What happened to strong, masculine main characters in cartoons? Why did they just suddenly dissappear?

What happened to strong, masculine main characters in cartoons? Why did they just suddenly dissappear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xgcxd9wtXUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tolerance and illumination.

Toxic Masculinity.

Is this another thread started so two guys can discuss how much they want to fuck the male cast of Gargoyles?

OP have you been sniffing glue again?

Young Justice, Greg, Jack is Back, just off the top of my head.

Will you just get the fuck out with your old and obsolete concept of "masculinity"? Steven Universe IS the future of manhood!

men can't be heroes
they are the patriarchy

>Young Justice
>Strong Masculine

Right...

This.

they'll be back next month

Was it worth it, OP? Was this your plan?

That pussy? Pffff. Here. REAL SWORDSWOMAN, you patriarch!

Hey.

A product of the belief that kids only want to watch cartoons starring kids.

What a fag, embarrassing

What I wanna know is, what happened to Gary Cooper? The strong, silent type?

Being in contact with your emotions and being sure of your masculinity doesnt make you a homosexual. Also l, stop using that kind of filthy lenguage, it's offensive. Try to think of your inllow human.

It's considered gay to be masculine now thanks to anime warping the west's perception of what is cool and not cool. If you're not a twink who likes little girl cartoons then you're a massive faggot.

That would be way less gay than this thread's actual purpose.

I suppose they're harder to draw opposed to a skinnier framed figure

No. They are just not welcome anymore.

This one is easy. People don't draw people as muscular anymore. We draw them as noodles.

I don't know, last night's Gargoyles thread was fun, if brief, laughing about the idea of an user trying to steal a qt gargoyle during stonesleep and throwing out his back.

>two

nah man, its at least 5 or 6 of us here.

Fag.

I want Goliath to smoother me with his enormous pecs.

Superboy

I AM IN CONTACT WITH MY EMOTIONS!!
I'M IN CONTACT WITH MY RAGE!!
DIE OTHER HUMAN!! BY MY HANDS!!

The kind of cartoons they made sense in aren't anymore. A big burly dude who can kick ass makes sense in an action show, but since those are few and far between the big muscly guy is normally reserved for a more comic relief style role. Even when we do get action shows it seems like the sleek more agile type protags are more in favor now anyway.

Bara

Why can't we just have a thread on trash

We talk about the male cast and post lewd pics, you guys do the same female cast

Everybody wins.

I mean, do you WANT a SWOLE, hunky, beefy, enormously masculine main character in stuff like Steven Universe?
Rick And Morty?
Adventure Time?
Gumball?
Bob's Burgers?

Any of the other dozen comedy shows in the US?

You dont have masculine characters because no one writes plots where they are needed, wanted, or make sense.

I hope Isis kills us all

Brock a best.

Have faith in Iran and their supposed nuclear program. They might be the ones to clean the slate.

>Being in contact with your emotions and being sure of your masculinity doesnt make you a homosexual.
I know you're baiting, but I can't fucking stand this when I hear it.
>OLD MASCULINITY WAS REPRESSION

Look at this motherfucker. This is Kenshiro. He is manly as fuck and is in touch with his emotions. But he doesn't get "emotional" like Steven does. He lets it drive him.

Fuck, Fist of The North Star was all ABOUT the need for emotions. It was Raoh's inability to love and feel sorrow that allowed Kenshiro to surpass him.

>I mean, do you WANT a SWOLE, hunky, beefy, enormously masculine main character in stuff like Steven Universe?
>Avatar?
>Rick And Morty?
>Adventure Time?
>Gumball?
>Bob's Burgers?

YES. Fuck, people have wanted Finn to grow up into his bellowing adult self for ages.

Is Connie wearing DBZ Piccolo's clothes?

Post more manly protags.

Das right!!!
Remember kids in a 300 years you'll all be dead in a grave and this "autistic faggot" right here will be the cavalry of the revolution on the battlefield.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xgcxd9wtXUE

Bullshit. People were sexualy attracted to fictional charaters even back in the comic days when cartoons didn't exist yet and that never stop them.

BECAUSE THEIRS NOBODY ON TRASH THAT WANTS TO TALK ABOUT GARGOYLES. Think for a moment gosh.

Here's a recent one...

We have matured and grown to realise how problematic masculine characters were.

The Wakfu has some manly men.

Who knows?

Steven was shown to grow into a muscular tall man literally within the first 5 episodes, though.

They're probably around somewhere...

If the show was PG-13, people would call Steven a flaming faggot instead of going "oh you steven u lil rascal".

...waiting for their moment...

I was too looking at naked pictures of male gargs to think

1) Anatomy is harder to draw and costs money

2) All cartoons today are made for kids and about kids. Kids don't have muscles.

bump

Yasss queen! Steven is the future of a new kind of more sensitive, aware and beutiful! No more muscle head idiots abd their toxic masculinity giving impossible standards to children!

Just good obedient boys that cry and are in touch with their feminine side! Haha feminist approved manhood!

PRIDE!

>Hal
>manly

I am not baiting. Men are to blame for many attrocities. You people are controlled by hormones that impulse you to do violent and aggressive things in the name of your egos. We needed to redefine masculinity, make you more domesticated in order to allow you to live in civilazation. I'm sorry, its just the way things are.

