Do Rotten Tomato Scores *Really* Matter To You?

Or is it just a fun shitposting tool. Or both?

Both and much more.

Another DC movie turned out to be a dumpster fire? Shocker.

rottentomatoes has been completely taken over by the film industry. it were good when it was new but now it's just another advertisement

Cool story, but WB/DC (Not the Mouse) owns part of RT. You little "MUHH CONSPIRACY" argument doesn't really work.

yeah and that's why they did a review embargo. and you are not going to tell me that didn't help opening weekend

Bit of both. If I want to see something I go see it regardless of a low score. But if someting is rated very well I'll go see it

>RT did a review embargo
Studios set review embargoes, not critics or review sites.

I won't go see a movie if it get less than 60%
If a movie I never heard of gets really high, I might go see it.

we are laughing at the normies. RT made a channel for this shit ha.

I've never based my movie selections off of any site. If I see a trailer I like I'll go see it, end of story.

I don't think anyone here takes RT seriously. Especially after they gave Big Mouth a 100%.

It's just fun to shitpost about the scores for big blockbusters.

>Especially after they gave Big Mouth a 100%.
15 reviews in
7.9/10 avg
nothing wrong there, specially with that low number of reviews.

If a movie I was only slightly interested in gets an 80+ score im more likely to see it in the theater. Although a lot of my favorite movies are in the 50-70% range so I know a score won't always match up with my personal tastes.

>It's just fun to shitpost about the scores for big blockbusters.
Pretty much how I feel.

yes, and im still not going to pay for your shit movies

Score only means anything if you're a brainlet.
Ultimately it's up to you to form an opinion.

>I have unlimited time and money to see every movie

KEK

it's primarily for shitposting now
this triggers the dc chads

I have never seen a good film anyway, so it doesn't matter at all

The site is retarded because people think it's an aggregator of all scores put together throughout 0% to 100%, when it is actually an aggregator of the binary choice of if the movie has been getting "positive" and "negative" reviews.

So a movie could get 69 reviews giving the movie 51% saying something along the lines of "I guess it was alright eh" and it would get a 100% fresh rating just because it was university agreed upon to be just one notch above acceptable.

RT scores matter to me because they matter so much to other people. It's always nice to see people lose their shit over them.

>the site is retarded because some retards don't understand basic math

Sounds like the problem is with those retards, not the site.

RT never changes my mind when I want or dont want to see something, but it can help me decide whether or not to see something in theaters if I'm on the fence.

Actual reviews by reviewers I'm familiar with can sway me either way, though.

It's pretty good at confirming that I movie I think will be a pile of shit is a pile of shit

This.
Shame they pulled the forums. Most posters were douche bags but still some good info was there from time to time. Fuck IMDB for killing the forums. Also fuck them for their shitty cyclical movie suggestion system. It either loops back to the same movies or worse just recommends the complete body of work of some director or actor.
>go look at what other films are suggested similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark
>everything suggested is Harrison Ford
>look at suggestions for films similar to The Thing
>suggestions are Carpenter's entire catalog

bruh... look at this dude

hey retard: the reviews were out but RT hid them until the premiere date