Besides "Goodbye Lenin" are there any good German movies made since 1990?

Besides "Goodbye Lenin" are there any good German movies made since 1990?

The country's fucking huge and German filmmakers dominated the 1920s and 30s. Why is there no more German talent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E9Zm0jeYqT0
youtube.com/watch?v=HB-dFvPJ5mU
cnbc.com/id/100629759
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stalingrad

Downfall is perhaps the best Ww2 movie ever made.

The life of others

>no prussia
>no silesia
>no alsace-lorraine

this map triggers me

Die Architechen is pretty gud but it was made in 1989

There was just an awesome show airing called Babylon Berlin

Toni Erdmann was pretty good desu

The english spelling of Nürnberg never fails to trigger me ffs

pic related was fun imo

Don't start wars you can't win next time

>waaah i choose to live in fantasy-land because the BADASS GROBGERMANIA WEHRMACHT ARYANS had no understanding of logistics and grand strategy and got BTFO by communists and anglos

this

first half is amazing
second half is cliche

also I don't know how much Haneke counts but White Ribbon is at least in german

Run Lola Run

Wetlands

youtube.com/watch?v=E9Zm0jeYqT0

Stalingrad (1993) is the most important movie you should see

normie

>germany still a country
Now that's triggering

Run Lola Run is the only good German movie

Oh, Boy! was a fun little movie. Not a masterpiece but a perfectly capable kino.

Is this actually good? I'm a huge fan of Weimar history and film so I gotta check it out. But I'm also not a Nazi, so I'm sure the ending will bum me out.

It got rarely any Nazi allusions, you'll enjoy it

>the life of others
Amazing taste friend, hope you have a wonderful week

Weimar Germany had a talented Avante Garde movement and made good films. The Nazis snuffed that out. Nowadays I don't know what their problem is, but they still make very few good films than one would expect given their population and wealth.

I hope you're being sarcastic

The life of others

I'm completely serious

Kill yourself

The Nazis basically killed their whole cinematic tradition, because most good filmmakers were left-wing or Jewish. Those that did not flee to Britain or America were mostly killed.

There was a revival of highbrow German movies in the 70s, early 80s with dudes like Wim Wenders, Fassbinder, and Herzog but by the time they hit 40 they were all dead or had forgotten how to make good movies.

All good art died after Wagner.

t. an actual retard

Prove me wrong.

>Weimar Germany had a talented Avante Garde movement and made good films.
Too bad Weimar Germany had little else. There's also the precedent that Sup Forums leads to Sup Forums.

I've been shilling this movie in Germany related Sup Forums threads ever since it came out but I suspect no one has actually seen it, which is a shame. I doubt it's even on private teackers so people would have to actually buy it, of course...

>Balakirev
>Rimsky-Korsakov
>Stravinsky
>Shostakovich

Those four dudes, all of them composers and all of them from the same country, are enough to show how wrong you are. Their collective output completely dwarfs Wagner's in accomplishment and influence, and many scholars of music would rank either Shostakovich or Stravinsky above Wagner.

Wagner was good, but you only enjoy his music because there's lots of badass horn blares and because the Nazis told you to. What makes him unique is that his music was radically progressive, finding new ways to blend tones and evoke emotion. Shostakovich, who you hate because he was a Slav and a communist, spent his career building off of Shostakovich's tonal and melodic innovations. He took the steps laid out by Wagner to further develop the symphonic tradition, using barely-dissonant chords and dramatic changes in tempo and volume to create that same awe and mystery that made Wagner a household name. Check him out.

The director of that movie came to my college recently. Friendly guy, says his son did the films music for him.

Fucked-up societies often produce some really great art. Why do you think all the best Russian writers were active during times of great anxiety and crisis?

>Shostakovich spent his career building off of Shostakovich's tonal and melodic innovations

Fuck you

>He took the steps laid out by Wagner to further develop the symphonic tradition, using barely-dissonant chords
>He took Wagner's stuff and added little bits of shit for flavor
>The amount of shit increased with time
Is anybody surprised people would rather listen to Taylor Swift than Philip Glass these days? Congrats on killing musical pieces that are longer than 6 minutes.

meant to say Wagner's innovations

my bad

In late Weimar Republic the standards of living were high. By 1928 Germany was once again one of the richest countries in Europe.

