Supernatural
>tfw it's actually good and not as girly as Sup Forums says
>tfw episodes like the X-files and Angel
Jfc is Sup Forums ever right? Wtf?

Other urls found in this thread:

sharemovies.net/watch/mx52n7GR-supernatural-season-13.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Forums is easily fooled by buzzwords like "twilight tier" and shit

Supernatural is easily better and has a different approach from crap like The Vampire Diaries or Teen Wolf. Heck these days, for what it's worth with its meager budget, I'd even say Supernatural is better than the Walking Dead.

>better than the Walking Dead

Almost everything is better than The Walking Dead

And yet it still gets like 3-4x the audience

A lot of people I know who used to trash and dismiss this had a quick change of heart once they actually gave the show a chance. The only difference is which season they stop watching, if they stop at all

people who say it's girly or it's twilight-tier have not seen the show and only say that because main actors have huge number of girlfans (so they assume it's a girly show) and it's a supernatural show with good-looking main characters (so they assume it's the same as twilight). but from the very beginning the creator makes it clear it's not a chick show and is a procedural-investigative action show. in the pilot episode, dean and sam accidentally have a martial-arts-esque fight (room was dark and sam thought dean was an intruder), dean tells sam "hey! no chick flick moments!" (when sam is about to go chick flick on him) and the way they hunt is similar to a procedural cop investigation (check crime scene, do background checks, interviews).

Supernatural has prime Lauren Cohan

Is this still ongoing? If not, how did it end? I dropped it around the lucifer and michael thing.

Yeah supernatural was actually good up to about season 5 then went shit. Did it ever get good again?

>litterally we save the world to fuck it again cause he is my family member!!!, god revives us just cause

>ignore the homoerotic tension between two brothers.

Your retarded it go from bro season to girl season and is currently on bro season again

Season 13 baby!!

this season also had Luci and Mike

gonna say/post this again in case a writer or network executive is reading:

what i love about supernatural is that the relationship drama is not the focus of the show. the usually have one scene at the start and one scene at the end and two or three lines/mentions in the middle but the majority of the show is about the hunt. shows like vampire diaries and twilight focus on the relationship drama. they're 95% angsty staring at rain outside window because girl did not text back, angsty staring at girl talking to another guy, angsty schemes to separate girl from guy and other soapie relationship drama. it's why i hate supergirl, the flash, std, sgu, bsg, chicago justice, the glades and post-season 2 smallville (seasons 1 and 2 were good but after that it's all love-triangles, muh-feelings-preventing-me-from-flying and paragraphs-long monologues just to say sorry).

Yes. Objectively. I dropped and hated this show around season 9 but i picked it up again to gauge where it's going. Season 10 to current is legitimately a return to form. MOTWs are stronger than ever

>from bro season to girl season and is currently on bro season again
This is pretty accurate

yes, there is relationship drama but it's not the focus of the show. and the only homoerotic references is in two or three episodes where the writers make a joke about it.

see (trips of cosmic truth)

>Chuck confirmed God
>his sister becomes big bad
>they kiss and make up and fuck off the universe
>lucifer develops daddy issues
>tries to take over the world, takes over the president as a host
>knocks up his wife, creates a nephilim

dropped the show around that time

>his nephilim son tears open an alternate dimension and throws the cast (or some, I forget) in.

And that's where we are. Also Crowly's mom is a milf.

there's no homoerotic tension in the show, user. you're only seeing homoerotic tension because your subconscious is telling you you're homosexgay.

>that moment when some fuck wanted help identifying what season he left off and told me it was when dean "came out" to cas
Jfc the delusion

>supernatural thread

What's your favourite motw lads

Sup Forums doesnt hate it
Only the tandom troll who drops by from time to time "hurr durr muh tumblr"
The problem is it does have a cringeworthy tumblr fanbase
But there is stuff for us too. Mostly the comfyness and the classical similarities with shows like you mention. Pple likes those things when they watch.

what's jfc?

the haunted mental asylum. because hospitals creep me out especially at night when it's quite and hardly anyone in the hallways and you're not certain if the person walking towards you is alive or not.

Mystery Spot

Maybe Safe House
Not a MotW. That episode is main story arc.

not my favorite monster (since technically it's an angel pretending to be a monster/trickster) but it is my second fave ep the first being the brothers being trapped in tvland. mystery spot would have been #1 fave but the last scene was sad in tone and clashed with the rest of the ep. they should have put that scene in the next ep.

Dragons
Ok now seriously
Probably that first Djinn

Nobody knew that he was an angel at the time tho.

It's on Fox. CW is a much smaller channel.
If Supernatural was on Fox it would be like prime X files ratings during S1-S5 for sure

>dean "came out" to cas
Season 8?

Episode 200.

b8
Everyone knows "TWD is good" is a normie meme and in reality it sucks ass. Only normie brainlets fangasm about it an "le who dies next" meme
It should end soon so maybe Lauren Cohan can get back to play Bela here

That first line made me rage.

I'm going to say Scarecrow. Or the Rabbit's foot, but that wasn't really a monster.

