/trek/-holodeck editition

Why are they called holodecks? Why not smart-matter chambers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sCMhBH-Sg8o
youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsZRbwbJ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because its force fields and light

You stole my picture of ensign... Or rather Transporter Chief Mommy

So when people are getting water in their mouths from the ocean, it's a forcefield? When someone is drowning what is filling their lungs? How do the bullets work?

Also:
>Hillary

Because holodeck sounds better.

ATTENTION COMMANDER

Was it rape?

Worse, she was treating a sentient being as an instrument of pleasure rather than as an end in and of itself. Even if Data consents, he has no capacity for the emotions and virtues in virtue of which sexuality can have a positive meaning. He can be raped but he can also voluntarily masturbate a woman, feeling nothing.

>tfw too intelligent for holodecks

Why are they called phasers and not ray guns?

>A hologram was a construction of photons, force fields, and holomatter created inside a holodeck, a holosuite, or by another type of holographic projector. Tom Paris described them as "projection[s] of light held in a magnetic containment field", (VOY: "Phage") while The Doctor described them as "3 dimensional projections of light and energy" and "photons held together by force fields". (VOY: "Lifesigns")

>A replicator was a device that used transporter technology to dematerialize quantities of matter and then rematerialize that matter in another form.(TNG: "Lonely Among Us") It was also capable of inverting its function, thus disposing of leftovers and dishes. (DS9: "Hard Time", "The Ascent"; VOY: "Memorial") Items thus disposed of served to fuel the replicator, and would later be reconstituted as other objects. (VOY: "Year of Hell")

Why are Ba'tleth's called swords?

I just finished listening to "I, Q", read by John De Lancie. That was a fun experience, some good chuckles. I'm sad that there doesn't seem to be many books read by the cast members.

It literally doesn't matter because if they charged every member of the crew with a crime and Court Marshall every time some aliens or pathogens makes everyone go crazy they'd never have any crew left. On any ship.

So voyager could just replicate more shuttle crafts right? Did they have a giant replicator or did they just do it one tiny part at a time? Can you just replicate a tiny warp core it was the weirdest part of the series for me

So Klingonese is supposed to sound like some kike speaking in hebrew?

Tuvix did nothing wrong

was it sexual misconduct?

>Computer create an identical reproduction of the Enterprise-D
>Now create 900 Worfs, all in a sexual bloodlust, and add 20 more barbs to their penises.
>Dim the lights to 20% throughout the ship
>Disengage safety protocols
>Beam Wesley Crusher naked into the holodeck and seal the doors. Encode voice authorization to Reginald Barclay only.

What do Vulcan penis look like?

>Star Trek has an entire race of thots
>they're villains
wow, didn't know Trek was so based

It's like a romulan penis but bigger.

I think this gal looks more like Hillary

>based
How to spot a retard.

only for black vulcans
you are now aware that Tuvok is basically a throwback to old hanna Barbera cartoons

I love them both but why do the Cardassians exist when they're essentially the same as the Romulans. Why didn't DS9 just focus on the Romulans and Bajorans.

Bullet's should be easy to stimulate with force fields, and the water just requires something like the replicators they have for food?

"no".
>An industrial replicator was a large-scale replicator, typically used for construction purposes.

>In 2373, Pascal Fullerton claimed that Risa was an illusion created by industrial replicators, seismic regulators and a weather control network. (DS9: "Let He Who Is Without Sin...")

>Deep Space 9 housed an industrial replicator on Level 17. In 2373 a Changeling posing as Julian Bashir overrode the security blocks on the industrial replicator and used it to produce a bomb consisting of trilithium, tekasite, and protomatter. Odo discovered the override by the saboteur but was unable to determine what was replicated because the memory core had been wiped. With that explosive device the changeling aimed to destroy the Bajoran sun along with the combined Federation, Klingon, and Romulan fleets in the system. (DS9: "By Inferno's Light")

Just watched two voyager episode.
Into the Flesh and Dragon's Teeth.

What else is good?
I guess I like time travel and history episodes.

> he only watches certain episodes

Fold pleb. You have to watch the whole thing in order so that you can get a feel for the entire product. That's like instead of eating a piece of cake you eat the eggs flour milk sugar and everything else separately.

>Bullet's
Sub-verbal Australopithecine detected

if holodecks are all light and forcefields, then there's a big problem. forcefields are supposed to be hard, right? so when you're in your holodeck program and fugging away on some green alien chick and her orange best friend, does would it feel like rubbing your dick between two bricks with no give?

really like this guy

No more eps gotcha

>"I, Q", read by John De Lancie
Got a link?

Watch Threshold

JDL voices Alarak in StarCraft and Heroes of the Storm and it's such a great character, he's just another jerk alien. But a joy to listen to

youtu.be/sCMhBH-Sg8o

Naturally they would have varying degrees of pliancy and texture mapping would have been real time to the point where if you push on a pillow the soft sensation would be instantaneous

imagine early holodecks with jagged edges and bad textures and shit

>called deck
>literally just a single room which exists on a deck made up of many rooms

>SNEStier polygonal breasts

Did you know Jordi was Somalian

>everything looks like minecraft models

question: could you, with safety protocols disengaged, cut yourself on the razor-sharp nipple of a low-poly Naked Deanna Troi?

Coolio, ima googel dat.

When resolution was that low there wasn't enough memory for safety protocols and Diana Troy wouldn't have been born for another hundred fifty to two hundred years.

I'm at work right now, but when I get home I can upload a zip. It's about 150mb. I'll upload "Q Squared" too, which is the one I'm starting on now.

>safety protocols in first gen holodeck
Also, do you think there were competitor holo manufacturers? Were there holodeck wars on Sup Forums?