>talented
>Avante Garde

Das Leben der Anderen
Das Experiment
Die Welle

Die Welle was pretty fine.

"Weimar Germany was bankrupt and falling apart" is literally Nazi propaganda, meant to facilitate the narrative that the NSDAP built Weimar chaos into a stable and sustainable economy.

In reality, Germany was not suffering the effects of the Great Depression any worse than Britain or the USA. Most of their economic recovery plans, like constructing the Autobahn, had already been written by the Weimar government. The only big change was that they took out huge loans from international banks and invested this into the military. Nazis put lots of people to work before 1939, but largely in industries whose whole purpose was to facilitate their disastrous attempt to subjugate their western rivals and conquer Eastern Europe.

What about hyperinflation?

look no further for the absolüt pinnacle of teutonomatic KINOgrafie

youtube.com/watch?v=HB-dFvPJ5mU

70 years of self hate brainwashing destroyed them as a people

Germany is the most successful European country today.

What about tomorrow?

They are getting old fast and they quietly started to promote Germany as a country of immigrants, rather than German.

but germans are fucking miserable

The Lives of Others is fucking horrible.

Fertility rate in Germany is better than alot of other European countries
No we are not

Yes, you are.

yes we are mach dir doch nix vor

Their savage DNA tels them to battle. They need a war to pick up their spirits.

Germany has also higher immigration. Frankfurt is already a city with German minority and you have Turks marching proudly with Turkish flags in Köln.
Also, look up the news about state of affairs in Berlin police academy with Arabs and Turks.

People also tend to forget just how young German nation is. If AfD continues to grow in Bavaria, just you watch as CSU will started to accent all the problems come from Berlin and Munich should emancipate in order to maintain power.

There are big changes in Europe.

>germans are going extinct slightly slower than other europeans

what a bright future

You are doing good work. Never understood why this movie didn't really got any recognition.

>In reality, Germany was not suffering the effects of the Great Depression any worse than Britain or the USA.
Except they had to pay billions in reparations to the Entente and that the previous hyper inflation destroyed most wealth previously held by the population. It wasn't exactly Weimar's fault but barely anybody really wanted that system in the first place.

>Least wealthy population of the western and central European countries
>Even Greeks have more private wealth
Seems to be working out really great for the Germans.
cnbc.com/id/100629759

Hi Sup Forums

Germany has the biggest net export in the world.
>cnbc
Lol

It's the first result for a site reporting on the ECB study. Unless the ECB isn't good enough for you either.

Hitler had no interest in war with western powers, who he considered as white as germany. The western war was all britain(s jewish influence).

Private wealth is a meme. Our disposable median income is pretty high

Ballermann 6
Voll Normaaal

Kek

So?

And many see nothing of the growth.

Anything by Werner Herzog.

You again, posting the same shit after you got BTFO in that Weimar thread a few days ago.
>the standards of living were high
For who though? Why are you always ignoring that people lost their life savings and their pensions were worthless.
If you try and bring up GDP again, or ignore that the first 2/3rds of the Weimar Republic was shitty for most people who didn't have access to (((International Capital))), Boooooiiiii.

the film about the baader-meinhof group was good!

>Except they had to pay billions in reparations to the Entente
Except, they didn't even pay much of they owed.

your a dorable

revanche

>people believe this
wew lad

THIS

fucking nazis german cucks loving muslims

>doesn't call it Preußen
>doesn't call it Schleisen
>doesn't call it Elsass-Lothringen
Serves you right that you get triggered, faggot

While we're here anyone would know where THE FUCK CAN I FIND SUBTITLES FOR PIC RELATED EVEN GERMAN ONES IDC

Hahnreischuppen.de.vu

i don't get it

Not enough government gibs for cinema. Other EU countries fund cinematic productions directly

>Philip Glass
SCALES SCALES SCALES SCALES SCALES SCALES SCALES SCALES SCALES

Baader Meinhof complex was okay