Where is safe to discuss digimon?

Where is safe to discuss digimon?

I know we had the whole moot saying that digimon is a Sup Forums thing (for the sake of nostalgia and to avoid Sup Forums normies swarming Sup Forums) and that Sup Forums is the worst place in earth but even so, I'm still confused.

I was watching this new digimon tri, thing is heavy on nostalgia but it's cute and funny at the same time, totally losing my sides and feeling feels (but I think it only works for people who have pets and shit), this mean bird alone made my day. Anyway, I've been away from Sup Forums for some months and well, I'll ask here before going to Sup Forums.

Is Sup Forums a safespace for Digimon talk? I'm don't really want to discuss right now since I'm still finishing what's already out from digimon tri but I've heard that the next batch of episodes will come soon.

as long as you use english names for everyone, so no taichi only tai

Oh I have no problem with that, Brazil adopted their western names (Tai, Matt, Izzy, and etc). But Digimons names are still japanese for us (like, Mugendramon for me and Machinedramon for the USA).

Thanks for the answer!

I only just realized that bird's design was inspired by these fuckers here.

Best Digimon is Frontier, fight me losers

never liked this shit as as digimon cartoon. they totally lose me when they made fusions with humans to digivolve.

I mean, tamers was actually VERY good and they first introduced this digivolution concept but that time it was special, it was a end-game mega form super special bound of digimons-humans.

Best Digimon is the one that is best written, and is less dumb.

And we all know which one that is.

I realize this post is going to do nothing to prevent this thread, nor do I really want to try and ruin the fun of you homos either...but I do feel like I should give my two cents anyway

Digimon should not be allowed here just because fucking Sup Forums or any of the other numerous anime based board don't want it, that's fucking stupid...especially when things like Power Rangers threads here sometimes get deleted despite actually having comic books, Digimon being allowed here or any kiddy anime in general simply because Sup Forums elitists don't want it and people here tolerate it is no good reason for it to be allowed, this board should not be treated as a fucking garbage dump site for other boards....especially when certain actual cartoons and comics are forbidden here and treated with the utmost strict rules

Rules on forums should not be too strict, less they (forums) become not fun.

I agree with you on some extent, that's why I created the thread with this...tone (and as I said, it was moot himself who throw digimon here).

But frankly, Sup Forums is suck a shithole that I don't see something being kicked from Sup Forums to another board being a bad thing. I mean, imagine you like something Sup Forums had the chance to talk about it on a better board, I'm 99% sure you would go to this other board if you had the chance.

anyway, last year (or two years ago, I don't really remember) I created a thread on Sup Forums about toonami dying. It was a copypaste from a thread about their ratings that some user created here (Sup Forums). since toonami was actually the first contact of a lot of people (specially the older ones) on what anime actually is (the point were you know it's not just another cartoon).

That one thread was very interesting, of course I summoned the rage of some ultimate form Sup Forumssperg lords that ravaged the discussion with their putrid smegma breath but at the same time we had some good Sup Forumsnons acting like normal 4channers and discussing the subject (that was totally related to the board) nicely...

anyway, while we have /tumblr/ strong here, it's still a much better place to discuss anything than Sup Forums.

MY FUCKING GOD WHY IS TRI SO GODDAMN BORING

WARK WARK

Armored chocobo cavalry was a goddamn terrifying thing when I played FFT. It's like getting hit by an adorable car. Having it scream WARK at you while it's also trying to stomp you to death while you're being stabbed by the guy on its back would just make everyone shit their pants in fear.

Such adorable terror.

TRI is cute and comfy but I agree that something needs to happen FAST, specially ACTION. We had enough friendship power and cuddling already, they need to absolutely blown the fuck out of our minds in this last part with awesome battles and combinations. Everyone got their megaform now that was missing from the original

Garudamon -> Hououmon
Atlurkabuterimon -> Herculeskabuterimon
Lillymon -> Rosemon
Zudomon -> Vikemon.
Patamon and Tailmon (Seraphimon and Magnadramon) was already know from the movies, it's time to rock now without holding back.

there was a poster that showed that the mega was ophanimon fallen mode

When Sup Forums talks about Digimon, literally all they talk about is shipping.

Sup Forums would probably be the most appropriate place to talk about it, honestly. Nobody ever talks about the old cartoon anyway, just either tri or the games.

