Well, it's officially over

Well, it's officially over.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=83etthnOEUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

black trans Frodo when?

Good. No more all white cast to cater to the white nationalist agenda.

Oh shit, this is probably going to get really disgusting in the future.

I just hope Christophers kids or whoever gets the estate control doesnt get the brilliant idea to try and pilfer more of the writings to shoehorn in another book with heavy edite and try and claim J.R.R wrote it. Christopher was always on thin ice for doing it, though nobody probably knows his fathers work better than him.

Hobbit being turned into a bloated trilogy and the terrible fan fiction of the Mordor games were tightly controlled?

Gee I wonder.

Consider The Hobbit/Shadow of Mordor games based on the movie The Lord of the Rings by Peter Jackson, not to the books.

IDRIS

E
L
B
A

if you thought it was bad then...

i want to fuck that spider...

>still won't get a Children of Hurin movie

The Hobbit rights were sold to WB at the same time as LotR. Chris hated the LotR movies but was powerless to stop the Hobbit ones.

IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN!

How are Jews responsible for a 92 year old man retiring?

Not defending it, but those 2 games are not canon correct?

Was he ousted by those Amazon people so they could make their shit show?

The prophecy has come true.

youtube.com/watch?v=83etthnOEUk

Nothing has or ever will be canon unless JRR wrote it

To be fair. He is 92.

Did they say if he was handing it over to any heirs or anything?

at least we can bask in the knowledge that whoever gets it next can't fuck it up as bad as Brian Herbert did his dad's franchise

>not mentioning the other bloated trilogy
Not like tolkien jr approved of that either.

Shut the fuck up you whiney faggots.

As if LOTR was ever a universe that pays great attention to details and hold a strict canon.

You can't rape LOTR because there's nothing to rape, the narrative is too loose and oblivious to everything around except characters that Tolkien writes about at the moment and is ultimately just a tale about good beating evil.

Makes sense.

The sole director of the estate at this point is Michael George Tolkien, Christopher's nephew through his brother Michael

the worse is about to come friend

So we literally have a Bilbo and Frodo thing going on now. Guess its up to Mike Tolkien to decide what he's going to do with the estate.

It's time.

>Michael George, son of Michael

Retard

I hope your joking, faggot.

How can he not hold onto the rights Forever of his family's own property? Fucking Disney has been doing it with their characters for long over the expiration date for copyright shit

IT'S NOT FAIR

Great argument as expected from a Tolkien fan.

I really cant believe that ill be alive to see television fall off as a media channel, the same way as printed media and radio

Oh ye of little cynicism.

Don't feel too bad, gents. Aside from some good casting and New Zealand the movies were all terrible. Just read the books and enjoy them.

>anime Silmarillion series never

I feel ya, Mark. LOTR will be getting raped as hard as Star Wars soon.

I hope that when I'm older I have a house with a wood fireplace and big comfy chair to sit in and read books at.