Punisher Hype Thread

>MUH FAMILY
>MUH GOBERMENT
>MUH GUNS
>MUH FIGHT
>MUH WAR

Anyone else stoked to see the Punisher tomorrow? I think Jon Berenthal has a decent chance of being a really good match for the character if Daredevil was any indication.

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/jon-bernthal-talks-punisher-choking-norman-reedus-and-1820412731
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>One batch, two batch

Already established right there.

The only reason anyone here will watch it is to see if he says Le'maskyew sum'

>le grimdark edgelord murder man

I'm kinda hyped for it, but the Thomas Jane Punisher will be hard to top.

>not wanting to watch one of the originals

kys

Punisher is literally the most boring character in the world. Foolkiller at least had an interesting angle with him. Punisher is just a typical boring constipated silent protagonist.

This dude plays the same role in every movie LOL

Oh fuck, it was fashionable to hate him today, delete this.

h-how u gon protect karen?

see
>sylvester stalline
>jean claude van damme
>steven seagal
>arnold Schwarzenegger

whats your point, fag?

The punisher works because every other hero is ineffective and refuses to do the moral thing, kill to prevent killing. He's a refreshing character because he doesnt go through the normal motions of a hero ie "I cant kill Big Bad because then I'd be Big Bad!!!".

Killing is wrong.

he's gonna growl and yell and all that shit which is totally not the punishers character at all

and I doubt script writers and directors bother to put introspective in the scenes
punisher works as a character study mixed with over the top violence. the punisher himself isn't a very good vehicle to guide audience through a plot

Killing is right.

I think it will probably be boring unless they try to make it stand apart from the other shows by making it really edgy.

it's funny when he's going waaaaaaah and losing his mind and shit in the trailers. literally none of the other punisher actors did that.

For u

Sweetie the correct spelling is Arnold Schwarzenafricanamerican stop being such a racist piece of shit

I just want it to be faithful to the Ennis run

I feel stupid for laughing at this

I think it will be redeeming if Frank simply just doesn't falter.

Everyone around him needs to question, but I don't want him to change his mind for even a second. He's supposed to be a representation of a black and white world, one where feelings only matter as and means to an end. Sure it's edgy, but the killing debate was only meant for Daredevil since it was central to his faith.

Not if it's an immoral person who has/will kill hundreds.

Going to watch it, but a review has the main plot being muh evil whiteys making it look like the nice innocent muslims/brown people were doing the bad things.
If it eats shit, then that's me and Marvel done for good. No more money from me. No more recommends to friends and family.
Endless shitposting online, doing my best to hit them where it hurts. Because I gotta get my entertainment somehow.

Would you kill baby Hitler?

It won't. In fact it will be negative numbers faithful to MAX

From traditional moral perspective, Stalin would be the correct choice, you'd save tens of millions.

No, murder is wrong. Killing can be either/or.

No, becuase if you kill Hitler the world would be massively different and as a result you'd have indirectly caused millions to not exist. You'd just become Hitler.

>I think it will be redeeming if Frank simply just doesn't falter.
Agreed. He should be absolutely sure in his actions, resolute. His allies will question him, actually contemplate or attempt to stop him, and they'll be proven wrong.

Why cant I just send baby Hitler to babyjail?

Oh wait shit.

Because the jew would rape him, and that wouldn't be moral at all. You've seen their fiction and can't deny this would be the case.

Stalin literally did nothing wrong.

>Hitler - pls peace
>Stalin - nuh uh, muh 6 million, war
I'm sure the gulag victims and everyone else killed in WW2 agrees with you.

Its Personofcolourafricanamerican

>MUH M'ask ya somethin Rick

>screaming and walking down an open hallway while firing a machine gun

MUH DIK

Hitler is a good guy now?
Uh okay

Fun film but not The Punisher. He was "Revenge Man".

No, I’d give his parents a letter to give him when he is older that explains the mistakes he made that led him to losing the war on Jews.

Does that mean we get a proper nick fury movie/series?

Is he one of the few right wing "heroes" left and our only hope? (maybe he's /ourguy/?)

>Muh super ptsd
>muh constant state of fight-or-flight

i wonder how the world would look like today if somebody killed baby Hitler

WW2 changed everything.

One thing for sure: way less jews in U.S. and way more in Europe.
Also no Israel.

>muh law
Frank never gave a shit about laws, he acts by his own set of rules.

No Punisher movie has ever lived up to Ennis MAX run and looking at the trailer this won't either. I mean Bernthal doesn't even look like the Punisher.

>replacing the xm177 with piece of shit commie gun

I mean I'm all for contrarian shit but god damn everyone knows the reliability legends regarding the ak are pure fiction

The Manlettisher

We're talking about The Punisher, not Snyder's Superman.