Tri is enjoyable. I only see salty 02 fans hating on the movies.

cant do much about shipping

but i do love the adventure

That's not allowed! Someone tell the moderators!

whats the digimon that looks like the mage from Final Fantasy 8?
he was my favorite dude

>ophanimon

Well, they might go that route since well, Magnadramon (despite I liking her) can't compete with the appel of a female angel warrior that is basically angemon's couple, lol

Wizardmon?

ophanimon goes better with seraphimon, and ties better with angewoman
holydramon is somewhat more unique, and ties in with gatomon

personally i prefer ophanimon, since big armored ladies are cool, but they used an evil version of her, so she might slide digivolve to holydramon when she turns good

>Sup Forums sucks at talking about Digimon so it should be Sup Forums

Look, like I said I'm not here to ruin the thread, but that's bullshit all things considered....what if someone doesn't like talking about MLP on /mlp/? That's actually Sup Forums material, being (multiple) western cartoons and comic books

How many movies/episodes is Tri suppose to run for?

It seems like they're making the series into 3 separate mini movies now

6 movies. Only two left now.

>Wizardmon?
yes! thank you, I'm going to buy a toy now

The Ophanimon Fallen Mode is like a dark evolution because something bad is probably going to happen to Hikari and Gatomon in the movie.

It could still be either Magnadramon or Ophanimon when Gatomon goes to her regular Mega evolution.

>seraphimon vs ophanimon fallen mode
please happen

who's the other digimon? Evil meikoomon mega? Being a cat herself, maybe meikoo could follow the cute cat -> angel evolution too (and hit ophanimon).

meicoomons mega, but it seems less evil than normal

>When Sup Forums talks about Digimon, literally all they talk about is shipping.
So you mean the only shit people have ever talked about Digimon?

not that theres anything wrong with that

Meiko is the biggest cancer to this show next to Meicoomon. Seriously, fuck them both

I like 02

Davis was my first husbando as a kid

I know I have shit taste

i look at davis, and i am only reminded of tai

man I still got some fond memories of watching the first with my little sister, she got balls deep into that show

cool they all got their mega forms after like 20 years damn

How do you figure

he's Tai but dumber

I'm attracted to dumb but with a heart a gold characters

I've always hated how the English version goes

Champ
Ultimate
Mega

It never made sense to me even as a kid that something called "Mega" would be better than "Ultimate"

I liked Meiko.

It's funny how a super normie anime delivered a much more cute and adorable girl than any other anime in that season.

It's even better that I can say this here on my Sup Forums safespace, someone would probably hhck my IP, trace my localization and kill me for saying this on Sup Forums.

Regarding the plot, I can't say she's really cancerous because everything happening is connect to her and she don't take too much screen time (that is very well split with the original 8, maybe too much mimi but we like mimi and someone had to introduce meiko to the team properly)

i was always furious how shoved to background he was in 02

he made a good second in command, but when ken got in there that part dropped

I just rolled with it. I mean, champion is another way of saying best anyway

Doesn't make much sense in Japanese since it goes child, adult, perfect and ultimate either.

well /m/ often has a thread up, so it's usually pretty safe to discuss it there

i like meiko as well
she pulls of shy kid pretty well, and given how much more outgoing and confident everyone else is, she actually fills a personality niche

TELL ME SHE'S JOE'S GIRLFRIENDS.

Ok, I know she isn't because she's missing like the other choose kids and Joe would have noticed if it was the case. Not sure why in my headcanon they were going to be together, lol

oh I never tried /m/, not sure how they roll their metagame but I'll lurk more. Thanks, user.

Davis, Ken and TK were my first OT3

I agree with you though, plus there was that plot line of TK having a secret dark side he developed after Angemon died that went nowhere

like a lot of 02 plot lines

TK was one broken straw away from just bringing a gun to the digital world and going columbine on Ken

WHAAA-
eh, its okay i lost breath on this on the early days of the internet

i always preferred this, like a vast majority of the internet
they are just too cute

she married the evil guy from digimon 02 as far as i remember

We can talk about Digimon as long as the OP start with an Angelamon picture.

There was never a point watching this show where I went "Y'know what Digimon needs? More cute girls doing cute things."

kek, that shit was good. Now I'm imaging TK and Patamon exiled from both worlds and coming back as the Angel of Death, the reaper of souls.

oh, true. But they sent the 02 ending to hell with tri. or maybe digimon tri happens before the ending

she also just becomes at a stay at home mom with like, 6 kids

Ken becomes a detective(?) I think

Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to the Digital World tomorrow.

as far as I can tell, the ending to 02 is still canon but the "where are they know?" epilogue for everyone isn't thank god

even without factoring shipping
it showed many characters doing a complete 180 on their personalities and established dreams

weirdly enough the only one in character at the end was Davis. He said he wanted to own a noodle cart and that's what he did

