Why do non-fans detest it so much? What’s so awful about it?

Why do non-fans detest it so much? What’s so awful about it?

it's just a meme show for tumblr whales to squee over

So your saying people who don't like it don't like it? Huh, that's strange.

Numale power fantasy literally checking the whole universe’s privilege

Its an early rick and morty as a TV show
Durr hurr if you watch DR Who then you geeky xD and smart xD

What about the hundreds of episodes produced before Tumblr was a thing?

It's a fun show. If you watched it when it aired, you loved it.
If you watch it now, you'll hate it because Sup Forums told you to.

Except Hartnell who played a based Doctor who hates Arabs.

It was born in the Star Trek era of hippy sci-fi shows, the original privilege checkers

It was born in 1963. More analogous

Some episodes are too problematic for a common plebeian to endure.
I mean there are entire filler arcs about doctor seeking certain fixed points in time just so he could observe people being unloaded onto that ramp.

More analogous to 1950's serials.

It's more that people who've literally never watched it seem to HATE it. That being said it's been bad for years at least, if not forever.

Bill is a fucking terrible character and the reason I stopped watching.
They don't even hide they're using her as their soapbox.

Most of the fan base is annoying, people just lash out because of them (like Rick and Morty).

>C-cletus!

The fan base really isn't as hardcore anymore though. Compared to the Tennant/Smith era, it's pretty non-existent now.

It's typical basic bitch HURR I LOVE BRITAIN (and by that I mean London) SO MUCH shit.

i tolerated her because she is so much better than clara who literally ruined two entire seasons

Ask /who/

This
I'm a brit and I despise how they turned and emblematic Doctor Who, view of England only for some cunts to associate it with SJW-tier writing, thus making the whole of England look like a bunch of pussies.

>being unloaded onto that ramp
What?

>What’s so awful about it?
The fanbase. Holy shit the fanbase. Now let me say that not all fans are bad, but the ones I know IRL are fucking cancerous. It's one of the reasons I don't say I'm a fan of the show. I'll buy the DVDs sure, but I don't have any action figures or carry around a Sonic Screwdriver replica everywhere or wear a fez all the time. I feel like it's the tumblr fans who give the real fans a bad name. tumblr only likes it for the cute guys in the lead role (see Sherlock and Supernatural), when Peter Capaldi came in, all the fake geek girls left since he wasn't eye candy to them like Matt Smith or David Tennant. Now that a woman is the new Doctor, expect the fake-fans and tumblrinas to be more cancerous than ever.

Similar to Sherlock - unbearably smug, middle class “dude so quirky”

im not a fan but i dont hate it. i can see how it would annoy people with its 2smart4u bullshit

Hard mode, Sup Forums: Justify your view without mentioning the post-2007 fanbase

Yeah kinda depends on the episode/era of the show you're watching, the shows changes alot with each era. He even stopped using the TARDIS for several seasons.

Are you talking about the holocaust arc?

shit shit shit
everything about it

I always love seeing the difference between Sup Forums's opinion about Doctor Who and /who/'s opinion about Doctor Who. They're like their own little cult. Pretty interesting insight into how to destroy the site from inside out is to form isolated communities the rest of the board ignores and then bleed out into the rest of the site

It's had the same showrunner as Sherlock since 2010 so that isn't a surprise. /who/ is a fucking shithole though.