What's the difference, Sup Forums?

Left didn't have the Jinora cop out.

The one on the left makes sense; the one on the right does not make sense.

We have had this thread before. Sage, and I wish I could report it but apparently doing so doesn't work.

Left is the true form of a god and not th avatar. Right is a out of nowhere power which iirc happened after she was disconnected from the past lives.

One was done by the avatar thanks to A) having access to hundreds of past lives and B) being a very spiritual person who happened to be very angry.

The other was a girl who ruined both of those things and was NOT the avatar at the time. But was somehow able to do avatar stuff.

I'm the first to say that Atla is overrated and LoK gets some undeserved shit, but at least the Atla blue giant energy thing had a bit of design cretivity put into it.
They're both some of the weaker moments in their respective shows.

The Avatar series is full of cop outs and deus ex machinas. TLA wasn't as well-written as you remember.

>because Sup Forums never has the same thread twice to generate more discussion
go back to /r9k/ user

From the Sup Forums FAQ:
>"sage-bombing" or announcing that you've saged a thread may result in a ban.

Maybe if you reported things that are actually against the rules it would work.

I'm actually curious what user meant by that. Sounds like he couldn't find the report button.

This.
Giant Korra was lazy. Make her a Tree giant or something. Or add anything to her design in that scene.

Left is less of a cop-out but i can fap to the right one. Would have been better with short haired Korra

If anything they wanted to keep her looking the same, though it seems like they stretched her out yet kept her the same "height" compared to how Unalaq was compared to her as human beings, to contrast how Unalaq said he wouldn't become a monster.
Probably should have made Unalaq look more grotesque and falling apart instead of humanoid. Or just not do this in the first place since the setup to get there only cheapened Korra's work and the conflict itself made Korra's journey pointless.

>One was done by the avatar thanks to A) having access to hundreds of past lives and B) being a very spiritual person who happened to be very angry.
And C) temporarily fusing with the literal spirit of the Moon.
Why does everyone, especially those who dislike the scene, seem to forget this?

Spirit of the Ocean cause Zhao killed the Moon Spirit, but yeah.

You're correct, my bad.
Thanks, user.

Still, he temporarily fused with a damn force of nature.

One is a fish.

The left is a vengeful sprirt using the Avatar as a conduit since the Avatar is the bridge between worlds. The right is blue gal powered by a...kite

No kite there, it was gone by then. It's just blue gal powered by plot.

The one on the left had a better story and more time to flesh out characters and the world the show takes place in.

The one on the right is just fetish fuel created by two George Lucas.

To be honest I thought both of them were entertaining. Book of Spirits had worse moments, like literally every episode that was animated by Studio Pierrot. Korra's major problem is the lack of focus, each book is essentially its own thing. There's continuity here and there but there's no real overarching plot that ties everything together.

That's not LOK's real problem. That's an excuse.
ATLA wasn't great because of the overarching plot.

Oh no? Having consistent character arcs wasn't good? Having a clear central villain wasn't good? Having a beginning middle and end wasn't good? I'm sure how you want to complain about how the writing simply wasn't up to snuff, but legitimately a lot of Korra's problems would have been solved if the show had a coherent arc. It still might have been inferior to ATLA, but it would have been vastly improved regardless.

LOK had coherent arcs within each season.
~13 episodes is more than enough to tell a story.

>13 episodes is more than enough to tell a story.
but not enough to make me care

On the scale that Korra was going for, it's really not. Especially when they had to essentially reinvent the wheel every single season and waste time setting up new antagonists and coming up with new roles for the characters to play in the story. ATLA didn't have to re-explain what the Fire Nation was in Earth and Fire, it could build on previously established plot points.

A really good writer like Ehasz could still do it.
ATLA was originally 13 episodes, so I'm guessing you didn't care about The Storm or The Blue Spirit then, to say nothing of the Winter Solstice two-parter?

>ATLA was originally 13 episodes
Even though each book is at least 20 episode...

>ATLA was originally 13 episodes
Irrelevant.
Korra was originally only one season and it still would have been the same shitty season one we got.
It's the end result that matters.

>113 aired June17,2005
>114 aired September23,2005
The fact that you aren't aware of ATLA's production history says a lot.

>113 aired June 17, 2005
>114 aired September 23, 2005
The fact that you aren't aware of ATLA's production history says a lot.

bump

>literally half my life has involved AtLA being around
What the fuck, I don't need these realizations.

