the hills of the Appalachian Mountains who act this way when they’re hurt, or don’t have what they need in life. I don’t know why, but we have been obsessed with the angry Southern man! Jody Hill and myself grew up in the South,but we would’ve been considered the most liberal guys in the South.

I'm guessing no interviews brought this up? Or Gamby and his affirmative action joke

they live in North Carolina so they've seen the FBI crime statistics play out IRL.

That corkboard has so much funny shit on it, I hope they show the whole thing on the DVD/Blurays at some point.

I saw "JIHADIST" in one shot

I saved a few from the premiere thread

>He's the only goddamn friend you have
;___;

For anyone wondering if Lee is gay

>not understanding that he wants to be them not inside them
This is Buffalo bill-tier idolatry

I think goggins made him so bitchy and qeeny because gay guys sound funny saying mean shit. I wouldn't read into it more than that

Oh shut up, you know if he was gay they would have definitely read some gay sex stuff from his sisters diary

There WAS that one entry that he made Gamby stop midsentence about and there were gay rumors about him back at the school til he turned it against Christine's would be soulmate
That said his sexuality being up in the air is totally fine since it's funny as fuck

>How would you describe Lee's sense of style in general?
>WG:Whimsical. One of a celebration, just a rainbow of joy and happiness. Sarah Trost was our wardrobe designer, and I think it's the first time she ever worked with Danny. And I'll never forget the first day that I met her, and the conversation that ensued, and what she pulled out of her case. As wardrobe designers do, she fundamentally dialed into what Lee was going to be for me. I think Danny would say the same thing about her.
>WG:You know, we know a lot of people in the South—both Danny and I, and Jody and David for that matter [Editor's Note: Jody Hill is co-creator, director and executive producer of the show, and David Gordon Green is a director and executive producer on the show; both are frequent collaborators with McBride]—that you don't know whether they're gay or they're straight. You know, they're these effeminate kind of guys in the South that are so lovely, they're so wonderful, and this was kind of an amalgamation of a few of those people that I knew.

Gonna miss this show.

whats some essential walton goggins kino?

Justified
The Shield
Hateful Eight
His bits on Sons of Anarchy are hilarious but I wouldn't really suggest the series as a whole.

All I remember is him being in cowboy stuff, like he is always part of an outlaw gang covered in road dirt

assuming you already watched Justified and VP:
The Shield
>The second male lead for all seven seasons and is fantastic in it. This was the role that broke him out in my eyes.
Django Unchained
>Features heavily in the last 30 minutes, called in at the last second to replace Kurt Russell, turns what could have been a worthless role into something memorable thanks to his natural charisma and brutality
The Hateful Eight
>Very heavy role, probably the second or third main character. Tarantino pretty much gifted this role to him because of how well he did in Django. Goggins absolutely owns the part and for many is the best character.

Cowboys vs Aliens and Shanghai Noon have brief Walton Goggins appearances as characters such as this. He's also in Lincoln but as a fairly comical and cowardly character.

American something with Jesse Heisenberg.
Goggins plays an mk ultra activated soldier named "the mouth" who cackles a lot.

Predators is a bad movie but it's Peak Walton

I'm just glad Walton is getting the recognition he finally deserves. He paid his dues big time. It's unfortunate that his teeth have all but prevented him from going beyond "character actor" because he could very well be the next Jack Nicholson otherwise.

Agreed. There are several strong performances in Predators. It's a real shame how that movie falls apart in the third act.

thanks for th replies

based

>tfw no Walton Goggins and Steven Ogg criminal brother show/movie

Steven ogg is disappointing, he cant really act unfortunately.

>It's really hard to lay Boyd Crowder down and it's hard to lay down the relationship that I had with Tim's character, Raylan Givens. You know, I even miss saying the name..."Hello, Raylan."

Haha the memes are reality