If you could introduce your oc into either of the big2, would you do it?

If you could introduce your oc into either of the big2, would you do it?

Only if I had as much influence as Bendis does or some other higher up only to ensure my Marvel OC didn't easily die at the hands of the next writer.

Unlike Bendis I would probably stick my OC in a team book instead of a solo, I wouldn't have them be a legacy character and I would have them get their ass handed from time to time.

But eh I don't have a Marvel OC and most of the characters I've made are for my own stories and no way i would give them to Marvel.

Eh.

Would I retain creative control of the character? Would they be a mainstay or the subject of a well received short run or mini series that makes its way into the MCU or would they be doomed to being put on a former mutant kids bus and then exploded when someone else took the helm and din't feel like doing shit with the character anymore?

Fuck it why not, not like I give a shit about the character, and I get to say hey I made that. Not to anyone who matters of course but fuck it, I have one more story to tell.

Neither, I'd go to Image.

>Racist spider to stand trial for hate crime

real talk i would read the shit out of that comic

I'd make an altered version and use one for Big 2 fame and glory and my version for indie creator-owned shit.

Yeah sure

If I got the offer? Sure. But only if I retained the rights to them. Of course that would be a rare thing.

Hell Id read the adventures of a racist spider in general.
>Falls down the water spout
>"I bet the jews are responsible for this"

If I make an original character for the Big 2, I would make a character that could only possibly work in the DC or Marvel universes. Otherwise, why wouldn't I just make them in a book where I get to keep full creative rights?

Yeah. I like to think If I was a comic creator I would be creative enough to do big 2 shit and indie shit

Sure. Shes basically my version of inhumans if DC had some.

I have an idea for a female superhero.
She's a simple shy intelligent girl that often keeps to herself but is kindhearted and wants to helps others. Even though she's shy, she gets along with everyone she meets and people often like her around. Instead of being a bland generic woman character, she has a dark and painful history to give her actual character and depth. Her name is Mary Stuward and her hero alias is the So Just Warrior. Her powers consist of immortality, time control, energy projection, and so on.

Why would anybody want this?

Maybe not but itll fun

Why don't you change her fucking name to Mary Sue?

It's my character don't tell me what to do faggot. Mary Sue sounds dumb.

why don't you make her have the power to say "no more mutants" and make all mutants lose their powers?

No. I'd rather get the opportunity to write a Spider-Man book set in MC2, and have it be about Benjy as a teen to adult as Spider-Man. With the occasional pop-in team-ups with his big sister, Mayday, who I imagine would be Spider-Woman by now.

None of my original characters would work in the Marvel or DC universes.

Id rather just bring back some characters I like, like say the X-kids.

Yes. I have about a dozen characters that I would introduce, some for Marvel and some for DC. I have other ideas that I'd prefer to keep independent, but some just work better with the established universe and I don't want to create some thin expy for every character I want them to interact with. I do think it would be best to wait until I have enough clout to give a decent push to the ones I want to succeed.

My character would be a thinly veiled representation of myself and in every issue he'd be having sweaty, hardcore, wall banging good sex with Psylocke and Domino at the same time.

No. Mostly because I sucked at coming up with interesting characters and powers that weren't just versions of hero's that already existed when I was RPGing super hero games.

That said. I vote JJ from HMQ quest gets into Marvel. Just keep him the hell away from Bendis

Who would work with a gravity powered swordsman?

someone who can throw them high into the air and let their gravity power let them slam down even harder?

Not a pyrokinetic fire-elemental second-in-command of an army of revolutionary fighters who are working against the Gravity-powered swordsman's superiors, that's for sure.

No, since he'd be too problematic

maybe this

Hell fucking yeah. Especially in X-Men since Fox will adapt anything.

this should be the golden age of super villains, how writers aren't throwing wave after wave at bad dudes hoping one sticks like in books like Suicide Squad and Captain Marvel is beyond me.

>introduce my OC to Marvel
>Shit, I gave away my OC
>change his name and introduce him to DC
>Shit I gave away my OC
>change his name and self publish