What can we expect from a silmarillion tv series/movie trilogy?

what can we expect from a silmarillion tv series/movie trilogy?

An exciting and diverse cast of current year favorites like Idris Elba and some generic white pretty boy.

Nothing, because it's never fucking happening

d i v e r s i t y
also, le strong female characters

it's basically next on the list of tolkien things

Regret

Watered down characters
Shitload of unnecessary CGI
Oversaturation
Focus on battles and landscapes

Garbage, garbage and more garbage.

diversity, strong female characters and C list actors

I just want to say good fucking luck at any writer trying to adapt it. If you thought LOTR was hard to adapt, then you have seen nothing yet.

AYO HOL UP. WHERE MY BOY FRODO AT

YO FRODO

We can expect an announcement as soon as Christopher Tolkien kicks the bucket

if hackson is involved I'd unnecessarily bloated storylines and spastic PS3 quality CGI

*smokes weed*

i think it will be good for the new zealand tourism industry

I don't want to experience the massacre of my favorite series lads.

Shots of Galadriel's bare feet, of course.

YO WASSAP MY OLD NIGGA

EMPOWERING

>unnecessary CGI
Any attempt to adapt it would need Avatar levels of CGI

>"Southrons" corrupted race of Orcs
what did he mean by that

>and it's MARVELOUS
Why do people tweet/write headlines like this?

nothing, because it will never happen. the new series will undoubtedly take place in the third age

You will see "diversity" - black gondorians, rohirrim, elves, dwarves, hobbits. And of course women.

It's a shame, because with a little craftiness and care, Tolkien's legendarium lends itself remarkably well to real diversity. But no, that's too much work for an Amazon series, just shoehorn in a bunch of black men, white women, and gays, or any combination of.

so what's the non lazy approach?

Fleshing out ideas that Tolkien left scarce but within the framework of his mythos. What were the Corsairs/Easterlings/Haradrim like? What about peoples even further to the East than them, where supposedly Sauron had already established a firm grip? What were the details and intrigues about Aragorn's many travels with the Rohirrim as a young man?

Instead, I see them just fucking around with shit that's been clearly established. Like, since Ian McKellen is gay, let's just make Gandalf Cirdan's lover, and Saruman turned evil out of jealously. Since it's a prequel, let's have the Boromir's grandma be Stewardess, and she totally fucked Galadriel. Let's have Gondor and Rohan be at war with each other. Or make Isildur and Helm Hammerhand a Nazgul, or make Shelob into a literal witch who's actually a good guy, or let's just fucking make a brand new ring of power to challenge Sauron?

why would they mess with any of the things established in lotr because, as a prequel, no matter what they try to do, they must still exist in lotr? Unless it's some parallel universe?

I'm just going by how other IP's have been adapted recently, and especially what happened with WB and the Shadow of War games.

they are unknowingly mimicking the buzzfeed headlines they read. you know the ones where they tell you what to think?
>Scientists figured out what people of the future will look like, and it's BEAUTIFUL
>*shows picture of hideous mutt*
They are brainwashed.

yeah, coming right after the hit show Genesis: Dawn of Moses from syfy

who has the rights to moses?

They could follow the blue wizards East and see what they got up to.

>Hol up frodo. Ya see dose niggas in black shit, dose nigas wuz my bruddas back in da hood, dey wuz KANGZ n shiet. But sauron the cracka gave dem da RANGZ of POWAH and enslaved dem dog! he muddafugga ENSLAVED dem!

As epic as the LOTR universe might appear at first glance, it's quite limited to the killing orcs formula. I don't see how this will be interesting enough for a multi-season commitment.

silmarillion is a lot more interesting than lotr

I want to throw up that Tolkien's work is being milked hard for soulless corporate entertainment.
I only hope they don't get their hands on the Silmarillion and drive it into the ground.

I think you have it opposite. At first glance, LoTR appears limited, but Arda is literally the world, so we've only seen a relatively small part of it. I think the Third Age alone is like 3 thousand years, and Tolkien provided a breddy gud sketch of history to navigate around.

it was always being milked

yes but not to same whorish levels that most things with a recognisable name are now
If they can churn out a tv show, a million spin offs and a load of fanfiction films they will

So why haven't the Tolkien estate reached out to anyone in Hollywood to get such a passion project off the ground?

>Fleshing out ideas that Tolkien left scarce but within the framework of his mythos. What were the Corsairs/Easterlings/Haradrim like? What about peoples even further to the East than them, where supposedly Sauron had already established a firm grip? What were the details and intrigues about Aragorn's many travels with the Rohirrim as a young man?
Tolkien specifically mentioned that mysterious civilisations that we know little about are a neccessity.
He understood that not everything needs to be fleshed out.

I don't think Amazon gives two dicks about that tbqf senpai, especially after paying a quarter billion for the rights.

We know it's going to be a prequel. My assumptions are that they will have a need for the setting to be recognizable (Third Age) and they will have a need to "get with the times" and make the cast "diverse." Rather than fucking around with the lore, I'd definitely prefer to have them explore the setting a bit.

>"get with the times" and make the cast "diverse."
SEETHING

Sup Forums raging about the dragons

>fucking around with the lore
um without the lore it's just another generic fantasy they paid billions for