Aang killed like 50 people, while Korra was keeping the fight away from the city.

Why are you on Sup Forums then, user?

Got proof?

I like cartoons and comics

Yeah, the episode made it pretty clear that Aang was killing off the soldiers.

Again, where's the proof user?

You get the fuck out right now.

One of them had history, lore, and a reason why the people present would be able to explain what was going on, and served to further the ideal that the Avatar was a bridge between the spiritual and the physical, something that had been waaayyyy too much "Tell don't show" up to that point, and this gave a nice idea what this meant going forwards, even if I personally feel they dropped the ball in this aspect and severely reduced the amount of spiritual stuff that followed to the show's detriment.

The other one literally just had a character suddenly know about this tree despite the massive plothole it created, the entity being shown being referred to as the "Avatar State" before but now being present even without the avatar, and a seemingly easy process to unlock one's self that nobody else did despite the fact they were being invaded and could have gone Ultraman themselves. It added nothing to the lore because it was infodumped and not set up at all, and in fact was retconned to include monks that didn't make sense in the pretext of the story shown in the flashback, and was literally just there to solve the problem. All it gave us was a very well animated fight scene.

So, like most of Korra, a pale imitation of even the weakest parts of the original show in all but the more expensive animation

I'm implying you should go back and watch the episode.

>more expensive animation
Curious, what were the ranges for both shows? Anyone know?

>implying I haven't rewatched the whole series so many times I literally couldn't keep track

There are a few scenes once Koizilla goes a-cullin' where Water soldiers bow down as Firebenders take aggressive poses and get swept away. Koizilla slices gigantic ships and pushes them all with an enormous wave that more than likely capsized some.

>this clear bias

Left didn't get taken out with a single punch, and right shouldn't have had to have jinora deliver a spirit that should have been there,

The actual korra giant scene of her inner strength empowered by spiritual energy was decent. It just shouldn't have jobbed so goddamn hard, to be saved by a pixie who shouldn't have been there or be needed.

Imagine if the fish spirit/aang fusion had been defeated by a battleship blast; that amount of anticlimax would have been fucking atrocious.

>reminder that Zuko survived all that stuff when sneaking into the NWT

Are there actually any Legend of Whorra apologists or are they just memeing?

>reminder that Zuko survived all the stuff he did when sneaking into the NWT

Fish spirit was cool, Sprite Korra was dumb.

>Sprite

Fuck off nerd you get my meaning.

I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not actually.

Yeah, but that looked cool

Oh fuck off with that noise. The second season of TLA was masterfully written, and it's got jack to do with my memory.

Left was a moment created to demonstrate the much-hinted-at, but never-yet-demonstrated power of the avatar in a way that showed that it was powerful, dangerous, and beyond control. Right was a moment to solve a plot that had escalated out of control in the most lazy way they could imagine.

It would be better compare the Right to the Lionturtle in ATLA. And I feel roughly the same about both of them except spirit bending doesn't look quite so goofy.

Is TLA worth watching? I watched Korra and liked it but thought it shouldve ended with S2 honestly. 3 was slow paced and weird, 4 was like a completely different show with same characters

im honestly not sure why I didnt just start with the original, I guess I liked the future theme of Korra

Yes.

Memes aside can someone PLEASE explain the fucking end to season 2 of Korra?

Like for Aang I get it he merged with an enraged ocean spirit and served as its vessel as it went on a raping rampage.

But what the fuck happened to Korra?

The writing wasn't stellar until the Library

If you actually liked the earlier LOK seasons you are virtually guaranteed to really like ATLA.

I think Varrick explained it as well as anyone ever could in that clip show episode

I hated that episode so much because of how many reuns it got before a new episode was released.

Even the most die hard Korra fans can't explain it beyond "she found some mystical power out of nowhere that made a normal human strong that the fucking avatar and it's never explained or addressed again"

there probably just isn't a good answer

ATLA's writing was never "stellar", if by that you mean practically perfect. It was very good though.

Book 2 has even more bizarre writing moments, if anything, due to the complexity of the plot compared to the other seasons, but that's balanced out by having more awesome scenes.

>Blind Bandit
>Zuko Alone
>The Chase
>Bitter Work
>Not Stellar

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you pretty hard on that count.

It doesn't even make sense to rerun that specific episode so much, since it was released as part 1 of a two-parter. That's Nick scheduling for you.