I remember that back in the days, I found this cool and heart warming

now thinking of it again, lol

I still like 02, Veemon is one of my favorite digimons

02 wasnt bad by any means, but it had too many cooks an board, and had an unfulfilling ending

What was the point of that guy that (today) resembles professor Snape? He died and becomes data?

remember when the 02 kids fought cthulu in an alternate dimension for one episode?

he was Cody's Dad's Friend who knew the digital world was real and wanted to live there. His point was really only a means to bring back Myotismon, pretty much

Not Sup Forums at all, but...
Did we play the same FFT? Chocobos only increased movement range when a character rode them. Believe me, I've done everything feasible in that game build-wise. Even the impractical and stupid things. A chocobo-riding unit is just that unit with a larger movement range.

Now if they did something like that in A2, then maybe that's what you mean. I've not done much in that one. Too "modern anime" for my liking in terms of character design.

I hate how hard they're trying to push Mimi/Izzy in Tri.
We get it, Japan loves the ship, either fucking do something with it or don't, but enough of the same joke over and over.

i wont complain, its cute

>a female angel warrior that is basically angemon's couple, lol

Female holy beast, actually, so magnadramon makes more sense.

>But they sent the 02 ending to hell with tri.
I hope so but I don't have faith. Random shipping and every single person getting a digimon is beyond stupid.

doesnt have the same dualism at a glance
it is much easier to connect two angels at a glance then an angel and a holy beast

>02 wasnt bad by any means
But it was.
>Veemon is one of my favorite digimons
He's one of two good things about the show

I think it's weird that Izzy is the one with the big crush. The only major interaction they ever had in Adventure 1 was entirely about him ignoring her.

lost my shit when gomamon asked if Joe's gf was a real person

It's mostly because Japan likes it but Mimi is a hottie.

its still a bit close to skub in the US, but its (slowly) getting traction

then joe just sounds so honest when he talks about her, its sweet

>02 wasnt bad by any means
It was. The worst season compared to Adventure, Tamers and Frontier.

I prefer this ship to be honest

We've had a Digimon General thread on /vg/ for like a year.

but they had no interaction

And the creators need to make up on that

Cyber Sleuth is pretty good.

No, fuck off.

The only one for Mimi is Palmon.

Perfect=most balanced
Ultimate=most powerful, at the cost of some balance

Think of it like Perfect is the highest power you can reach normally, and Ultimate is how much you'd reach if you overclocked your gpu and risked overheating

Yeah because you were busy thinking it needs more cute Digimon doing cute real world things

He got deleted as part of the reboot in tri

Did anyone else dislike that they 02 kids could enter and leave the Digital World whenever they wanted?

It made it difficult for the show to build any real tension when they could just leave whenever they wanted.

Tri is godawful, menaged to be worse than 02.

They can't even do powerlevels right anymore.

>Meiko is the biggest cancer
She's like Mari in the rebuilds. Should never have been there.

>Is Sup Forums a safespace for Digimon talk?
Yes. The three not explicitly Sup Forums topics that are Sup Forums approved are Digimon, Puppets, and Radio-Shows. As long as you keep it contained to one thread and don't overdue it, you're fine.

>radio shows
I think you are just making that one up

FUCKING THIS.
Part 1 and 2 were boring, part 3 was really really good and then part 4 was back to boring.
Also almost all the fight scenes are lame.

We went over this years ago, the older kids should have locked them in the digital world during the camping trip where Davis's sister was trying to fuck Matt.
It would have been a nice training arc, and TK and Kari could show the others how shit actually works.

>Digimon made the perfect Partner for me in every aspect, even the way its canon evo line flows
>was only created as a marketing gimmick in its debut game to reflect Pokémon having new starters Pokémon every gen
>the members of its evolutionary line only appear in one more game with Digimon World Championship
>its counterpart was in Cybersleuth without it
>was in like one episode of the show
it sucks because I do love the other Digimon, but I can't lie to myself and say anthing else would make a more perfect partner. I'm glad it got to share boxart twice but I wish they gave Corona.mon lots more love

Tri is what got me back into digimon. I was never really a fan of the anime, liking Digimon over Pokemon was a sure fire way to get beat up in elementary school.

But damn, this anime is comfy as fuck. My biggest issue with it is the fucking digivolve scenes. They go on too long and are too repetitive. The newest one was a major pain. Like 6 minutes of screen time was just the same animation, over and over again.

Gomamon is objectively best partner digimon

That's the most appropriate comparison. Although at least Mari has a pretty sweet plugsuuit

I kind of got lost.

Can somebody explain to me the original of the Digiworld?

Who created it?

What is the lore and timelines behind?