Who are some canonically powerful characters incapable of winning a fight?

Wins or loses based on how much the writers wanted him to be comic relief in that particular episode.

Wolverine

I'm not sure this dude counts, he was giving it a bloody good try and fighting well. He didn't just take a dive.

Why would you post Surfer and not Galactus himself, god king of jobbing?

SS is worse

has won fights only they were utterly insignificant
has won fights against almost everyone he's ever fought who isn't Jack
Silver Surfer's won tons of fights.
He's won important fights even
hurr de durr

Here's the real answer.

No he is not, SS has won tons of fights, and when he is not earth he doesn't tend to job that much.
On the other hand Galactus regularly gets his ass kicked by every new cosmic threat, or heros trying to stop him from devouring a planet.

You all know it's true. She's ridiculously OP compared to the other Titans and pretty much all of their shit tier villains yet gets her ass kicked constantly.

What would actually happen if the Panther tried this.

Tenzin's moral code is what prevented him from killing Zaheer (ok, it had a chance that a falling zaheer could have been saved from certain death by the other two, but they were...busy).

Another thing that kept Avatar people team for actually winning fights was this thing of fighting to stop crime vs people who literally shoot to kill (ex. Azula, no one tried to actually kill her while she always went full murder mode on everyone).

the only villain she's allowed to throw down with is Trigon so of course she's going to look like a jobber

The White Carnival seems to be shaping up to be pretty good though as a Raven-centric story so maybe she'll actually get to be a character again.

>The White Carnival seems to be shaping up to be pretty good though as a Raven-centric story so maybe she'll actually get to be a character again.
Except that story is over and now she's TT background material.

Does Iceman count if he never really fights anymore except in the background on an ice slide?

Yamcha won against Champa. He's the strongest being in universe 7

Can Vibranium threads even be manipulated by the power cosmic?

Also the robe comes with built in cloaking tech

I loved the writer's attempt to weasel out of that stupidity after the fact, that he wanted to retcon the encounter into Surfer only feigning in order to draw out information from Panther.

Well, for one, he could have simply *asked* instead of going into combat then faking defeat, that is such obvious silliness.

Two, the writer apparently didn't bother to tell his secret plan to the artist or letterer who clearly show Surfer grimacing in pain or at least difficulty in extracting himself from the situation, and the strained speech of "un... hand me".

This was just a ignorant writer who truly thought a properly-placed armlock from a mundane human would be able to incapacitate a being possessing Class 100 strength, then getting all butthurt and defensive when rightly told how goofy that was. Ignorance is fine but behaving like a child when the ignorance is called out is laughable.

When your comicbook primary motivation would upset the status quo, then yeah you're going to find you always lose.

Magneto is a good example of the opposite. His motivation was to start a race war between mutants and humans, and every time he picked a fight with the X-Men he was actually winning the war even if he lost the battle. Mags and the X-team would cause all sorts of collateral damage, humans would freak out and become a little more fearful of mutants, Mag's vision comes one step closer to reality. Loved that about classic Mags, there was no good way to deal with him without advancing his own cause.

Did J'onn have any purpose other than to show up and get knocked out? I'm pretty sure 90% of his mind reading attempts got blocked too.

>I loved the writer's attempt to weasel out of that stupidity after the fact, that he wanted to retcon the encounter into Surfer only feigning in order to draw out information from Panther.
Didn't Surfer reveal this on literally the next page though.

The true king of jobbing.

Just downgrade his fucking powers and he won't be such a fucking bitch.

Gods. All of them.

Gorr pls

You don't seem to understand what the power cosmic is, or Surfer's cosmic awareness.

He could basically turn panther into a cloud of gas at a whim, or just phase through him.

>Hold on, I'll read the villain's mind and...
>AAAAAAAAARRRRGH!
>J'onn!

>I'm going to phase in secretly and...
>AAAAAAAAARRRRGH!

Him leaving the League was a net gain.

Yeah, J'onn was only ever successful when he transformed into that Eastern Dragon thing.

And he also tortured that Nazi that tried to torture him.

Not really. Silver Surfer just says that it want to hear the rest.

I mean, there is an implication

The only fight I remember him getting the respect he deserved was against the Suicide Squad where he only lost because he had to save Atom Smasher

He could travel backwards in time and give Panther's oldest ancestor a single chromosomal difference that causes T'Challa specifically and nobody else in that bloodline to be born with 3 fingers on his left hand, Power Cosmic is not to be fucked around with.

He controlled all of reality. The reason he 'lost' was because he found being a god was beneath him.

I know it's not Sup Forums but he was the first thing to come to mind at the question.

Is there some sort of Sup Forums equivalent?

see this is just so sad. yamcha is at the very least the second strongest human, but hes in a series with goku.
at least he has baseball.

>second strongest
>when Kuririn and Tenshinhan both exist

But he's canonically powerless

Remember that time Grant Morrison wrote him as actually competent and awesome in JLA: Earth 2? He even got to take down Ultraman.

Her and Gemerl, forever jobbers

Wait what? Was Champa holding back or something?

I remember a comic where Surfer smashed through like a dozen solid vibranium walls just with his strength, no power cosmic needed.