So, because this has fucking exploded in popularity over the last month for some reason, let's talk about Heathers

So, because this has fucking exploded in popularity over the last month for some reason, let's talk about Heathers.

More specifically, the musical. Would you guys want to see an animated movie based off this? I'd just like a movie version of this to be honest, it's a surprisingly good musical, and these guys have a great track record with the Reefer Madness musical movie, but videos like this make me want to see this shit animated.

youtu.be/VLg2VvsFanE

Thoughts, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I1SDToRo6Sc
youtube.com/watch?v=hVWxLZvp7vY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathers
gashi-gashi.deviantart.com/gallery/
youtube.com/watch?v=RCAo1tqHpkw&index=105
youtube.com/watch?v=BQOoTX1Nxx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to see Heathers, but portrayed by the cast of Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Call it Eds.

>not the cast of Recess
Literally all the characters are already there. Fuck, both the Ashley's and probably TJ and Spinelli are outright homages to it.

Come to think of it, aren't the Debbies from the Oblongs also homages to it?

Yeah, it could work with the cast of Recess, but I also really want to hear the Kanker sisters sing "Blue."

Oh hey this is that chick that drew the hamilton animations

I stumbled across her a week ago while I was drinking a lot of rum

Now if only I could find that music video with the singing face that disappears at the end

A 14 year old girl drew this Sup Forums

I will never make it

Its the standard, unoriginal, tumblr art style. Dont be ashamed.

>A 14 year old girl drew this
There's no fucking way.
>look up her Tumblr
>it's true
Holy fucking shit I've wasted my life...

>14

Is she hot?

>Philippines
No.

What does her JD look like
JD is all that matters to me

>Philippines
well that makes sense. Gotta start that animation sweat house slave labor early

TIME TO KILL MYSELF!

I love my dead gay imageboard.

youtube.com/watch?v=I1SDToRo6Sc

Eh.

>not sharing the animatic with the cutest Veronica design and the best song

youtube.com/watch?v=hVWxLZvp7vY

So? That's actually amazing. If that's enough to discourage you from trying at all then you were never going to make it in the place.

A cripple can be a animator
A retard can be a animator
A blind guy can be a animator

YOU can be animator

I don't understand, are you telling me to have sex with you?

She draws her characters attractive and honestly she's one of the trend setters when it came to art. She originated this style herself and her Hamilton animatics made her popular and eventually started influencing a lot of other kids.

I see an otgw influence here

>blind guy can be an animator
...how does that work?

>implying it is 100% unique with no outside influences

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathers

>At school, a rebellious outsider named Jason "J.D." Dean pulls a gun on school bullies Kurt Kelly and Ram Sweeney and fires blanks at them. Veronica finds herself fascinated by him.
>1988

Jesus fuck, and THIS is a musical? She's attracted to the Columbine kid.

No shit, but if you looks around for a while you can see there is many, MANY other artists who is copying her style.

My friend just showed me the musical a week ago. What'd putting it on the map? Is it this?

Ok to be fair young Christian Slater was hot to me at least

Where they saying "I'm white" earlier?

JD also kills one of the Heathers. And then tries to bomb the school after threatening the main character.

The 80's seem like simpler times

I like the way she draws the main bitch's face. those little triangles to to line the bottom of her eyes.

This one animatic came from an already somewhat popular tumblr artist who came up on youtube doing Hamilton stuff.

So Hamilton is, in an obtuse way but yeah it is this video

Welp, time to kill myself

I really miss movies with musical numbers(that aren't fucking disney)

>She originated this style herself
nigga...
gashi-gashi.deviantart.com/gallery/

still impressive for a 14 years old tho

it's kind of weird to see tumblr artists storyboard a musical from a movie - which already has predefined visuals for the characters, scenes, etc.

blue is a great song though

I've been trying to figure out for days how this suddenly has a shitload of animatics on YouTube. I loved this when it was playing off-Broadway, and now all of a sudden out of the blue there's a weird YouTube fandom for it? I mean, I'm not complaining, but how the fuck? When, how, why?

>watches video
This is awesome!
>sees the description
>please use they/them when referring to me
Oh. It's less awesome now. I guess all fandoms have cancer in them.

>A retard can be a animator
>A blind guy can be a animator
Sauce or you're lying.

Well, shit, I guess I know now.

Of course musicals finally develop a significant, non-theater kid, non-rich people fandom and it's among Tumblr users. Just my luck.

I can tell you don't know much about musicals. Dark storylines make for the best ones.

Just checked this fucker's Tumblr
>they/them. if you don’t like that or don’t want to use them then don’t bother wasting your time here or on any of my accounts lmao
Holy shit, do I hate this person, in spite of their talent.

>hurr

It's a fucking movie from the 1980s

How did people in the 1980s think this was a good plot for a movie?

I think in this case it's a little silly to hate them, since they're just a retarded 14 year old.

If they were like 20 though then it would be fair game to consider them a subhuman worthy of a drawn out death

I know. I saw the movie. I was responding to
>Jesus fuck, and THIS is a musical?
Which seems to imply a sort of "all musicals are upbeat romances" thing.

Fair enough. A child prodigy is still a child, after all.

In four years, though, the loathe train will resume.

>why does it seem so strange that a musical with a columbine kid exists

You seem to be missing my point

School shooters are a part of our culture now. They were less so when the movie was made, but there's no reason not to do a show about it. One of my favorite shows is Assassins, which is about the people who have tried to kill the president over the years.

