I watched a movie only 1 billion other people watched, I'm such an obscure nerd! xD

>i watched a movie only 1 billion other people watched, I'm such an obscure nerd! xD

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9szCOecVJrc
odditycentral.com/news/getting-your-legs-broken-for-a-few-extra-inches-a-growing-trend-in-the-world-of-cosmetic-surgery.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZqdS0AE6L8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A nerd is just someone who fetishizes the consumption of media. It's the religion of funkopops and ugly wal-mart shirts. It's pathetic.

>funko pops
Who are these grown adults that "collect" mass produced chinese garbage?

grip is far too high

Oh look at mr black belt jedi sword master over here acting all tough, I bet you don't even know how a jedi earns his (or her) light sword, do you? I knew you don't.

>mfw

Hormonally imbalanced and deficient women and men.

What is the jedi going to do with the saber without his thumbs though?

Exactly. They kill the old religion by telling you you're smart for not believing in it, and then they sell you the new one, the one they control.

They're the same sheep they've always been.

i'm unironically triggered by this

Just imagine, 10 years from now, hundreds of thousands of these are all going to be dumped into some african landfill and cause some kind of environmental catastrophe

I need to tell myself this is a picture of a store shelf so I can sleep at night

My only assumption is because people think they'll be valuable at some point, like beanie babies.
>Oh, I have the super duper limited edition Pickle Rick, only 10,000,000,000 ever made

I dont think it is user, I think that's someone's home

That's no home, it's a monument to consumerism

it's too autistic to be someone's home

turn the culture around.

I saw her in the NY comic Con walking in the crowd swarmed by guards as if she's the fucking president. I instantly recognized her and yelled fuck you at her.

That's someone's house. Nobody, not even the soulless, hollow shell of a consumerist man, would call that home.

a jedi can't be cut by his own light saber

who is she and what has she done?

you're doing god's work user

why is he so happy?

All her fans are stark raving mad waifu autists, so it's reasonable that she'd need protection.

She's not liked because she's talented, she's liked because she played the nerd girl angle before it was cool.

Nigger shit like that is why she has guards, you're just some autist telling her to fuck off but there are other autists that will do something physical

nope
youtube.com/watch?v=9szCOecVJrc

Fucking commie, mankind has no proven effects on the environment
Go back to commiefornia with your lying bullshit propaganda

You should watch/read American Gods

Mfw

her hand is too close to the fucking laser
yes consider me triggered

Thought that was a Kim Jong Un one at a glance

>big bang pop figures

I know a guy who collects these. He's literally a manchild NEET who watches children's cartoon all day.

that is soooooo depressing

think about it: his parents give him money to purchase dolls. that dude isnt getting laid until he disposes of all of those dolls

oh but he's monetizing it
that actually helps me a little bit.

>fetishizes the consumption of media
This is an excellent way to put it

You don't have to take somebody home to get laid

no, but he isnt going to talk a woman out of her panties with his bragging about buying my little pony dolls for $15 instead of $18

Prostitutes don't count user

>happy
Is that different timeline?

'Nerd' used to be an insult for people with interests that would be considered weird or boring by the masses, often intellectual interests or at least over-analyzing science fiction and/or other weird/speculative fiction across different media. Often these interests were associated with social awkwardness, relative isolation, and being bullied. In English the word 'geek' was sometimes associated with people having weird interests but lacking in intellect.

Some people started to adopt the word Nerd (and geek) themselves as a way of taking away its power as an insult.

Combined with the emergence of the weirdly uniform hyper-individualistic hipster anti-subculture and the growing popularity of fantasy and science fiction (arguably for other reasons than the initial fans) from 2000 onwards (especially 2007) and the rise of social media, this led to the current paradoxical situation wherein wanting to be 'weird' is normal and where being an outcast or 'victim' gives one power in certain spheres of society.

So in short, many modern 'nerds' embrace the superficial aesthetics and might like 'nerdy' movies like The Avengers, but they do so in the way mainstream audiences enjoyed Speed and Titanic in the nineties: for the action, romance and melodrama. Nothing wrong with that, but that's not what 'real nerds' are interested in, for better or worse.

it's that a mara jade cosplay?

