Venture Bros ended for THIS shit show

>Venture Bros ended for THIS shit show

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=urB-lCSruoo
strawpoll.me/12434439
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought new season is already in development?

8.6 and 8.7 for Venture Bros on Tv.com and IMDB
9.3 and 9.2 for Rick and Morty

Ooo, so CONTRARY, I just LUURVVE that in a person!

>citation needed

Didn't Superjail end for Mr Pickles?

Venture Bros didn't end, and if it did Rick and Morty is at least on the same level.

I hope a fire kills everyone involved in making both and destroys all footage from all episodes.

Oooh yes, yes. I love when someone displays an unwarranted contrarian opinion to something critically praised too, my fellow friend!

You practically just described a Superjail sequence.

>is at least on the same level.

SO glad we're of one mind on the subject, Sup Forumsmrade!

Why all the Rick & Morty bait hate m8?

No way is it on the same level. Rick and Morty is targeted at high schoolers, with the oh so funny uncaring psychopathic alcoholic grandpa.

It's Justin Roiland hungry for attention, ignore him

SEASON
THREE
WHEN

Usually I catch the gradual shift of Sup Forums going from loving to hating something, but with Rick and Morty it's like someone just flipped a switched.
What happened?

It became reddit's favorite toy and as a result is permanently shitstained in the eyes of an average Sup Forumsmrade, since their pretension and shallowness will impact the show's writing as they're the primary audience. It's like how Bethesdafags killed Fallout.

Venture Bros hasn't ended.

It went on Netflix.

>but with Rick and Morty it's like someone just flipped a switched.
You say that as if it had only happened once.

No Rick and Morty's switch get flipflopped by a lunatic Nosferatu who just don't give a fuck.

You can see the show being loved one day and the next one being universally hated.

>a thread was sacrificed for THIS shit OP

I don't really care for it much because "the universe sucks" as a joke wears thin really fast, but hate/love for this show is completely random and extreme.

No it didnt, the latest season was last year and the next will probably be in 2019

fuck i loved super jail. I hate that meme dog show

Sup Forums in general is so insecure that they base their opinions opposite from those of another site. In this case, it turns out that lots of Reddit users like the show

the Sup Forums hive mind is by it's nature contrarian. if something that isn't perfectly immaculate and impervious to all criticism gets too popular it's shit, no matter what.
and even if it was even then someone will manage to pry something off of it to whine.

universal standard by this point

Sup Forums grows to hate everything it loves, the only thing that slows the process is the presence of a prepubescent girl character for them to sexualize.

>it's a "Sup Forums hivemind" doesn't like something post
Christ, (You)s were the worst things added to this place. There are always going to be more lurkers than posters that don't give a shit one way or the other. The vocal ones just want attention to their posts, for one reason or another, and a good way to do that is just shit on something a lot of people like because too many people take themselves so seriously these days. It's almost like acting like a lolcow has become the standard.

Or maybe I'm just being crazy and can't see why people feel the need to jump to the defense of all these cartoons these days.

Well, I still like it and eagerly await season 3.
And season 7 of VB. S7 has a lot to make up for imo.

Is that why we see this on a regular basis? Because a small minority are being vocal? Can we say the same of Sup Forums?

You're wrong. People unironically believe what they post here way too often. Sure you have a shitposting faggot, but yes, most anons are as big of faggots as they make themselves out to be

Small? Debatable, but yeah still a minority compared to people that lurk around because the same boring faggots keep posting the same boring shit whether they believe it or not, because they know it'll get them replied to.

And let's say I'm wrong; congratulations, it's worse than we think because the same behavior that got people hounded back in the day for being obnoxious shits is considered normal now. Nobody can have a genuine like or dislike of something because we can't just ignore shit we don't like.

People watched Venture Bros?

i'm starting to think it's Roiland shitposting about his show so people will hate it when it come back

>this thread

Bethesda killed fallout because there can't write a decent story to save there lifes

Hey Justin enjoyed seeing ya on he H3 podcast. Tell Ethan and Hila I said hi and that they're fucking Jews.

>It's almost like acting like a lolcow has become the standard.
I agree it's got worse but don't kid yourself. "GUARANTEED REPLIES" was a thing long before the current meta shenanigans.

