Would he be a better Batman villain than the Joker? On one hand, he has more in common with Bruce...

Would he be a better Batman villain than the Joker? On one hand, he has more in common with Bruce....but would that be a good or bad thing?

>Batman gets killed in the 1st issue
>Norman replaces him for the laughs
>He actually manages to make Gotham a decent place

Could be.

>Batman gets killed in the 1st issue
>Norman replaces him for the laughs
>He actually manages to make Gotham a decent place

Could be.

Dubs
No dubs

I take the dubs response

>has actual healing factor and came back from the dead once, so he requires much less suspension of disbelief than the shit Joker survived despite being "an ordinary human".
>superhuman, so no need to dance around with him being a physical threat to Batman, like writers love to do with the Joker
Well, he does make more sense.

He's also a rich guy with an spooky alter ego

>batman runs a dna tesn on damian
>hes not the father
>cucked by the goblin

Being a better villain than the Joker isn't that hard.

This. Joker isn't even the best Batman villain.

And gadgets.

t. contrarian

Who's better and for what reasons? Joker is overused, but I don't know if I could say any other Bat villain is "better"

Bane and Superman are better by Batman's own admission.

r'as

I'm not the biggest Bat buff, why is Bane considered such a good villain? Isn't he just some thug on steroids who wants to kill Batman for some very poor reason? Jokers motivation might be cliche by modern standards, but it makes sense I think in terms of being a Bat villain....Batman is all about trying to control his environment it seems, Joker is about simply creating havoc for the joy of it, they really do make a decent pair, I would think most Batman villains would get sick of getting their asses beat but Joker has the insanity thing going for him

Bane seems a lot like Venom in Marvel to me, only less interesting desu

b/c Bane is the most popular Batman villain besides Joker. partly because of the memes, partly because he's sort of Batman's Doomsday.

also IIRC Bane originally was supposed to represent a villain that would have both brain AND braw. you don't see this concept executed too often, because it usually creates OP characters.

>hurr bane is just a dumb luchador on steroids
t. only knows bane from batman & robin

Well I said upfront I was not a huge Bat buff, Bane's origin/motivation seemed pretty weak and stupid

The thing is Bane also would like to control the whole city, plus he's like a better Doomsday in the sense that he's not just a random OP monster that the hero couldn't beat once but an actual character with motivations that has trained himself for his objective
In a bunch of ways he's just Batman, but better and evil, and people like the whole 'dark mirror' trope.
Also he's a big guy.

kek

4u

this is actually a good thought

He's more than just a physical threat. He's Spider-man level, which means he can crumple the likes of Bane and Killer Croc with ease. And then there are all the toys he has.

Bane is not just a muscle man lucha steroid venom but something like a mixture of prison warden, mercenary general, cartel drug lord and benevolent dictator to a gigantic prison island where he was born .

He is VERY very smart and an incredibly well trained martial artist.

Its a bit like if Deathstroke was The Hulk but also Big Boss.

GOBLINED

IIRC Bane took on Batman in order to control Gotham, since fear is Batman's primary weapon. Bane is extremely intelligent and calculating and quickly deduced that Batman was Bruce Wayne. In a way, Bane seems to be Batman if Batman was evil.

Would The Joker make a better Spider-Man villain than Norman?

Eh, I'd say not really. After encountering Joker-like characters with actual superhuman powers, the Joker shouldn't be too much of a threat.

Another question would be, if Carnage would work better than the Joker as the Joker to Batman.

Here's the problem. Neither Carnage nor Norman what to have sex with Batman.

the reason he's such a good spider villain is the history they have together. you can't just slap him in DC and expect the same calibre

>Childhood is idolizing the Joker
>Adulthood is realizing Goblin makes more sense

>Another question would be, if Carnage would work better than the Joker as the Joker to Batman.

I think Carnage is a bit too one dimensional, like he's great at what he does (no Wolverine pun intended) but what he does is basically be a super powered version of a serial killer, with a Texas Chainsaw vibe as he's usually portrayed as a redneck these days

>Its a bit like if Deathstroke was The Hulk but also Big Boss.
Come to think of it, have Deathstroke and Bane ever come head to head? That's such an obvious idea that I refuse to believe no one ever thought of it.

I'd like to see that