WHat the fuck Sup Forums? I expected some nice mid tier kino and all I fucking got was

WHat the fuck Sup Forums? I expected some nice mid tier kino and all I fucking got was

>le nazis are le bad guys amirite reddit?? Oh btw depression.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_8UGxPxYZS4
youtube.com/watch?v=wnk2-Jctg6A
youtube.com/watch?v=yergWdn968o
youtube.com/watch?v=MCs_1EFmjkg
youtube.com/watch?v=J52rN0aNfYI
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ih1aKeETk
youtube.com/watch?v=sk8X4DDebng
twitter.com/AnonBabble

everything after comfortably numb didn't actually happen, dingus. the point of the nazi stuff is dramatic irony; fascists killed his father, pretty much the most defining moment of his childhood, yet he ends up fancying himself one because of insanity

You really shouldn't expect anything particularly deep from most prog rock.

The fact that you zeroed in on that scene means the movie got you.

Furthermore it may have been a comment on his own role as an artist, media as propaganda

That movie was so fucking boring. Animated parts were the only good ones.

Yeah it sucks. The animation is cool but the movie is uninteresting and butchers most of the music. In the Flesh with Pink's actor barely able to get out the words sticks out in my mind.

>wahhhh stop making fun of my ancestors the nazis

Chew on a Zyklon B tablet you numale soyboy

But Nazis are the bad guys, you fucking ignorant.

fucking retarded triggered lefties buying into normie narritives

Okay this is bait.

This.
It can be good if you take it at face value but god damn people try to hype it like it's the deepest music (and this case a movie) ever even though its pretty surface level shit.

ultimate plebs detected

so are you like not aware of anything Roger Waters has done like since writing The Wall

This is exactly why Sup Forums is unironically the worst board in all of Sup Forums. It's so far up it's own ass trying to bait "normies" with all it's ridiculous bait and buzzwords. There are no opinions here. No discussions. It is the virtual equivalent of huffing shit from a paper bag. I really hope none of you spend more than an hour here at a time, cause if you do.. god help you.

What did he mean by this?

>The animation is cool but the movie is uninteresting and butchers most of the music

The wall is extended in the movie version. You get some themes of the live concerts that are not featured in the album.

Roger waters is a full-on libtard tool. Always has been. I outgrew this fucking movie in junior high for fuck's sake.

It's a fantastic movie. And arguably open to many different interpretations. Pink is a bad person and much happens in his life that makes connections to other people impossible.

Seeing as how this is the days before Sup Forums he just sits in his hotel room, getting drunk and high, watching tv, and fucks his groupies...

Everything of value and every human relationship he's had were either destroyed in tragedy or destroyed by himself in a desperate end to at least control things before he got hurt.

A lot of the tragedy of his own life is sort of modeled after the tragedy of his WW2 vet killed-in-action father. (Roger Waters claims this story isn't autobiographical but it obviously is, I think it's just a story of his own life with an unhappy ending whereas IRL he navigated the minefiled of fame better than Pink).

I first heard my dad's Pink Floyd The Wall album in 6th grade and identified with it closely. Basically recognizing it, even then, as a soundtrack for my life. I saw the movie my freshman year and loved it equally.

The animation is brilliant, so is the story and theatrics.... but it's a *very very depressing* tale. This album/movie, and most Pink Floyd, are for those heavy philosophical moments when you want to ponder the heaviness of life.... It's FAR from upbeat stoner music. You want a soundtrack to getting high use The Doors or Hendrix.

I never understand why anyone in their right mind would want to get high and listen to Floyd, it's just too heavy.

>the worst board
>hasn't been to Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums /r9k/ or /adv/

>hating on bob geldof

man fuck you but I agree a little

Sup Forums is the biggest shithole in here

How come Roger Waters didn't play Pink

now THIS is pastaposting

i just got here, but the most enjoyable aspect of watching the wall for me is knowing how much bob geldoff absolutely hated making it

its movie about an aesthetic, i just wished that some of that god tier animation got channeled into doing something with wish you were here

i have loved pink floyd all my life but i always felt everything to do with the wall was far too META

No. No my friends. Sup Forums is where the biggest degenerates go to make deranged and racist friends. Sup Forums is like Sup Forums where you can get crucified for "having the wrong opinion"
/r9k/ is just Sup Forums lite. Nothing but edgy/horny middle schoolers. /adv/ is for insecure losers who just want a little pat on the head.
Sup Forums has what? le epic memes? pedophilia threads? bait threads? You could argue that Sup Forums or Sup Forums are just the same but here's the kicker: They actually discuss shit. You might even discover a good game/band or two. I challenge you to ever find a time in the day where this board isn't suffocated with JUST or "what did he mean by this" threads. The repetition isn't funny. It's fucking pathetic.