>>tfw it's actually good and not as girly as Sup Forums says
you sweet, innocent child. it's designed for women, it's not girly, it's not the same thing, it's designed to make women imagine those 2 brothers balls deep into each other, and the sooner you realize the better.

also the drama sort of made sense for a few seasons, but it just turns into meaningless women banter at some point without any underlying reason

the fights were also deus ex machina bullshit from episode 1, not that i mind once you turn off your brain, but don't try to convince yourself it's anything else

still enjoyed watching a few seasons of it, but don't be naive about why it has lasted so many seasons, and what's the real structure of the series

first of all, cw has fewer stations so reaches less households.

and second, "better" is subjective. to those who love shows like the walking dead, they would say twd is better than supernatural. it's because both fangroups want different things in the shows they watch. i, for example, like the humor, the rock music and the procedural-cop-style motw hunts and do not enjoy the focus on relationship dramas and schemes in twd.

>>his nephilim son tears open an alternate dimension and throws the cast (or some, I forget) in.
they unironically sent the cast to a new dimension to have a new season when they run out of ideas? wew

>it's designed to make women imagine those 2 brothers balls deep into each other

not true, actually. you're just seeing things that's not there probably because you're subconsciously wanting it.

>women banter

i have no idea where you get that from the show. again, i think it's just your subconscious making you see women banter.

>deus ex machina

not true. the greatest strength of the brothers is their wits and how they outsmart their opponents.

>imagine those 2 brothers balls deep into each other,
Ew no.
Only Dean is balls deep into Cass.

the new season is not about the new dimension. they're mostly doing motw in their current/original dimension.

>deus ex machina

You obviously do not know what that means.

>seeing things that's not there

Or more likely he's a trollb8poster who hasn't seen the show.

>i have no idea where you get that from the show. again, i think it's just your subconscious making you see women banter.
end of season 8 when they decide to not close the gates of hell because of women feelings that infect Dean, who for some reason at some point after basically sacrificing their whole lives for the fight, decide at that point to stop sacrificing when they could achieve their biggest victory

And in general all the drama in the series after the daddy issues are solved, and Sam decides to stop ignoring his family responsibilities, only make sense from a women's point of view.

>not true. the greatest strength of the brothers is their wits and how they outsmart their opponents.
except they don't, they are always fucked and thrown around by every single bad guy, every single time, who for some reason decides to toy with them instead of killing them, and then they overpower him at some point later when he makes a mistake. I mean it makes sense for Crowley because he kind of likes them, but not for any other enemy. It's a structure that works, and I understand why they do it, but let's not pretend they go really prepared for most fights, they just go, and are lucky and just sort of wing it at the moment

>women feelings that infect Dean
Not wanting your only family to die is being a woman now?
Ok.

I still can't believe the writers actually intended to kill off God and were only stopped by the CW execs. Wasn't the entire point of that story that neither God or the Darkness could be killed because doing so would literally destroy the universe? How the hell were they planning to kill off God without that occurring?

bad writing

>intended to kill off God
When was this? Must have been a first draft than got, thankfully, corrected.

No Dean, you are the Demons... idjit

>God dies
>Turns out that the universe would get destroyed without him while the Darkness is still there
>She learns about the good in humanity and finally understands why God loved them
>Decides to kill herself so the balance returns and everyone's saved
Or something?

At PHXCON 2016, actor Rob Benedict confirmed that there was an early draft in season 11 where God died. However the CW prevented this from happening. “There was an early script draft this season where God died. CW stepped in and said they couldn’t kill God.”

You're still in the early seasons, almost everyone agrees season 1-3 is telekino. It gets way worse

>Executives saving a show from stupid shit

What the hell is wrong with the writers?

Never saw the show until about 2 days ago.
Decided to marathon the entire season 1 in a day.
Can't believe I'd never bothered checking it out before.
Currently downloading the rest of it to binge watch.

>early draft
Yeah, a lot of crazy goes into early drafts, then they notice half the shit doesn't work and change it.
Probably there's even crazier shit that we don't know that got shafted.

I like 4-5 better than 3

Why can't God die?
Death already said he would reap God one day

God can die, but at the end of times.

I own this shirt

No need to be embarrassed user. I liked this one too.

>Deangivingthumbsup.jpg

Justed started watching it. At ep.5 right now and liking it a lot. Should I keep watching?

Season 1-5 are a must.
Nobody will judge you if you stop at season 6.

Yes. If you make it far enough just know that seasons 8-10 can get pretty rough but things perk up a bit after that.

But how are the seasons after 6?

They have their ups and downs.
Mostly meh with a few gems.
Season 11 is good though.

sharemovies.net/watch/mx52n7GR-supernatural-season-13.html

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.

I have a supernatural shirt that says "eat more pie" :)

10-13 are good

Based on other descriptors about purgatory yes it would seem but why anybody thinks that happened is beyong me

Baby among other eps

It's really good, it just went on too long.
Watch up to season 6 and the rest is basically the same formula with another enemy.

>crowly's mom is a milf

GONNA NEED A SOURCE