Not defending Rick and Morty, but Venture Bros needed to end 2 seasons ago.

>caring about redditfrog

It ain't coming back.

They need to actually make up their mind and decide whether they want to keep making it or not.

These half-assed seasons aren't doing anyone any favors.

oh la la, someone's going to get laid in college.

You gave me a chuckle.

I hope your slut ass didnt fuck that normie

>Rick & Marty hate
>Pipe-smoking Garfield
>Babby's first waifu
Sup Forums memes are so shit these days.

In my defense, I always hated it.

Are you drunk? Half of that was misspelled or flat out had the wrong word. Get help.
Guess it's not shocking considering the opinion though.

Why tumblr hate Rick and Morty again?

First of all, obviously VB didn't end, this is a troll thread.

Secondly, I'm a huge Venture fan, been watching from the beginning, seen every episode AT LEAST twice...and Rick and Morty is better than modern VB.

Now seasons 1-3 VB maybe a different story, but R&M kicks the shit out of seasons 4-5, though I'll say that season 6 was a step in the right direction

It became popular

>ended
m8 I know it seems like VBros was canceled, but we're all used to the 100 yr hiatus.

Venturebros fags need to buy a gun and use it once

It's not on the same level, but that isn't an insult. Rick and Morty is still good in its own right. It has a very specific voice and sense of humor which does still make it a good, original production, but it's not on the same level simply because VB has so much more going on.

I still like it, but I'm waiting for season 3 to be liberal pandering shit. I'm hopeful it will be right on the line making fun of both SJWs and extreme consertacucks.

>consertacucks
conservacucks (sp)

Despite the uncanny artstyle I genuinely think this is much more interesting and enjoyable than Rick and Morty.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=urB-lCSruoo

It will be out on summer

Nope

so basically what tends to happen is people like something and then some autistic people really hate that other people are enjoying something that they don't, they then proceed to make sure everyone knows that they don't like it even though they could just filter the threads and ignore it

venture bros didn't end

doc just likes torturing us with really long breaks between seasons

I heard Justin and Harmond hate each other since Trump won. Is Harmond gonna be fired from yet another show?

I hope they both get fired

It came out my last year in college and the amount of times I heard someone yell "Get swifty!" or that stupid fucking catchphrase of Rick's made me want to strangle myself

Rick and Morty fans are up there with anime fans when it comes to autistic displays of adoration for their favorite show. And sadly because it's "adult" they feel like everyone just agrees with them.

Why tho?

>tfw older than you
>tfw still in college

wagecuck

>same level
>hatin on supernail as well
How about you suck a fat one.

Bethesdafags didn't kill fallout. BETHESDA KILLED fallout, retard.

On you for being so fucking lame.

>superjail worse than venture bros and r&m
your opinion is trash.

You're honestly retarded if you think Bethesda did anything good with the fallout series, especially when it comes to story.

Contrarians who feel bad for liking something popular. There is absolutely nothing else to it. You will hear excuses like "well, if it's popular on reddit, that means that the show will start pandering to a specific boogeyman!" It's all just an excuse because people don't want to accept that they're gigantic hipster faggots who can't enjoy something once it becomes popular.

Yeesh why don't you get a divorce already, c'mon Silent Bob let's go before one of them makes you their next bride

I think they did.

Redditey loves it, and normies do too. S2 was mediocre so it is easy to shit on it now.

I don't give a shit whether rick and morty is watched by reddit. I just watch Rick and morty because I get bored.

Sounds way better than faggot brothers

honestly it's a fair end to the show

in irony they wish to be the special snowflakes they oh so bitch about.

I'd hate it, but it'd be a pretty-balls out move. I'd have some respect.

Oh? And why is that, user?

End of season two is honestly a very jump shark moment. It can only go forward one of two ways: Complete ass pull that removes the Galactic Federation from earth (this includes the family portal jumping to a different reality) or we just go on with aliens being neighbors which would be very disjointed and create a very difficult narrative for writers to work in. Kinda hard to care about Rick and Morty's Space riding shenanigans when his neighbor is Space Cthulhu.

