Black Mask Could Be Villain In 'Gotham City Sirens' Film

comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/david-ayer-seemingly-teases-black-mask-for-gotham-city-sirens-a149269

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fu4QX6iqZlQ
indiewire.com/2012/10/hugo-weaving-doesnt-want-to-play-red-skull-again-in-any-more-marvel-movies-250794/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Another one bites the dust.

Good pick. He's simple enough to not take away from the development of the team, but distinct enough to be memorable. He comes with legions of goons for the Sirens to beat up. If they keep his love of torture it'll make it easy for the audience to hate him and thus root for the heroes.

Black Mask is still waiting for some writer to come along and give him a definitive character defining story.

Can't treat him worse than Arkham whichever one it was did.

Why not

If you're vomiting up movies just to show that characters exist, might as well use a villain that no one, not even the writers, care about

Why? He doesn't need one. He serves his purpose as a ruthless mobster who has a distinctive gimmick and is particularly sadistic. That's all he needs to be.

It's gonna be tough to convince a hollywood actor to wear a mask the whole movie unless they are someone like Karl Urban (dude from dredd). So they are either gonna be someone with a burnt face or someone who constantly takes off his mask.

>David Ayer
more shit design choices. lets try and predict how bad Black Mask will look

Black Mask is my favourite Batman villain. I was hoping he'll d be the Batman movie villain.

Hope they go with the gimp look, it'll add to the fetishy vibe that they're obviously going to go for.

>It's gonna be tough to convince a hollywood actor to wear a mask the whole movie
4 u

I don't normally do this, but...
>Black Mask is my favourite Batman villain

Hugo Weaving wore a red skull for 90% of the Captain America movie.

You'll get the Joker again and you'll like it.

>Black Mask is my favourite Batman villain.
why?

Why? War Crimes was great. He was excellent in the Catwoman book too

Watch as they pull an Arkham Origins and reveal that Black Mask was Joker all along

I think he will go with the Arkham look, but a little more edgy
The sirens will have tats tho

GIMP mask

>War Crimes was great

>The sirens will have tats tho

I'm going for Ivy to look like this, or something resemblencing this, more likely she will have a sidecut

Don't let Ayer see this
>shirtless Black Mask with leather pants and BDSM tendencies

I'm still mad about that

>War Crimes was great
Yep. Remember when Black Mask tortured Stephanie Brown almost to death, and then longtime Batfamily caretaker Leslie Thompkins let her die to teach Batman a lesson? Awesome.

God I hope they do green skin Ivy.

>Tom Hardy (Bane)
>Hugo Weaving (Red Skull)
>Hugo Weaving (V For Vendetta)
>David Prowse (Darth Vader)
>Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach)
I could go on

I just do. I like how he was in War Crimes and Catwoman.

Also has killed a Robin.

So Sup Forums, if it was up to you, would you have it be a face forming mask like in Arkham Origins, or be like exposed bone like in Under the Red Hood?

I'd go for Arkham Origins, just to avoid the inevitable comparisons to the Red Skull.

Margot Robbie is hot but doesn't have much T or A.

What are the odds that their picks for Ivy and Catwoman are also pancakes?

>Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach)
He was maskless for a lot.

Sorry, didn't hate this. I respect you not liking what happened with Leslie though.

Here's hoping my boy doesn't die (probably will)

I bet he is a black gangsta in line with Monster from Suicide Squad.

[Spoiler] I am okay with this [/spoiler]

>Uma Thermon all over again
It's a shame they wont go for an older Ivy to play off of Batflecks age. I wanted Christina Hendricks.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fu4QX6iqZlQ

Under the Red Hood just turned him into Saints Row's Killbane. Just do that again. Drop the need to make him some scary Kingpin knockoff or a Mask-obsessed cult leader.

Is Ivy supposed to be fat?

I just want to see a turf war between Black Mask and Penguin

The way I see it, Pam will have a sidecut with normal skin which is gonna be Pre-Woodrue, and then when Woodrue does the experimentation with her and turn Pamela into Poison Ivy she most likely have a short hair or punk hair with green skin or a combo or white and green skin. Although I coud see Ayer going for a more unreal look for Ivy to represent more her plant side, a la Swamp Thing if you will

Have we really had a villain die in a DC movie yet? Faora's still alive in the Phantom Zone. Zod's died, but technically came back as Doomsday. Doomsday died, but his entire shtick is dying and coming back. Enchantress and Incubus died, but they're essentially magical creatures that you can asspull back at will.

And then said he would never do the role again

She could probably get back down to Mad Men sizes with a bit of effort. Unless she's gotten really big since the last time i cared to look, please tell me she hasnt gotten really big.

When did he ever say that?

Slipknot died.

Storytime?

>sidecut

Literally the worst female fashion trend of the last three years. Thankfully my girlfriend got over it.

>Gotham City Sirens
Oh yay. I get to see all of Batman's female rogues lez out.

How happy I am.

I assumed we are getting an older Selina to match Affleck, but Haley Bennett is the current rumoured actress and she is a bit younger

Hardy and Weaving are unconventional actor and Haley was maskless for a lot of scenes. Also Prowse was salty as fuck over the role being credited more to James Earl Jones than to him.

>Zod technically came back as Doomsday
Um, no? Lex used his corpse/genetic material to grow Doomsday, thats about it.
>Doomsday's entire shtick is dying and coming back
Not this version at least. Christ he acted more like Parasite given that his DCEU shtick was absorbing energy instead of immunity
>Enchantress
Yeah magic bullshit still leaves her available

Too soon, user. The pain of that loss is still there.