>I criticize things other people like because these things are popular, but I'll probably also make fun of hipsters in my next breath.

Why is this allowed?

or you only hear about shitty things if they're popular, which only adds to how annoying it is.
For example, I never heard of RLM until they got hundreds of thousands of subs.

>mankind has no proven effects on the environment

top kek

What you are describing only exists in your mind. Get help. Try the following things:

1. Seek sunlight.
2. Have sex.
3. Gain height.
4. Hit the weights.
5. Take a shower.
6. Get a clue.

You are either a shill creating false evidence for the Narrative or an actual sperglord who is autistic enough to provide the kernel of truth to that same narrative.

that was very eloquent user

these people are so empty on the inside that they need this kind of thing to get attention.

You're talking about OP, right? Because that's how I feel about OP.

how do you do #3
asking for a friend

eat lots and lots of giraffe meat

kek

odditycentral.com/news/getting-your-legs-broken-for-a-few-extra-inches-a-growing-trend-in-the-world-of-cosmetic-surgery.html

is this something you can do yourself at home? I have a saw that can saw through metal

apparently it fucks your nerves up

Here's a quick rundown:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZqdS0AE6L8Y

Shut up you fucking nerd

the jokes on you I don't actually go outside

I remember when this stuff used to unironically triggered me

From a scholastic point of view, movies should be free for cultures sake. Pay for all the tickets of pre-secondary Art programs.

Sure! Make sure to take an aspirin so you don't feel any pain and just saw away.

Thanks for the nostalgia user.

Correct. One could apply the "Subversion of a Hobby" image to the term/culture of being a nerd aswell.

>Who are these grown adults that "collect" mass produced chinese garbage?
Hey. I collect highly detailed minuature giant robot figures. Don't lump me in with those faggots.

In that case, see #1.

Do not post anymore.

Can't wait until being a neet becomes the new nerd/geek

>man made climate change
nigger

only retards deny cc, it's on par with thinking the earth is flat

>Nothing wrong with that, but that's not what 'real nerds' are interested in, for better or worse.

No, it's exactly the same. A grown man with encyclopedic knowledge of Star Trek in the 1970s was no better than someone today who watches every single Marvel movie and can point to all the character intersections and plot foreshadowing.

The only difference is studio executives found a way to make those merchandising franchises acceptable in the cultural mainstream, rather than a way to kill a couple hours on the weekend.

If I could take a hot wire and burn out the parts of my brain that store information about the Highlander movies, I'd do it in a second.

I like how that comic is clearly from 10 years ago

And this one is from 16 years ago

didn't she use to have that wow series? the guild or something

Can you imagine a bunch of little african children throwing them at each other as they do battle?

This was once one of the most-watched videos on YouTube

youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

>movie about how hedonism, mass media consumption, and corporations rob people of meaningful relationships and lives while also producing unmanageable amounts of garbage that ruin the landscape
>gets a funko pop line
lol

>A grown man with encyclopedic knowledge of Star Trek in the 1970s was no better than someone today who watches every single Marvel movie and can point to all the character intersections and plot foreshadowing.

I said:

>often intellectual interests or at least over-analyzing science fiction and/or other weird/speculative fiction across different media

What you are describing is exactly what I pointed to in the second part of the above sentence: over-analyzing. (Arguably it's more geeky than nerdy to go reference hunting, but that's another discussion.) I doubt many normies truly care about knowing all the connections between the MCU movies and series, such as pictures of the battle of NY on a wall in Daredevil, or references to the source material. There are normies who can enjoy some Star Trek without caring about continuity issues such as the difference between Klingons in TOS and Star Trek TMP and TNG.

I also said 'for better or worse', because arguably it's unhealthy, or at least a waste of time, that I have watched some MCU and DC movies that I consider mediocre or even shit multiple times in order to catch shared continuity. I just have a weird interest in shared universes, crossovers and genre blending, so I do it anyway. I also hatewatch STD and take notes, but I don't advertise that on Facebook, because genuinely nerdy things will still raise eyebrows. And maybe they should.

