Why are water powers so lame and feminine?

Why are water powers so lame and feminine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPXVARUt47g
youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0
youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo956BtJM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't cause enough damage in comparison to other elemental powers.

because few have tried blending water powers with the sort of drowned god dark depths aesthetic.
think of a dead pirate with water powers built around drowning people

Why is water so lame as a power but soap bubbles are so fucking brutal?

You've clearly never seen a tidal wave, or a typhoon, or a tsunami

Because writers of childrens' media tend to be uncreative hacks.

This very much.

>Because writers of children's media tend to have to keep it family friendly.
FTFY

Because for story reasons one of the powers needs to be feminine and it's either going to be earth or water, and since Earth often gets big rock golem arms or whatever water gets put in by default.

Are you calling Mera lame?

Because there's no middle ground between fucking gay and incredibly lethal and destructive and the latter is often forbidden by producers.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPXVARUt47g

She's kind of lame.
Sexy as fuck, but I can't really think of any particular moment where she did anything extraordinary.

If you want to be scared of water, just watch this video about DELTA P
youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0

>they've swapped out the hydraulic cutter for a plasma cannon
>Raiden, take it down!

This. Mera will fuck your shit up.

She has incredible control over water, to the point where she could pull all the water in your body out of you, leaving you to dehydrate. She also has super strength and durability due to being Atlantean. She can kill you in a bunch of different ways.

That footage of the crab at 2:55 needs to be a made into a gif if it hasn't already...

Sounds like this can be summarized in one simple rule: stand back nigga.

Menses metaphors too strong.

But with water based powers you can do non lethal stuff.

Mist
Everyting with water ice
Punching / pushing water
Water walls
Control of bodies
Walking over water surfaces, manipulating water density
Mirrors and glass like stuff and tricks made of water
You can even go a bit asshole and suffocate people with vapour without killing them.

That's on a larger scale.
When you scale things down water powers are lame. Compare throwing a bucket of water to throwing a bucket of rocks at someone and you'll see why people think water powers are lame.

ITT: what is ATLA even

because someone decided ice has to be 'evil' instead of just cool and awesome, so we don't have a lot of big muscular shaggy ice type guys, only fairystyle water chicks and evil spiky ice people of both sexes

Even on a smaller scale, water could be dangerous. You could pull all the moisture out of someone's body, you could direct a stream of water at someone at such a high pressure, that you could take the skin off their face or something. You could fuck up their brain or something.

Actually, control of water over the other classical elements might be the most useful, because there's a shit ton of different uses for controlling water.

Oh, god.

Working on it, now.

it only gets cool with ice

do you doubt THE DRIZZLE OP?

You don't need a lot of water to fuck shit up.
youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo956BtJM

Because a handful of master elements don't exist

Fire is just a result from a reaction
Water is a molecule made of two actual elements
Wind is literally just atmospheric pressure differences at a macro scale
Earth is a planet, wtf does that even mean as an element, can I move Martian dirt?

Everything else is a similar story, you have to really define a system for these things to work and even then, have a story that works with this system

Most decide to focus on the story and then say fuck all to the system so it ends up being a shitty system

Those are just physical principles of pressure being applied to water. Water is a physical object so it has weight and density and it occupies space, so if you put it under enough pressure to generate enough power yeah it'll fuck things up, but so will anything else.

bump

>Mist
>Everyting with water ice
>Punching / pushing water
>Water walls
>Control of bodies
>Walking over water surfaces, manipulating water density
>Mirrors and glass like stuff and tricks made of wate
most shows or comics have the character do all of that, I don't know all these faggots are complaining about.

Tell that to all those Wakandians that drowned because they didn't know how to swim.

Because Mother Ocean and all that

Leviathan from worm, enough said

they aren't.

so feminine

i didn't get the part after (before) circus died

why did the gorilla guy came after -- wouldn't they stop the show after that

and how is monkey related to bubble -- it looked like it just randomly escaped on it's own and started it's own chain of events with gas baloon and tiger

You have to be a much more powerful user to hurt things with water than you do with earth or fire specifically because it requires more creativity or way higher pressure.

Most water guys can't do the jet cutter, just the fire hose.

that armless bitch was so fucking cool, i would love that she gave me some waterjob

Outside of Avatar, water and ice are usually seperate powersets.

Actually, JoJo is a good example.
Geb and Aqua Necklace are both pretty cool.

Aqualad is pretty based in Young Justice.

That had less to do with his powers and more to do with his attitude.

>i have no imagination

Is there a character that generates his own water or converts air molecules or matter to water to use for attack purposes.

That's the only thing lame about water power it has to have a source

I'm always looking for an excuse to post it but I think overall Bonkle did it pretty well

It helped that it took into account manipulating the weather

Granted, a lot of that might be that you could have enemies drowning on screen and nobody bats an eye

The part in the serials where Gali just straight up fucking leveled an entire island with a tsunami was pretty cool

You got a download for all this?

because for water to be applied properly lethally, it would be considered evil in the sense of it having to be applied to forcibly drown someone.

it's kind of lame otherwise, makes more sense as a support power.

biomedia project has dls of all the comics

Water bending is pretty great in Avatar. If they could actually just straight up create water, it would probable be the best bending.

Thats some scary shit