/prequelgeneral/

not natalie portman general.

Prequels suck ass. Happy we have new movies finally. Took them long enough, Empire Strikes Back was so long ago.

>people hate the prequels for not being like the original trilogy
>people hate the Disney movies for being too much like the originals
And don't even come at me with "muh bad acting" and "muh cheesey cgi"
Take your nostalgia glasses off and re-watch the originals retards. The effects didn't age well at all and most of the dialogue is just as fucking corny. Fuck Star Wars fans and fuck you OP.

>not natalie portman general.
Wow, how anti-Semitic

>people hate the prequels for not being like the original trilogy
I don't.
And there's a middle ground between
>totally unrecognizable
and
>shameless 1:1 copy

stop it

Stop what?

>always liked prequels, not as good as original trilogy, but comfy to watch on tv from time to time
>a shitload of people lose their shit, bully George so hard he sells Star Wars to Disney
>we get shit like TFA, fucking unwatchable, seen it in theater once and never watched it again
>they couldn't even come up with some interesting designs for ships, planets, vehicles, weapons etc etc

Thanks, you whiny faggots.

>>we get shit like TFA, fucking unwatchable, seen it in theater once and never watched it again
To be fair to TFA, it's a lot better the second time around.
It's still shit and anyone who says it's better than the prequels is a literal retard.

>you're alright user
>don't come to the ep8 premier

>>we get shit like TFA, fucking unwatchable, seen it in theater once and never watched it again
Man I remember when I went with my brother to see that, both of us were silent throughout and when we came out we just looked at each other and he said, "We just saw Episode IV again" and we promised never to watch it ever again

Phantom Menace is ironically one of my fav SW and how come I haven't seen OP's pic before?

Post more rare Menace stuff

Give me more greenscreen/bluescreen pictures to edit with specific backgrounds

Rules: not made for memes but for respect of the prequel trilogy

really? I liked it a lot less the second time. The first time was in 70mm imax, I could enjoy watching transformers in that theater.
Later I got it on bluray and was very underwhelmed.
The most interesting thing that happened in that film was finn & poes escape from the nazi ship, which ironically was mostly cgi. That scene was great in imax, doesn't look like anything at home.
I kind of concluded that all of the new marvel/disney flicks are basically optimized for the theater experience, which makes sense as their 'final solution' for the piracy/home video issue.

monthly reminder that the "yaddle puppet" was designed as a younger yoda, and was replaced in the script by qui gon gin.

Such a shame we don't have beauty like this anymore in Hollywood

>And don't even come at me with "muh bad acting" and "muh cheesey cgi"
>Don't say you dislike the movie because it fails standard metrics of movie quality

The effects, done in the 70s and 80s, have aged better than the prequels, done in the 90s and 00s.

>shameless 1:1 copy

Disney unfortunately wasn't going to let anyone do anything but this. They needed to make a movie that was palatable for the masses, yet also make a movie that didn't piss off the majority of SW fans.

I'm not saying it was perfect, I'd say maybe a 7.5 or 8 out of 10, but given the constraints I think everyone involved did a pretty damn good job.

But Hershlag's not dead, user

So it's okay TFA is shit and a rehash of A New Hope because it was done on purpose?
Unironically kill yourself.

>The effects, done in the 70s and 80s, have aged better than the prequels, done in the 90s and 00s.
The cameras used to film The Phantom Menace were completely brand new technology.
The cameras used to film Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Jedi were a bit newer, but nowhere near good, and were locked at a resolution of 1080.
The CGI looks bad and dated because the entire movie looks dated.

But I'd rather take bad and dated CGI of actually interesting designs than completely uninspired designs.

is she hanging off cloud city?

yoda looks a lot better in sith than clones, but it's not a huge difference and in sith, it doesn't look dated at all.

>is she hanging off cloud city?
no just a random sci fi image I found. Meant to represent how "angel like" she is.

No she's hanging off a Sup Forumsirgin's desktop

>Meant to represent how "angel like" she is.
>puts her in front of litreally hell

In my free time, I've been toying around with an edit of the prequels. I think the internet is entirely over-saturated with "phantom edits," but it's just fun to play with the footage and also watch it over and over again from an editing standpoint, looking at little things you might not notice as a regular viewer, and it's given me a new appreciation for the prequels themselves.

The puppet they wound up using (and replacing with comparably better CGI) wasn't that much of an improvement.

>fanedits
>special edition hate

Please don't and do something with your life instead

>Disney's gotta make money too guyz!

fucking end your life now

Try 2.5/10, bud

at this point, they've already profited from buying lucasfilm twice over.

I don't really hate the special editions. There's bad changes but also okay ones and good ones (pic related: it's a positive change).

It's just one of the things I tinker with in my free time but I completely understand the sentiment.