Prequel production pics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9irH7ruetdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>muh cgi

based ray park

They always make me so fucking sad. The work and care put into them. The sheer amount of it, i mean remember the hole in the ground hive base on Utapau where greviance was in rots? Giant beautifully sculpted diorama. Why did they end up looking like old play station game? How did they manage to do that.

>GWL dab

> the prequels were bad because of see-

shitting analog print, peoples shitty tv's post 2005
watch it on a decent computer monitor if you have access to one, it looks a whole lot different.

>It's the 5th prequel propaganda thread of the day
What's Disney's angle?

prime natalie AHHHHHH

Fact is that all of that ends up looking like it's a playstation 2 videogame because of the poor lighting and the terrible camera setup. The work doesn't matter at all if the end result is dogshit.

Episodes 2 and 3 were shot on digital dummy. That's why they look like garbage. TPM is the only prequel that actually looks like Star Wars.

And only at 1080p as well, proof Lucas is a fucking moron

>all those miniatures wasted by making everything look like a ps2 cutscene

>where's Iger, I don't see him
>aim a little to your left george
>AH. *bang*

That pillow does not look comfortable

they were printed to analog so they could be shown in theaters. Keep in mind most people didn't have digital projection near them until ROTS.

>"now hug the air with care Ewan, I'll put in Dexter in post"

actually he did the scene with the actor that did the voice and general manerisms

Someone post the behind the scenes webm of Ewan literally hugging air in this scene please

well i've seen it on the bluray but I don't think I have the bonus stuff ripped.
Like I said, he worked with the actor.
Also pic related is I believe the largest set built for AOTC, nearly the entire hangar

wow a gag reel!

the fucking looks on their faces lmao

the nightclub set looks bigger doesn't it?
the cg character was way wider than the actor so it makes some sense

l-lewd

is that the episode 2 rinzler book?

Don't know, it's in my Padme folder

>padme folder
you're alright user, don't come to the episode 8 premier

All these sets and miniatures and the movie still looked ugly and plain. Just goes to show Lucas went in the wrong direction in general.

>entire cgi planet
ahhhhHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHHHAH

get a better tv user
or are you breaking rule 2

when's the fucking re-release AHHHHHHH DISNEY YOU FUCKKKSSSS

do you think the clones raped aayla secura's dead body

maybe after the first nu-trilogy is over

Yes user, this totally looks great and not like a playstation 2 cut scene at all.

i guess they bred the sex drive out of them, otherwise those clones would have gone at eachother eventually...

>muh ps2 cutscene

Yes, that looks extremely bad user. The compositing of the real filmed footage with the CGI is atrocious, the mismatch of textures and lighting, the lighting on the creature, zero motion blur on the person riding it etc.

Here's another extremely dated laughable ps2 like cutscene

sorry but that's not the original coloration so you're pretty much a liar.

>autism speaks

you fucks read the subject

still looks rather awful.

but they fixed it in ROTS.

oh sorry here's the epic totally great preproduction

>why didn't tey use REEEL lighsabres

Fun fact: TPM is objectively the best prequel.

Revenge of the Sith is massively overrated but still marginally better than Attack of the Clones. Marginally.

>ps3 game

I kind of wonder what happened to make them replace the carpet.

No one ever said or implied that you absolute brainlet. The choreography and the blocking of the actors is non existant and extremely ridiculous, it looks like a bunch of extras pulled up from the street and started swinging sticks.

Thanks user. I thought I was taking crazy pills. This is the fucking truth. TPM was a goofy romp with some fun action. ROTS ruined every moment fans actually wanted to see by making them all crap.

a lot of them are ILM employees

There's nothing in TPM that reaches the same level of some of Sheev's and Obi-wan's scenes in RotS though. Some of them were quite engaging, despite Anakin's badly done descent into the dark side.

is this... contrarian inception?

Name two.

i thought he was great at that.

When Sheev's explaining to Anakin the power to bring back the dead, and most every other scene with Sheev after that. Obi-wan is very good in the final scene/fight with Anakin.

I more so meant the story/writing and dialogue regarding those parts weren't great. Christensen wasn't that bad. But Ewan was obviously better.

no that's bullshit. if anything the film-out and the print-making process actually dignified the look of Clones and Sith. they look even worse today than they did in the theater or on a CRT.

Lucas told production that they were going to shoot Clones on a shitty DV camera a few weeks before the start of principal photography and people were PISSED. the blue channel on it was so bad that they couldn't use it to chroma key properly and had to switch to green screen. it was fucking 1440x1080.

It's like Superman Returns. They manage to ruin it in post.

Despite it becoming a meme, I'll concede that the opera scene was probably one of the better moments. Sheev's barrel roll and finger-tenting EEEEEVVVVVILLLLL-ness immediately after being confronted detracted from everything Sheev-related, and the ridiculousness, tediousness, and unoriginality of the final fight detracted from Obiwan's moments.

Even considering those moments good doesn't make up for all the other garbage. It spits in the fan's faces like Spectre did to Bond fans.

Returns looks good IMO. along with Apocalypto it's probably the best looking movie shot on that camera.

If you compare shots from the reader with the actual film, they really fucked up the colour-timing, leaving Returns a brown mess.

Fuck autocorrect, I meant teaser.

>use real props and miniatures
>still make them look CGI anyway because it was shot on digital in its infancy instead of film

I can't wait for the special edition of the prequels when Disney reshoots all the of effects with practical. Then a decade later they can just reshoot the whole thing shot for shot, Van Sant Psycho style, but with stand ins and then digitally paint the original actors' faces on top.

>"everything was CGI!"
>gets BTFO
>"w-well, compositing... digital film... uhh, l-lighting, yeah, and uhh... th-they still look bad because I say so!"

Everytime, RLMfags kek

tfw you have to sage your own thread because it gets raided by retards
youtube.com/watch?v=9irH7ruetdo

I'm sorry user this could have been an interesting thread

probably because it's cgi

tpm was the last film he tried on. Too bad it came out like shit and he was committed to finishing the prequels.

Show me some pics of the actors in their clone trooper costumes.

Huh? When does Ki-Adi-Mundi run into the Neimoidians?

Perfection.

pic related
deleted scene

that looks like a wip picture tbqh

good on them for actually building something, but how many times did they repaint that bitch?

:)

fuckin this

they built two of them, so I would assume each one was repainted once.

That tummy is pure sex

I'm sure there is a novel about that, and a whole wiki article.

is even better

>start thread for production pictures of a film series
>ends up being natalie portman general
i suppose that at least you guys have good taste...