The Oscars 2018 prediction thread

The Oscar goes too...

My Little Pony: The Movie

I know it's not going to happen but i want to see MLP to win just for the epic burn.

Smurfs has got my vote desu.

Coco will win.

Clearly The Nut Job 2 is going to win best picture!

Coco is going to win and there's nothing you can do about it

What will Gkids distribute?

>mfw Ordinal Scale gets nominated for Best Animated Feature

Even if it doesn't end up being a steaming pile of shit (Which it will), the Disney movie will win.

>the oscars decide to skip animated movies that year

>Despicable Me 3
>More Minion merchandising and advertising
Fuck me I thought that shit was over.

Cars 3 for being edgy and dark for no logical reason.

>that spoiler
MODS!!!!

And very bitter against Millenials.
Like that is the actual plot, Lightning McQueen is an angry baby boomer mad at Millenials and their faster car designs oil and engines

You mean to which Disney movie, the Disney award goes to?

It's Pixar, I don't think it'll be that straightforward.

Oh good gravy, half of Sup Forums and all of /mlp/ would be banned.

It's gonna be another one of those years, isn't it

You mean, a year with many greats films that Sup Forums will ignore?
Probably.

Disney ever winning when Hollywood can go a step up and go with the cream of the crop.

Lego Batman Movie and My Little Pony instantly ommited because toy commercials
Coco will win best animated feature for its diversity bait
Smurfs will win if Coco doesn't because >DUDE TWERKING COLORFUL ANIMATED CREATURES TWERKING TO POP MUSIC LMAO

That's the wrap for 2018 folks

It's a long shot, but I'm pulling for The Breadwinner. After Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea, they've more than earned it.

Nah, the trailer barley had any minions (only for Illumination logo and at last shot). The thing they're more focusing on is that the TREY PARKER (yes, Trey Parker of South Park fame) is going to play the main villain (pic related).

>Boss baby
>Nut Job 2
Don't see it happening.

>Emoji Movie
REALLY don't see it happening

>Smurfs
Well it's fully animated and looks okay so far so maybe.

>Captain Underpants
Loved the books but highly unlikely

>Despicable Me 3
Minions so obviously that's probably going to win one.

>Coco
>Cars 3
If not Coco then Cars 3 because Pixar.

>Lego Batman/Ninjago
Has potential to win seeing how big a success Lego Movie and TLBM were.

>MLP The Movie
Don't think it would be nominated but if it does and wins then the internet would freak out in more ways than one.

>this movie I haven't even seen should win because the people making it have made good movies in the past

I love Cartoon Saloon and their past movies too, and I have high hopes for The Breadwinner being very good on its own, but I don't think one movie necessarily deserves an award on the grounds that other movies preceding it were good.

For example, I wouldn't have felt comfortable about Box Trolls winning something just on the grounds that Laika and Coraline and ParaNorman are good.

Again, though, I'm really excited for The Breadwinner. Only animated film this year I'm looking forward to.

>coco
bakin' soda

If Mlp wins, will you let us back in?

I thought they already got like four movies?

>Capeshit
>Shit
>Sequel
>Might be good
>More lego shit
>Sequel
>Sequel
>Shit
>Might (emphasize on might) be good
>Sequel
>b&

Not a good year for movies, huh?

Captain Underpants

Didn't cars cost Pixar losing an Oscar to happy feet?

You know its fucked up when Small Horse is the least visually obnoxious movie of them all. Animation is in another dark age.

That said, I dont want ANY of the things I like get popular anymore, i wished on a fucking monkey paw once.

The ride will never end.

It should go to one of the LEGO movies, considering the rest of that shitty lineup.

It probably won't, because the first LEGO movie got snubbed hard.

Maybe it will go to Captain Underpants because it's 'progressive and shit'.

When will south park finally end

But what about Kizu 3 and SAO Ordinal Scale?

Wow this is a depressing lineup.

Inb4 the ultimate heelturn of Emoji movie sweeping every animated movie award of 2018

mlp has a spinoff series of movies about multi colored human versions of the characters. this will be the first pony movie.

Naw - it will default to the Pixar/Disney pool.
Half of the Academy committee dont even watch the movies in the nominated animated pool and reject anything that even appears remotely shallow or corporate advertising.

If the emoji movie is a 9/10 I'll go crash my car into the nearest brick wall

>Captain Underpants
I want this to win just so people can say Captain Underpants won an oscar

Sounds familiar...

when it stops being hilareous to normies
Love the show but come on what the fuck its lost all value.

I used to LOVE fucking Supernatural but theyve prolonged it into a meme show fucking kill me

Agreed. I wish Song of the Sea had won last time. It was much better than most of the other films that year, especially Bland Hero Sucks.

I actually agree. Boxtrolls is good but in a sort of obscure way. It's kind of a divergence from ParaNorman and Coraline's narrative feeling, IMO.

Everyone knows it will Disney

Why the fuck would anything nice ever happen?

There are more movies than that, you know. Sony's The Star could be good - or bad. We don't know. Animal Crackers has a solid cast, but its not the best animation. Who knows how it will turn out?