>strawpoll.me/12434439

Rick and Morty is good, but becomes less good when you realize 40-60% of every episode is Justin Roiland violently masturbating himself vicariously through Rick. The sequence where Rick and Summer get juiced on steroids and beat up bad people comes to mind, or the time that Jerry and Beth argue over why Rick has an alien in his basement for an entire episode, only to show that Rick was MORE COMPLICATED AND INTREDASTING THAN YOU COULD HAVE EVER IMAAAGIIIINED. The Season 2 finale reeked of this, I laughed out loud when the inferior version of "Hurt" started playing. It was just trying so hard.

Also, the drama is sort of meh. I see why they do it and what they're going for, and it sort of works sometimes (Morty murdering Fart to save the universe was actually potent) but most of the time it comes off as shock value for its own sake (Mr. Jellybean).

nNONOOOOONONONONO

GIVE US OUR 3RD SEASON YOU FUCKING HACK

> you realize 40-60% of every episode is Justin Roiland violently masturbating himself vicariously through Rick.
being huge hypocrite with attachment issues as well as a self destructive drunk is ego masturbating? What?

>The sequence where Rick and Summer get juiced on steroids and beat up bad people comes to mind,
The after episode bit that was a parody of something else from the 70s?

>only to show that Rick was MORE COMPLICATED AND INTREDASTING THAN YOU COULD HAVE EVER IMAAAGIIIINED.
What? It was established by Rick in season 1 he had attachment issues.

> I laughed out loud when the inferior version of "Hurt"
Ah bait, I get ya, here's your (You) hope it helps you.

>create a very difficult narrative for writers to work in.
Judging by the website they're actually doing a pretty bang up job, but I'll agree they've massively changed the playing field. It'll be interesting to see where they go with it.

>Kinda hard to care about Rick and Morty's Space riding shenanigans when his neighbor is Space Cthulhu
Nah, I definitely can't agree. Rick and Morty have proven themselves to be pretty interesting to follow.

>MORE COMPLICATED AND INTREDASTING THAN YOU COULD HAVE EVER IMAAAGIIIINED
You mean the bit where all Jerry and Beth's reasoning turns out to be correct, or a different bit? If it's the former, that's clearly being played for laughs.

I think user meant that story material gets weaker when the wacky ventures and solutions are right next door. Also a big thing here is unless Rick somehow gets exonerated the aliens have to go or he is just rouge nut that can never be used in any public moment on earth

Oh, that would definitely make more sense. My bad.
Huh, then yeah, I guess I can agree with that. Keeping things further afield seems better.

>he is just rouge nut that can never be used in any public moment on earth
I wouldn't mind that. Whatever end-of-season solution they do end up using is likely to be divisive as fuck though.

>You mean the bit where all Jerry and Beth's reasoning turns out to be correct, or a different bit? If it's the former, that's clearly being played for laughs.

I disagree. I think the point of the whole sequence was to highlight the complexity of Rick's character - Jerry and Beth both took equally valid interpretations of the scene, which clues in the audience in that they should examine why these interpretations are equally valid. My problem is that the end is a cop-out; Rick turns out to be ALL of the things he was implied to be, which is stupid and needlessly complex. It would have been better to leave it open-ended, and leave the audience guessing as to Rick's true motivations. All we really learn about him is that he's extremely logical, which we already knew. You can call it a joke, but the actual humor bit was the alien (who was a baby-eating murderer) calling out Jerry and Beth for being horrible. The rest of it was wank.

>Venture bros recommended thoroughly by both reddit and Sup Forums
>Give it a shot
>six episodes in, kind of funny, overall lots of jokes fall flat and it is overall kind of mediocre

I don't know, I tried to like it.

The first six include some of the weakest episodes, especially Careers in Science. That said if you don't even like the idea of the show at this point you're probably not gonna care when the plot picks up.

Interesting. I think there are much better scenes that highlight complexity (and I still think that scene's just for japes) but that's a pretty valid way of looking at it.

>"the universe sucks"
>a joke

the comics are pretty good, they kind of make me feel that the writers were given C plots and put some polish on them.

also, Summer's hot and an independent woman in all of them.

I really like them developing Jerry and Doofus Rick's friendship.
Apparently they're gonna do a big Pocket Mortys comic and that has me pretty hype

>Morty's Brain gives Summer and Beth jiggle bazongas and dat booty.
good taste