What does Sup Forums think of STALKER ??

What does Sup Forums think of STALKER ??
did you like it ?
did you hate it ?
why ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandering_Jew
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I liked it because it entertained me.

It's kino.

them digits

literally kino

the game was awesome. the movie was boring

probably one of the best pleb filters out there.

"Boring" is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching the film.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.

>The Eternal Jew

Jesus Christ, how did Tarkovsky get away with this? Was the Soviet Union a different time?

it was boring. deal with it.

Pretty good game.

I can't decide which I hate the most, that or pic related

most boring flick since 2001 a space odyssey

Stalker is NOT boring. I actually really dug the banter between the three men as they went through The Zone.

You know what movies bored me to tears, though?

Fucking Transformers: Age of Extinction, Wind River and the first RDJ Sherlock Holmes. Those movies were boring as fuck.

No, you're just an unsophisticated moron.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandering_Jew

Most of the general public find films by Tarkovsky "boring", probably because they are a bit slower than todays films. Are they bad films then?
Most of the general public find flicks by Marvel "fun", probably because it's non stop braindead quips and mindless CGI action. Are they good films then?

One of the worst pleb filters, actually.

Mirror > Solaris > Stalker

I really enjoy this film.

>probably because they are a bit slower than todays films
I think it's the viewers who are slower

name better ones then.

>probably because they are a bit slower than todays films

They are also "a bit slower" than films back then. I can still watch a Fellini movie. A Bergman movie. One of my favourite movies of all time is Sunset Boulevard. I have no problem with old movies but watching a Tarkovsky film, as much as I respect the work that went into them, is a bit of a chore.

How did they manage to instill that mysterious sense of fear in the Zone so well? I just realized that we never actually SEE anything weird happen when the Writer goes off the path for a minute, but it's still incredibly suspenseful before he comes back.

The dog was the best part of the film anyone who disagrees is a cat disinfo agent and probably also a hebrew

Because you're told that it's a mysterious place full of dread so you wait for shit to happen. You tense yourself up.

my favorite film
Stalker > Sacrifice > Andrei Rublev > Nostalghia > Mirror > Voyage in Time >>> Solaris > Ivan's Childhood

terrible opinion

Sacrifice is trash

pleb tier opinion

I didn't enjoy it but to call it trash boggles my mind.

Book > game > movie

I can't enjoy science fiction drivel in a book, such material is better for films or video games.

t.brainlet that can't use his imagination

I must admit that I viscerally hated Tarkovsky's "Nostalgia" and completely hated the use of Beethoven in it. I've seen it only once, but none of the Tarkovsky films that I have seen did I think are really good.

I sure can, but not for bullshit drivel.

The monologue about how being "hard" is a bad this is literally one of the best in cinema. It's on par with the Kurtz speech about "if horror is not your friend, it's an enemy to be feared" from Apocalypse Now

you really, really, really should read the book (it's short enough to read through it in a few short reading sessions). it isn't _really_ so much sci-fi as it is philosophy

the scene where the stalker cries and talks about how happy it makes him to help people as desperate as himself made me a bit misty desu.

>philosophy
That actually might make me read it if that is true. I bought it a few years ago because I really liked the game and the movie, even the amateur one that's more like the game.
But after a couple of pages it just landed in some random box.

as a Russian I'll just say that it's a piece of shit shot for 5 dollars in an abandoned industrial construction site and is only enjoyed by pretentious faggots with problem glasses

>as a Russian
as a Pole i'll just say that giving us your nationality does not make your point more valid.

yes it does since I watched the original translation I imagine the translated version is even shittier

it's still is, in Russia calling someone a jew is the same as just saying they are greedy. Nobody cares here.
But also this

What the fuck are problem glasses you dirty slavmonkey?

as a Russian I'll just say that this is one of my favorite movies and definitely the best movie to come from this country.

Dead Man's Letters is better.

>The writer didn't enter the room because he clearly says that the only reason he writes is because of his dissatisfaction with the world, and writing has a catharsis effect for him. If the room would grant the perfect inspiration for him then he would have no reason to write anymore, and thus no reason to continue living.

>The scientist wanted to destroy the room because to him the room is an unexplainable affront to nature and science and a threat to society. Imagine if everybody in the world suddenly heard of this room and they wanted their wish granted, society would crumble.

>The stalker himself never went inside the room because guiding people to the room is his purpose, if he'd get his innermost desires granted then he would stop caring or bringing people to the room, so basically he sacrifices himself so others can get a shot at getting to the room.

>Also the Stalker clearly mentions that only the most deeply unhappy people are allowed by the Zone to reach the Room. So basically you have three guys who are incredibly unhappy and nihilistic about life who reach the Room but suddenly they realise that the reasons why they are there are all wrong, they rediscover themselves and find a way to cope with their miserable lives.
In short life is suffering and instead of looking for the easy way out you gotta find a way to deal with it.

is that immortalhd