Can we all agree this is the worst Wes Anderson film? Why is it so bad? It's charming, sure...

Can we all agree this is the worst Wes Anderson film? Why is it so bad? It's charming, sure, but all the comedy falls so flat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKGpXfAdCAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's actually his best

That's the best one doofus

It's pretty fucking faithful to the book, which is rare in Hollywood, and well done. It's a kid's movie, what were you expecting, dick jokes? It was supposed to be charming, anyway.

>survival

brilliant movie

I remember watching it when I was a little smaller and thinking how fucking weird it felt. I guess that's what happens when you hire a pretentious autist to direct.

>It's pretty fucking faithful to the book
No? Have you read it? I think you've gotten confused because everything that happens in the book happens in the movie, but that doesn't mean it's FAITHFUL. If it was completely faithful, it wouldn't make it to a feature length runtime because of how basic and how few actual characters it has (which isn't a criticism, there's an elegance to writing something so simplistic and focused that it punches in under a hundred pages)

I bet you don't enjoy the films of Wes Anderson

I do for the most part. I mean they don't hold a candle to Apocalypse Now or The Thing (1982), but I think they're cute. FMF was just so boring and had no humor

>He's never read the book

Shame, its probably one if my favorite children stories I've read. Thinking about it right now gives me some good feelings I've forgotten about like. The movie was perfect and almost frame by frame like the source material, which is rare for Hollywood.

I literally don't remember 99.9% of my childhood

>Are you cussing with me?

I didn't like it. It felt nothing like roald dahl

make your own movies you hack if you want to inject stupid stuff like

Yeah I love this movie, but it definitely takes some creative liberties

Was he gay?

I am
For him

It's not possible to objectively rank his films. They're all great and it comes down to personal preference

IMO Bottle Rocket, Grand Budapest & Darjeeling limited are the best

Then Moonrise Kingdom, Royal Tenenbaums & Fantastic Mr Fox

Life Aquatic & Rushmore are the worst imo

Jesus no, it's one of his best.

The train one is the worst, this isn't contestable.

>not for The Chad Kristofferson

>Life Aquatic & Rushmore are the worst imo
What the fuck

I agree that it's impossible and that it comes down to personal preference, your list just happens to be wrong

I should have said my favourite and my least favourite, not best or worst.

youtube.com/watch?v=GKGpXfAdCAs

Go on then

It's not your "Bottle Rocket is great" stance that has me puzzled. Life Aquatic and Rushmore are neck-and-neck for the best Anderson, in my opinion.

Part of it is that i'm sick of Bill Murray. He's a great actor, a very funny man and he's been in some great films (broken flowers, lost in translation, life aquatic), but he's worn thin for me. The pervading undercurrent of depression in his performances plays darker and darker the older i get and now i think it robs Anderson movies of some of their charm. I used to think it was depth and he was self aware, but now i think it's extreme arrogance. He's above the world. I think he's probably a real cunt irl.

agree, his characters are hackneyed

exactly in the same way Jack Nicholson utterly wrecked what would have been a great remake of The Departed
> I SMELL A RAT

you can just feel the arseyness emanating from bill murray

I honestly loved it.

It was my first Wes Anderson film. I'm a sucker for stop motion, but I liked how it was more of an adult movie than a kid's movie, while still being family friendly instead of some edgy shit.

>implying the cuss gag isnt the best part of the movie
>Implying this isnt one of his best, if not his best movie

>They don't hold a candle to Apocalypse Now or The Thing (1982)

Pleb opinion

I don't know if the use of the word cuss is intentional or that the studio wanted to change it into a kids film because animated animals.

>darjeeling limited
That movie is so fucking pointless