The scene in Daredevil s2 where he has Matt tied up on the roof was lifted almost verbatim from Ennis, and it was good.

Manlet status is acquired at 175 cm and below, friendo.

Maybe in Mexico

Yeah, but that wasn't MAX.

well they used the setting to have them talk with each other and give people a small insight in franks psyche.

the major point was left out though which was a huge let down if you know the comic

I've only seen the 2 seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Can I watch The Punisher or do I have to check all the other Defender shit?

>mfw I actually wanted him to be all tacticool and shit
>he should either be ripped or tacticool
>instead he's an average looking guy just in well fitted black clothes

I mean at least he had the skull now, but isn't the point that he's supposed to LOOK intimidating? To scare the criminals or whatever?

i'll watch it, but no high hopes. I mean can anyone name ONE time in the comics for Punisher when he had a "muh government" storyline that worked out?

seriously should have just followed the MAX storyline

>implying

>what happens when a no guns writes a character that knows guns

>Bernthal
I bet he can do a decent Dillon face

t. people who have never read a Punisher comic

>He fell for the 6' meme

average height male/females

United States 175.7 cm (5 ft 9 in) 161.8 cm (5 ft 3 12 in)

Mexico 167 cm (5 ft 5 12 in) 154 cm (5 ft 12 in)

United Kingdom – England 175.3 cm (5 ft 9 in) 161.9 cm (5 ft 3 12 in)

Germany 175.4 cm (5 ft 9 in) 162.8 cm (5 ft 4 in)

France 174.1 cm (5 ft 8 12 in) 161.9 cm (5 ft 3 12 in)

>muh XM177
They had metallic stocks, sounds like they gave him a regular M16 instead.

still better than an ak in terms of "stuff that works"

Wait it's out tomorrow?

>M16 better than an AK in terms of stuff that works
o i am laffin
actual soldiers in actual vietnam discarded the M16 for AKs when they were able.

yes

The M16 was a mess in the early years, that part is set around 1970 i think. Maybe they handed him some beater.

cos they couldn't get replacement parts, it was the first mass issue of the m16 and it had some issues with the magazines.

When Matt asks him is he ever has doubts he says "not even for a second"
That's all I want out of this. The storyline can be all about the big bag government so long as Frank never once has doubts about what he's doing.

Arnie had some range, but definitely played some similar roles.

>issues with the magazines
>and the ammo
>and the crappy barrels
>and no cleaning kits

Daredevil: "B-but what about hope?"
Frank: "Oh fuck...you wanna talk about Santa Claus?"

Darecuck eternally BTFO.

((((you))))

Why is Netflix's Grank a manlet dyel?

Why do they make the Punisher into a more brutal Jason Bourne? The portrayal in Daredevil S2 was spot on, Frank just goes around and violently killing people, why do they try to give the death of his family a higher meaning than "Randomly killed"? Frank is a psychopath, perfectly shown in "Born", he said to himself that he has a higher codex but he just enjoys killing, the death of his family is just an event that let old Vietnam Frank take over the personality of family man Frank, he was always like that.
I assume they show in flashbacks how much of a good person and Soldier Frank was and not that he was always exactly this guy we known as the Punisher.

Is that Sargent hatred?

Daredevil season 2 is the only prerequisite.

no way fag

(You)

It's not like Germany was lacking for far right bitter WW1 vets

aaaaaaand the reviews are shit, Daredevil was the only decent marvel show at this point

what is a good review for this? the ones I've seen are mostly crying about guns or crying about how it's not directly tied into the MCU enough

DARKNESS

to sum it up it's just a generic military war drama full of stereotypical characters, definitely not my cup of tea

Did you watch it? How much of the show is focused on law enforcement characters? I hope it's not a lot

Don't you have a country to run Justin?

ARs fucking sucked from a reliability standpoint for decades

Wow Berenthal legit seems like the nicest and most humble, gracious guy ever.

avclub.com/jon-bernthal-talks-punisher-choking-norman-reedus-and-1820412731

you sure will punish them, user

holy fuck i didn't realize this was tomorrow

unfortunately no. every Netflix show is somehow worse than the last one, and finding out Franks family got killed on purpose and not in a random accident really bugs me for some reason

3 AM EST tonight I think

Thomas Jane Punisher is the worst of the 3 Punisher movies though

it will be boring.

Ur dumb

The movie itself? Absolutely.
But Jane as the Punisher? He's got to be the best one. Yes, Stevenson was great too and Bernthal pulls his weight. But Jane has this something that they don't.

I think it's his voice