That'd be great. Thanks.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

BAJORANS GET OUT MY THREAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He was out of line a little

agreed, their chocolate milk is delicious

>It's a Tom's Parisian Chophouse episode
>It's the one where the Jewish slave labor holograms become self-aware and try to take over Voyager, go back in time, and stop the Holocaust from happening

Yes but if they have replicators then it's not a "holo" deck

First time trekfag here just started season 3, Is there any rhyme or reason as to when they use Dr. Crusher and when they use Dr Pulaski? She suddenly was gone for a season and now she's back.I kinda prefer Pulaski.I have a thing for "no bullshit" females.

Well you can't drink force fields, now can you?

>Watching TNG S3E3: The Survivors
>hits right in the feelies
I.. I did not expect that. I'm a sucker for "I just loved her and I lost it" stories.

actor was preggers IIRC so they called in Pulaski. Also, I thought I was the only one who preferred her to Crusher

>foreign shit
Leave.

it's got the wrong fuckoing NAME

To be fair I'm not all done with the whole show so I can't say if she gets better in the long run but... Crusher is just... boring plain vanilla. All she has going for her is the "hot redhead milf" factor, but if you don't care about her there isn't much else she brings to the table.
Pulaski HAS some character, her banter with data, her "Oh yeah Riker I totally fucked your dad", kek I think she was pretty based and I was actually kinda sad to see Crusher back.

Worse yet, why do the writers continue in the assumption that only mixed race polities can have cultural diversity while same-raced polities must be culturally homogenous?

>idiot doesn't realize that for every liter of milk a portion of profits goes to building stations JUST like Terok Nor
wow, it's like you DON'T want to make Cardassia great again

Remember that stupid cross-over episode with Abrom and Izak from the planet Zeon?

>Holodeck2600

Is that why they don't use it anymore?

Dukat is a foreigner.

Something I miss, that old Trek had and new Trek lacks is Old people.
On ToS most people looked near or over 40 EVERYONE who outranked kirk was positively ancient. On TNG, the captain was a stern grandpa, women were allowed to have wrinkles in their face and so on.

In Discovery (and most modern shows and films) EVERYONE looks young or at least well preserved. Even the admiral, while clearly rather old is well enough preserved to have a fucking sex scene.
What is it with these people and their ageism? Is it because the discovery writers associate old folks with racism? "Oh don't visit my grandma, she's racist!" Is that what causes them to not hire anyone who looks wrinkled? Specially command should be littered with old people.

that's because STD is in the mirrorverse where to get ahead they assassinate their superiors. that is why michael did nothing wrong when attempting to take control of the ship from the captain

>On TNG, the captain was a stern grandpa
come on, he was in his 40s as well. Plus it's kinda realistic, you don't get to be a fucking captain at 25

Excellent post, user, and it may account for why the acting is so god-awful because a lot of young actors are still doing the "I'M ACTING!" thing where they over emphasize certain lines that don't need it. That fucking lead is exhibit A but the whole show reeks of a "look how clean and modern and new and young this whole thing looks" while appropriately lifting the GoT atmosphere which is why it doesn't even feel like Star Trek in the slightest.

It shows how much things have regressed in 20 years when the franchise that's supposed to be the most enlightened looks more like a nouveau riche southern California hipster family.

What if isntead of STD we got a Trek show about Mirror Universe
youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsZRbwbJ4

>EVERYONE who outranked kirk was positively ancient.
Are you sure that you watched TOS and didn't just read some memes?

>Excellent post, user,
Except that it's wrong.

DUDE so ancient LMAO

Get a load of this mummy amirite?

wrinkles
gray hair

is there a method to deciphering those triangles or are they just stuck on for fun

They're candy for when he gets tired and wants a nappy.

Don't be like that.

I mean, Isaacs is over 50, but I do see where you're coming from. But that just seems to be a problem with Hollyjew and co. that's been around for ages. Men didn't get hit with it as hard (though there are exceptions depending on what type of roles they were most known for), but after a certain age most women never got as many roles even if they still looked good (but just more mature). I remember reading an interview with Louise Fletcher where she said how difficult it was even to get roles where she was more than just the mom/grandmom who appeared once or twice, even if it was obvious she could do so much more. I'd take someone older over a new hot young thing who has no idea what he or she is doing and who looks completely out of place in their setting.
dude was probably overexaggerating desu and I will say the admirals (have there been mentions of commodores on STD?) have been older-ish people on STD (meaning the Vulcan dude who could easily be like 80 and whatsherface)

orange is a painkiller, green is for his high blood pressure, pink is for his liver, purple is for low blood pressure and blue is for when Uhura is in town

bald
gray hair

Decker was just having a bad day. It was a REALLY bad day.

I was a bit hyperbolic but, yeah. He looks old and certainly older thank kirk did. I didn't mean it to be "they literally all looked like they need a walker" but "they all looked like they could reasonable be expected to have more history"
Stocker being possibly the exception, but then again stocker was used as the lead example for: "You're just assmuning power and you have no Idea what you are doing!" He endangered everyone
Yes. he looks old.

If it makes you happy I change my point too: "the average age of crew and extras in old shows seems to be higher than that of the new shows" you nitpicking dingus.

Thanks.
That was kind of a dumb episode though.

"Look at me. I'm the Chief Engineer now."

>instead

okay i laughed

Yeah you're not fooling anyone.

threshold is considered by many the worst episode of voyager, i think you got memed on

It's a fine episode on its own. The only issue is when you turn off the TV, crawl into bed, tuck yourself under the covers, and then lay awake all night wondering "Why didn't they go home?".

Well memed.
At least it sorta fit the description of what I liked.