>it's a "popular teens are terrifying soulless hedonists with infinite resources" show

Do people not remember high school

do they just like self-inserting adults as children

I never understood this

Who's Max Resdefault? I've been seeing this name everywhere. Is he a French animator or something?

>14 Phillipino makes an animatic about a musical based on a 80s American teen movie
This is confusing. Is this how the Japanese feel about weebs?

>A 14 year old
WOW Good for her!
She even has invention transitions with the hand pulling up.

>girl
xe's NON-BINARY

So can we bring back /th/ now?

/th/eater general right here on Sup Forums

Underrated.

>passive aggressive "use [pronouns] when referring to me!!" in description
bretty gud otherwise tho, way better artist than me looking at "their" artwork

nevermind im a fucking dumbass and thought this was some kind of passion project and the person or (((THEIR))) friends sang and wrote this

pretty shit, i feel as though animating it fully shouldve accumulated that amount of views

still better at art than me

Ay, I'm just about to finish this musical up right now.

My problem with a lot of these animatics are that they seem to be for stage choreography and not actual animated features. Almost all the angles are from the front and have a face or body dead center of each frame. 14yo, I get it, it's impressive and this one is better than most, but still.

A lot of the iconic bits of the choreography in these videos are copied from the actual musical too, i.e. that Fight For Me animatic or any of the Dead Girl Walking reprise animatics with the gun at Veronica's forehead as she steps forward. I get that it's hard to improve on pieces that great tho

>Filipino
>"please use they/them when referring to me"
How can you come from a culture with a language that doesn't even have gendered pronouns and STILL be pissy about what people call you?

That's called being "Americanized". It's a sadly infectious mental disease.

>a language that doesn't even have gendered pronouns
Now that I know that, it actually kind of makes sense in a weird way.

well that was catchy

>standard, unoriginal, tumblr art style.
Yeah it's nothing avant-grade but this still takes alot of work. Don't imply this was easy.

Really? Good for her.

It's never too late user.

That was actually quite good. Wish the artist wasn't such a tool, but maybe she'll grow out of it while keeping the animation experience intact.

If The Life and Times of Tim can get 3 seasons on HBO, you can make it

He's the brother of image.jpg and tmp-filename

Don't measure your own capacity for success by someone else's standards. Be your own rags to riches story. Set your own precedence.

Goddamn, I have got to find a way to see this musical.

Has Sup Forums done any animatics?

Hey, this song is actually great. All the songs I've watched animatics of are great.

Is the whole musical like this? Do I need to see this?

I wonder if Heather Chandler likes to step on dicks haha

>I wish I had more TNT

shame the Sup Forums musical didn't do any adaptions of the songs. There were lyrics but no one did any performances. But I agree with OP. I would like to see a Reefer Madness type movie with this.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you even draw?

Quite Catchy desu
youtube.com/watch?v=RCAo1tqHpkw&index=105

Okay I've never heard of this show before, and I don't think I'd like it, but something about the animation style pulls me in. Shocking it's by someone so young.

It's a "romanticization" of high school, in that there were always jocks, Queen Bees, nerds, spoiled rich kids, and poor as fuck kids, but everyone was still a human being. Stories about normal life wouldn't be interesting at all, because it would be a mundane reminder of how boring you are to people who aren't you. Even a story about a school shooter wouldn't be dramatic, it would just be a morbidly fascinating look at some insane kid going completely over the edge.

>tfw in my high school the popular kids were the nice jocks

They were real cool dudes.

It's also set in the 80s. Near as I can tell, actual high schools were at least slightly more stereotypical in the 80s.

Wait, are we talking about Galactibun?

Well PSA culture hasn't really corrupted young minds then like they did during the 90s

>tfw Galactibun was dating my kid brother before they broke up after they came out as agender

I remember high school and yes children are fucking terrifying. Granted I had a small town Christian school where everyone had money

>>tfw Galactibun was dating my kid brother before they broke up after they came out as mentally ill
Dodged a bullet, there.

"SHUT UP HEATHER"

I kek'd

Wait, are you saying they were dating after Galactibun came out as agender? No bullet was dodged at all. Walked right into it, actually.

That's because it didn't happen

I mean, I don't really care whether it's true or not. I just felt the need to ask this, to see whether or not I actually parsed his sentence correctly.

BS

Is this the new meme musical after Avenue Q and Wicked?

I want Heather C. to bully me.

>please use they/them when referring to me

The animation and voice acting are great but why must the creator be such a douchebag? That's not how you introduce yourself. "Hello, please refer to me as King, royal pronouns Their Majesty."

It's apparently pretty bad at selling tickets on Broadway, but people on the internet sure seem to like it.

I don't have a problem with they/them, I have a concern about it being used as an unprompted line in the sand.

Either it's because they are looking for their hill to die on, or they've faced significant backlash for their identity already in the comparatively socially conservative Phillipines.

So Chuuni or guarded.

Though yeah. This bun has talent and Heathers is a great musical.

god I forgot how fucking good the Heathers musical was
now Ive gotta listen to the whole soundtrack again

I'm talking about video as a whole. Not a single pic.

The whole musical is great, in my opinion, and to my mind fast. I at first thought Candystore was some big villain show stopper when I heard it, perhaps at at the end of an Act, not the second fucking song. I came into this musical unfamiliar with the original film.

I mean. I don't think she's responsible for the voice acting. Probably just grabbed some random video like this
youtube.com/watch?v=BQOoTX1Nxx8
And used the audio from that.

If a 14 year old can do it why not you?