What a shit comic. Autists bullied in school being upset people who weren't also play games is really irrelevant when talking about the infatilisation of pop culture.

Old Final Fantasy, D&D, CRPG:s, Star Wars, Star Trek, all those things are trash for kids. The problem isn't that the wrong people like them, the problem is that adults like them when they're meant for children.

i don't deny CC but I don't see why it is a problem. let the niggers drown. i just hope we have a right wing government that wont let them in by then.

>complaining about mass media consumption in a hollywood movie

K

this needs a lootbox update

Where did the Felicia Day posters go? Did she stop paying them?

No, she basically killed all the neckbeards and legbeards in one fell swoop with this

lol fuck this. "nerd" used to mean someone who studied math/engineering and got straight As/excel in the field. Bill Gates is the quintessential nerd. it legit had nothing to do with watching TV or any type of media consumption until women started appropriating it.

It's the combination of geek and nerd.

shut up wesley

>It's bait but i'll bite
You save Bastila from a space biker gang by winning a swoop race through sabotagr then steal a spaceship from a space-heroin distributor and escape Taris just as Darth Baldcunt von Metal-Jaw shoahs the entire planet with trillions of barrel bombs (ya malaaaaak).

You then proceed to land on Korriban and are asked a series of questions by the Jedi Master's council (one of them being the same midget fish frog as Yoda, but stranegly that one doesn't talk like a retard), the answers establishing what colour of lightsabre you want, you click 3 buttons on a computer terminal and your sabre is complete (If it's orange then you're a cunt).

>Unless you're Kyle Katarn... a lizard kicked fuck out of him and kidnapped his fiancee, after which he flew to the jungle, talked to Mark Hammill, run down a corridor and find your abandoned lightsabre on top of a pillar in a courtyard, behind some aluminium bars.

Hence why I differentiated between intellectual interests and weird interests. For normies/plebs this is a distinction without a difference. They see no distinction between a bunch of autists writing ten thousand word essays about the Force and someone who solves complex mathematical problems as a fun hobby while doing a PhD in quantum physics, except when the latter get famous/rich.

It's not the mere consumption of media that makes one a Nerd, but the level of engagement and seriousness that comes with it. Liking LotR doesn't make one a nerd. Liking it and having read the books and the Silmarillion and trying to learn elvish and looking for the continuity errors between the Silmarillion and LotR makes one a nerd.

Note that I don't mean the latter as a badge of honor, as some self-identified nerds like to do. That's annoying elitism which can be seen in many subcultures.

>I doubt many normies truly care about knowing all the connections between the MCU movies and series
You're making the mistake of thinking this has any value whatsoever, hence why normies don't bother with that shit.

>entire production staff is Hungarian
>Hollywood

>You're making the mistake of thinking this has any value whatsoever, hence why normies don't bother with that shit.

Did you even read my post? I explicitly mention how it very well be a waste of time. But I enjoy doing it non the less. Watching sports on TV, or following soap opera's is also a waste of time, but people do it anyway to enjoy themselves.

I don't try to present myself as special by implicitly calling myself a 'real nerd' in my posts because I don't think it makes me better or worse. I just know who I am. The whole 'lol I'm a nerd' hipster SJW trend doesn't annoy me because of 'now it's popular so now it sucks' but because so many of them aren't really interested in that shit besides superficial aesthetics, and you notice this in conversation and/or how the media content changes into something else (see Marvel comics).

inb4 the return of the 'nerd doesn't mean consuming popculture' guy: I have studied Biology and read dry as fuch philosophy of science for fun

virgin is the new nerd/geek

hunagrians are just kike slaves for money
our countrys financial situation is so fucking bad that wed gladly take kiek dick up the ass for an extra dime or two

>muh man made climate change

Are you retarded, nigger? You need to literally live in the motherfucking basement, to not know about environmental damage. And I'm not talking about climate change, you negroid.

Analgin is better.

Wanna be obscure and outside the mainstream? Become a white nationalist full blown