>implying Ivy will ever have any chemistry with Batman again
I'm sorry, user. Ivy is solely regulated to "HARLEY'S LESBO LOVER" now.

That's not how the DCEU's Phantom Zone works. Faora is dead.

Well, you have to get used to it since it most likely to be in the film

indiewire.com/2012/10/hugo-weaving-doesnt-want-to-play-red-skull-again-in-any-more-marvel-movies-250794/

why would you think that? it's never been part of her look.

As much of a Harley/Ivy shipper I am I have to admit that I can't see that happening, because of MUH B.O OVERSEAS. If ain't happened in the video-games it ain't gonna happen in the movies, it'll be fantastic if it did but it won't

Neither was Harley Squad look but here we are, nor Enchantress also

Doomsday's thing is adaptive evolution. He took the hits, released an energy blast prior to the transformation and changed to become stronger. I thought it worked fine.

I can see a look like this existing in the DCEU

emma stone
yeah and then they can cast a latina or black catwoman

I've always wanted that. Why can't we have him show up in an early career set story where he is super effective?

Eh, why not.

>Zod's insurgents were sentenced to the Phantom Zone and came back at the very beginning of MoS.
>No, DCEU Phantom Zone means Faora's dead.
Okay.

I think you should kill yourself.

Harley has totally consumed Poison Ivy and her relationship with other, non-Harley people.

She used to have a sexual angle with Batman in her femme fatal ways. That's gone.

So.. You would prefer he didn't have a really good character-defining story? That's fuckin weird

>shit design choices

M8, Ayer's crew created iconic looks for almost evebody they touched. They won an Oscar for a reason.

Zod's insurgents were placed in suspended animation aboard a spaceship which was then sent to the Phantom Zone.

A far cry from being jettisoned there by an explosion. The DCEU's Phantom Zone is basically another side of the cosmos and not a ghost pocket dimension.

>Black Mask becomes more memorable to normies than Red Skull
How mad would people get?

He's called Black Mask, not Black Skullface.

They won an Oscar because Croc looked neat and nobody saw Star Trek Beyond.

Did she not save her but hide it from Batman? That's how I remember shit going down

I'm listening to the Beach Boys, it doesn't quite fit with the tone of this comic.

MMMMMMEEH

I don't think there's enough people that care about either of them.

So stop baiting.

>mad
I'd be ecstaticly laughing at people calling Red Skull a Black Mask ripoff.

>the texas user
Boris?

I'm utterly uninterested in this movie. Not even the attractive actresses are a drawn.

But it'll probably do gangbusters since Asians apparently love Suicide Squad and this will basically be Suicide Squad 2: Harley Bogaloo now with a China release.

Ok let me start off by saying Doomsday isnt a good character, hell its arguable if he even is a character given that hes essentially just the wall that finally stopped the flying brick that is Superman. That said, I dont think they did a good job with Doomsday, or at least showcasing his ability. He didnt really evolve or become immune to anything, just absorb each hit thrown at him to become stronger, hence the Parasite comparison. Actually come to think of it, he was a Parasite/Bizarro amalgamation. Regardless I wouldnt want to see him again, they already spent the Death of Superman coin and Doomsday is shit to begin with

I'll just say, I have no idea what's going on prior to this story, as I wasn't reading Batman back then, and I don't feel like going through all the lead up.

I'm from Texas, not Russia.

>he has DAMAGED COFFIN tattooed on his face

Might as well just get Hugo Weaving again

Oh hell no. You leave Black Mask out of your shit, Ayer.

War Games is like 25 issues long.

>his face is covered in hundreds of tatoos of the word MASK

>except for some blank space on his forehead that spells out BLACK

About fuckin time he hits the big screen

Arkham Origins

Which was a shame considering before that they had Black Mask be the only man to break out of Arkham City

As per Wikipedia:
Black Mask's origin story was established in his first appearance. Roman Sionis was born to wealthy and utterly self-absorbed parents, who cared more about their social status in Gotham City than their own son. Moments after Roman's birth, the doctor carelessly dropped him on his head, and his parents covered up the entire incident so that their high society friends would not find out. Years later, he was attacked by a rabid raccoon at the Sionis family country estate, and his parents forbade him to mention the incident to anyone. Despite their dislike for fellow socialites Thomas and Martha Wayne, Roman's parents continued to associate with them to maintain their social standing, and forced Roman to befriend their son, Bruce. His parents' hypocrisy had a deep impact on Roman, and he grew to resent them and the "masks" that they wore in public.

After graduating from high school, Roman was given a high-ranking position in his father's company, Janus Cosmetics. There, he met and fell in love with working class model Circe, though his parents did not approve of the relationship and forced him to break it off. Enraged, Roman burned down his family mansion, killing both of his parents and inheriting their fortune and business. However, Roman lacked his father's business acumen and eventually ruined Janus Cosmetics by funding a failed line of face-paint make-up. Desperate, Roman had the staff chemists create a product that was rushed to the market without proper testing, disfiguring several hundred women. Circe, now Roman's fiancée, then broke up with him in front of his entire staff.

So, he's a disfigured cosmetics magnate with possible childhood brain damage. Sell me on this guy, I'm not really getting a hook.

He got his ass beat by Nightwing in a DLC mission.

>Posting a wiki
No one wants to spoon feed you, you casual.