Why was she in the justice league cartoons again? seems a strange choice

Why was she in the justice league cartoons again? seems a strange choice.

WW can't be the only female on the team.

they needed another girl and the Hawks were still recognizable to the Super Friend crowd

are you saying hawkgirl is number 2 when it comes to ability or starpower after WW among DCU females? hawkgirl seems like a tremendously poor fit in every way you twist and turn it.

They needed another female member and wanted to represent the Hawk line so yeah, that's why.

Black Canary was supposedly on the team before they went with Hawkgirl.

Why not Mera, Powergirl or Starfire? I mean, aquaman is originally a part of the founders, that'd be a way to sneak that in there. Much more interesting characters too.

Because the Aquaman sucks mentality was still strong then.

Hawkgirl was the second female to ever join the Justice League.

As
said, they first chose Black Canary, who was the first female to join the League. After Zero Hour DC actually retconnned Canary into being a founding member.

For whatever reason they skipped Canary and went with Hawkgirl. Was it the costume? Did they just not want another non-powered character? Who knows.

Literally all of those characters are significantly less known than Hawkgirl. Hawkgirl was at least on a cartoon before. I guess technically Mera was in the Aquaman cartoon but again WB had an embargo on Aquaman shit at the time.

Power Girl has the exact same powers as Superman, and Starfire? What? Nobody knew who she was back then because it was before the TT cartoon.

The best candidates for the female slot are Black Canary, Hawkgirl, and Zatanna in that order, since they were sticking the the classic League lineup. They didn't just pull Hawkgirl out of their ass, she has a long career on the League.

She wasn't. The DCAU Hawkgirl didn't really have much to do with comics Hawkgirl besides the general look and equipment.

Different name, different characterization, different origin, no connection to Hawkman, etc...

>Literally all of those characters are significantly less known than Hawkgirl
not true at all. all those have more starpower than hawkgirl

>Why not Mera, Powergirl or Starfire?

Starfire was on Teen Titans, the other two are still very minor characters and at the time had even less of a fan following.

I just explained right there that they don't. Power Girl was never in any cartoon. Mera couldn't be used. Starfire had never been in a cartoon. Hawkgirl was in one of the most famous cartoons of all time. You're confusing "starpower" with "characters you like".

>Black Canary
Normal humans generally arn't good enough to be hanging with supergods in the DCAU JL. A normal woman who can scream loud brings nothing to the table, at least bats has his gear and wealth to actively support them.

>Mera
You already mentioned the reason. She's baggage associated with Aquaman. I mean, Hawkgirl is obviously associated with Hawkman, but the version of her being used has almost no major connection so I guess they kind of get away with it. Also it opens up the team to the same sort of jokes as Aquaman. I like Mera, but I get why she's not in.

>Powergirl
It's just Superman with tits and they had a hard enough time writing around one Superman.

>Starfire
Aside from not being classically associated with the Justice League she also just kind of acts as a second Wonder Woman. Hawkgirl at least has a nifty mace to separate her fighting style and make her unique. I think she'd be a pretty good character choice for a second woman but eh, she's too associated with the Teen Titans, who were all similar ages to Robin and in the DCAU he's not old enough at all to be JL material.

Zatanna would have been my preferred choice because magic but she did have kind of a loose power cap on her, and a kickass female warrior with a bitchin' weapon certainly has its appeal.

I like Black Canary, but totally get why she didn't fit the lineup and threats of the early era DCAU JL.

Who gave the men of the justice league "relief"? was it WW or HG?

It was Jonn.

did he shapeshift or did the other JLers just like him like that?

>Black Canary
>Non-powered

You've been watching too much Arrow, user.

still mad that carter is destined to be cuck by marineman thru every reincarnation .

Screaming loudly is not a significant superpower in such a universe as the DCAU, let's be honest. Hawkgirl clearly had above-human physical capabilities, she just wasn't as monstrous as the Power Trio.

BC would have been bodied by most threats, especially if she had to concern herself with friendly fire against her fellow leaguers. Batman at least brings money to the table.

>Screaming loudly is not a significant superpower in such a universe as the DCAU
greater and more distinct superpower than having wings and being ever so slightly stronger than average

It is sure, but her being groundbound and just human in physical stats means writing around her a lot more than you had to around Hawkgirl.

hitch a ride with the batman? fixd.
or give her some cool vehicular option that you can sell as toys