Boomtown rats were talentless bowie wannabes

wouldve been better if they went with the original full animated idea

I wouldnt even put The Wall in the Top 5 Floyd album, my guess is that its get more attention because it has a movie.
Live at Pompeii is better

>WHat the fuck Sup Forums? I expected some nice mid tier kino and all I fucking got was
>>le nazis are le bad guys amirite reddit?? Oh btw depression.

The Wall moves between reality and hallucinations. Pinky is not a good guy, he is a fucking weak, coward, despicable human being. The whole movie es how hedonist and selfish person turns his fears in an excuse to blame the others, each fear is a brick to build the wall, wich is a metaphor of loneliness.

is not a movie/album about depression, is about loneliness.

What do you plan to do about it?

Being a liberal back when Waters did it meant a whole different thing from being a liberal today.

His entire concerts these days are just one big anti-trump circle-jerk. I hate trump but I just want to listen to music not get politics shoved in my face.

>listening to post-Floyd Waters

Literally would rather listen to the elevator music in The Endless River.

Let's face it, nothing compared to 'Animals'

I plan to stay the fuck away. I suggest you do the same.

Make threads yourself then faggot. Believe me I know as well as you do how frustrating it is to make a long winded interesting thread to have it 404 in 5 minutes because people would rather shitpost. You just have to make another one and another one and eventually you get a good 200+ reply discussion going. I'll give you some advice and say that you're most likely to get serious discussion about things this board memes into oblivion if you word it right. It only gets memed so hard because people like it. The Sopranos, Curb, Vice Principals, Seinfeld, and Nathan For You are where I've had the most luck.

>american political language
everywhere that isn't the usa has a completely different definition of liberal to you guys
being a liberal means the same thing now as it did then

>In my opinion genocide is GOOD

Come on now.

The album is great but the only good parts of the movie are the nightmarish animation sequences
Pic related was cut from the movie

This band is just fantastic, by the way which one is pink?

God I wish I had taken up music as an interest when I was younger. I feel left out whenever talks about their favorite band or what music I listen to

this. echoes makes me shit my pants in excitement.

the endless river is pretty much part 2 of the division bell and just a tribute to rick. waters without floyd has always been shit.

Only difference is social media made it worse but colleges were always full of sjw patchouli smelling hippies like waters.

post rock is like progressive rock without all the faggoty hippy political statements

Whats stopping you from starting now? It isn't difficult to listen to music.

>it isn't difficult to listen to music
No, what's difficult is getting into music seriously. have you seen the gajillion genres there are? or the gorillion albums that exist? Not to mention having to get informed in your favorite artist's/band's life, etc

There are plenty of Sup Forums recommendation charts and you should know how to torrent. rutracker is a very good source for music. buy a sennhieser headphones and a shicht DAC/amp combo. develop your taste. You don't have to force yourself to listen to nigger house or queer pop shit

that song depresses me

What kind of faggot does all that? Get ahold of yourself, man. Start out with AC/DC or some Metallica, literally just listen to any classic rock station. 106.7 The Wizard is great, I remember hearing Pink Floyd on it even as a wee lad

tl;dr: listen to music soley for your ownst enjoyment, you fucking robot

those boards are unironically far better than Sup Forums

Listen to this album and tell me what you think of it:
youtube.com/watch?v=_8UGxPxYZS4

but in the end, he loved pink floyd and prog (john lydon)

adult swim meme shit

this sounds like weird experimental music you would listen to while tripping on acid. Not really up my alley

wew

>everything I don't like is meme

here listen to this not that fag shit
youtube.com/watch?v=wnk2-Jctg6A

Oh well dude if you didn't like it, you might not like this but I think it's a pretty hip, trippy record.
youtube.com/watch?v=yergWdn968o

If that doesn't tickle your fantasy, go on youtube and try Billy Idol's Rebel Yell. Great fucking solid album.

oh shit nigger what did you do. I forgot about these motherfuckers. Snow + Limbs. Gonna find where I have them right now.

Why not just straight up go listen The Wall or some other Floyd album and see if their style is for you or not?

Goddamn it, if you want to like music, listen to music and find some you like.