The future is ours sister!

you named this pic "cringe" just because you're bitter they didn't mention Sup Forums because Sup Forums could only teach them to hate themselves

Exactly. Look at this place! It's antifeminist yet everyone is sad and want to kill themselves. Sup Forums is an example of why old manhood was just... Ugh evil and gross.

>Google taught me I don't actually need to learn anything
>tumblr taught me to be offended by everything
>YouTube taught me to install Adblock
>Vine satisfied my ADHD attention span
>deviantArt made me a furry
>Blogger... who the fuck uses Blogger?
>Facebook ruined my future employment prospects
>Instagram made me a constant attention whore
>Etsy taught me people hilariously overvalue their labor
>Twitter taught me to Make America Great Again

>Tumblr SJW feminist

So basically Sup Forums happened

And thank the goddes for that!

This is some of the least-effort bait I've ever seen.
Jesus fucking Christ.

that's just shape-shifting. steven canonically will be the same height forever. the only change that age has shown is that he grows a few sparsely scattered facial hairs.

Poor sod.

God you guys are such fucking losers.

The real reason strong, masculine characters fell out of favor is because tastes changed due to an oversaturation in the market and you know what really is to blame?

Stupid fucking weebs making their chinese cartoons with their stringy male protagonists popular in the west.

Here's an example of what you sound like

>HURR DA DURR WHY THERE NO BE SCHWARZENEGGER MOVIES NO MOR? MUST BE FEMINISTS!!!

I know most of you have brainlet iq numbers but try to use the ol noggin' once in a while.

Didn't the episode with his birthday imply he looks like whatever he wants to be? Why the fuck is he a short, fat kid with a Jewfro?

This is the reason that US leads towards destruction. History teach that every empire is being destroyed from inside. You SJWs are the end of the country. Thank God that the rest of the world doesn't follow your BS.

he can slightly modify his appearance temporarily, and when he tried to hold it for too long, he reverted into a baby.

Celebrating imperfection.
It's an art thing.

> Why did they just suddenly dissappear?

Masculinity is very inconvenient, as is wisdom.

Remember not to listen to old people who have already been through all of this! Don't trust anyone over 30*!

*unless they're an arm of the government in which case trust them unquestionably

I see, this thread is taken by SJWs. Carry on, you worthless faggots, as long as you stay here, you won't breed and put more of your wretched spawn into this world.

Really? How many women kill or rape compared to men? Face it, males are hunters and warriors not fit to live in peace. Your hormones talk for you.

It's clearly not a real SJW just really, really weak bait. Even by Sup Forums standards. I feel embarrassed for them.

Hey, not my fault men are more cynical and violent than women.

No, he won't be stuck as a kid forever, he has the potential to grow.

Rebecca Sugar just ripped off the Saiyan growth cycle from Dragon Ball Z that explains why Goku still looked like a kid in his early teen years, 3 years passed, and he became a fully-grown adult.

If Rebecca decides to go with your scenario, I will be pissed because that's inconsistent writing, especially considering that she showed him as an adult in the early episodes to give a quick answer to artists who wanted to interpret Steven as an adult like they do with other kid cartoon characters.

Killing and rape is only a problem when it's done inside the tribe.

Why is that wrong? If you heard a window break in the night you'd be more than happy to use male violence, whether it is a male family member or a policeman.

He looks like how he feels more or less. If he tries to force it it takes a toll on him.

A window broken by a male no doubt.

And that is why world will never see true peace. The male brain only see things in a primitive "tribe" perspective.

Well it's at least a change of pace from the "gas the faggots" bait that we usually see.

Yes. So?

You're a hypocrite, more than willing to accept the fruits of male violence, then want to act morally superior for not doing it yourself.

>Asian
>masculine
pick one

So does the female. What do you think a war bride is? A woman leaving her tribe to join a more advantageous one.

Because today each time a strong character is bare chested it is seen as homoerotic.
unless the character is black, of course

He pulled them both of pretty well.

Stop taking this blatantly obvious bait you incredible faggots.

Because violence is only glorified by men.

And this archaic masculine barchavio is the cause of it all. I bet you shame rape victims?

I'm legit curious how wonder women fits into this equation now. I mean, women actually like her being an amazon and being violent and such when she needs to be.

Peace? This is an illusion. No matter if they are male or female, conflict is part of the natural law. It's the Evolution. It's the fight to pass the genes to the next generation. Isn't true that the women are looking for rich and powerful men foremost? Do you ever asked yourself about it? It's instict.

That's a lie and you know it.

>I bet you shame rape victims?
No.

>archaic
Our brains are archaic. Unless you'll be willing to argue that we didn't evolve to behave in a way that ensures our own group's survival over countless years?

>women actually like her being an amazon and being violent

Women have always liked violence done to others. Women in Russia were more than happy with the rape of German women after WW2.

And that the aggressiveness is a male characteristic is also a myth. In nature, the females are far more aggressive than males. Or i have to remind what the female mantis is doing to the male one, after the mating?

WW is a male creation. A fetishist sex object.

Of course a male will believe this.

Of course a female will ignore the truth.

The truth is. Men gave up. And now, we the ladies are taking control from your primitive and incompetent hands.