Full Metal Jacket is actually pretty underrated

Full Metal Jacket is actually pretty underrated.

It's a highly regarded film, Donald Duck.

>underrated
This movie has been critically acclaimed and is well known about.

the very definition of a cult classic

overrated imo, the first half was great but the last half just feels like a different movie slapped onto the first half. Idk the transition just wasn't very good and the stuff from 'nam just feels like apocalypse now or platoon just not as good.

hint: this is the dime-a-dozen pleb opinion, use it to identify brainlets.

I unironically like the second half better

Underrated by who?

You're highly regarded, in the way that teens who self-censor themselves say "retarded."

[by who?]

You mean diamond-dozen you imbecile

The second half is genius, it depicts what war is probably actually like - a lot of boring interludes between sporadic fights with pretty much not discernible connection to each other.

Underrated? It's one of the best kinos of all times and everybody knows it. How is it underrated?

nothing about this movie is underrated you fucking tard

>the transition just wasn't very good
just like being rushed out of cadet academy into a pointless military conflict?

What was boring about the movie?

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

This. Once the bathroom jokes from Hartman grow stale, the second half feels more rewarding and the humor is darker and more absurd aka better.

True. People really overrate the first half. It's great, but the movie only truly works as a whole. If either half were too long it would just drag on, but as it is, it's just right.

Kek

i fucking hate this excuse
>no guys, the movie is SUPPOSED to be boring
fuck off

Yeah, it's a terrible excuse, good thing it doesn't apply to Full Metal Jacket, which is fascinating for the entirety of its 2 hours runtime.

Second half is like a couple of kids at laser quest.