I like Galactic Melt more:
youtube.com/watch?v=MCs_1EFmjkg

Miami Nights 1984 is great if you want to get into synthwave too:
youtube.com/watch?v=J52rN0aNfYI

>Goddamn it, if you want to like music, listen to music and find some you like.
This, music is probably the easiest medium to get into because you can spend an afternoon listening to a handful of albums recommended on a random Sup Forums thread and you probably have explored more music than most people will in their entire lives

In Decay is the only one I've really listened to. Just put it on every now and then when I'm doing stuff. Was into synth/retro for a little while.
Love me some Gunship too.

Tycho is also good for background noise if you're doing stuff as its rather relaxing and calming:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ih1aKeETk

THIS IS NOT Sup Forums YOUI LIBTARDS

It can have its upsides, I can't imagine how much shittier Australia would be if we let as many Abos live as New Zealand did Maoris.

Sup Forums would throw a fucking fit if they ever saw my playlist. It's basically prog and folk metal, electronic and synthwave and fucking soundtracks.

Fuck Sup Forums. They are the literal definition of trying too hard. Also

>unironically liking Kanye West and/or Drake

>RAAAHHHRRR NIGGGERRRS

He was going to but he was so shit at acting that they told him no

>one of the reasons Waters didn't like the movie is because it didn't have him as the protagonist
>after he made an entire album from the epiphany that he was letting fame go to his head and make him an insufferable asshole

Who's everyone's favourite member of Pink Floyd? I always liked George Harrison the most myself.

More like:
post rock is like progressive rock without all the skilled musicians

fucking kek'd realizing this

>libtard
I was about to post Cult of the Holy War, get rekt fgt

Sup Forums doesn't like Drake and they treat people who like Kanye like shit

Including third world instruments and fucking around in the studio doesn't make you a more skilled musician

>Sup Forums
>liberal
They're idol is Varg

>>after he made an entire album from the epiphany that he was letting fame go to his head and make him an insufferable asshole
what album

Nick Mason. No drama, no bullshit, always there till the very last album.

>not Pink
you're gonna go far

>listen to Pink Floyd and Yes
>think that is the entirety of prog

Prog is not any more politicized than any music genre. In fact, its much less political than pop music nowadays, which is basically just a (((diversity))) parade.

Nor does wanking around for 20 minutes on two notes with a bunch of annoying, predictable crescendos

BOTH GENRES BTFO

Cute cell-shaded bune. Idk bout that BDSM tho. I'm into CGI weight-gain lol. Many such cases, I am sure!

There's some good songs in that album, but it's too long and too bitter for my taste. I think PF lost their way after Animals.

fair

>WAHH SINCE WHEN HAS ROGER WATERS BEEN POLITICAL? PINK FLOYD WAS NEVER POLITICAL

come on now

>le nazis are le bad guys amirite
They were bad guys. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a child, retarded, or a sociopath.
Also, seems you didn't get the film.

Tbf this is why Pink Floyd is so successful. They're music is so surface level and relatable to pretty much anyone that they dominate and still do. It's like the Accord of bands, it has 4 wheels and an engine and goes not-too-fast, and everyone doesn't mind it, even having a soft spot for it time to time. Perfectly fine, and not much more.

oh fugh bump my troll thread

Roger Waters can't write shit. I saw a documentary years and years ago about the beginning of the band, in this documentary, they said that after Syd got sick, Waters spent a lot of time with him and made off with many notebooks of Syd's. Years later, I read that they paid Syd as a member of the band right up until he died. He died a billionaire. But there was never any mention of purloined notebooks again. I would bet that Syd wrote at least some of the wall

Why is pink a bad person?

I very much doubt it. The difference in the lyrical styles between the Barrett and Waters eras of Pink Floyd seems to me precisely like the sort of difference that switching from one songwriter to a different one would make.

Pink Floyd's The Wall is End of Evangelion minus the waifus.

Whaaat? Waters had him fired There was a bunch of other shit between him and waters, not saying it was him, but there was quite a bit of drama with Mason

youtube.com/watch?v=sk8X4DDebng

>I would bet that Syd wrote at least some of the wall

Yeah no. By the time of The Wall, Roger Waters was an insane megalomaniac convinced he was the Hitler of rock'n'roll, while Syd was living with his mother, shopping at Harrods and eating a lot of pork chops.

Not to be mean to Syd - he was a decent writer in terms of psychedelic pop, but his stuff doesn't hold a candle to what Waters/Gilmour accomplished later.

>Sup Forums unironically defends Nazis
The fuck is wrong with you people?