Was 'Cyclops was mean to a cloud' seriously the best thing they could come up with?

Was 'Cyclops was mean to a cloud' seriously the best thing they could come up with?

Or did they have something genuinely villainous in mind, and pussy out at the last second?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/All-New-Inhumans/
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Mosaic-Prelude/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Inhumans turned the media against him which was easy since he's already a filthy mutie. They were so good at it that even people who witnessed the whole thing started believing Cyclops was Hitler.

Running theory is Cyclops is hitler was put as canon well before any of the writers knew what he would do or who was writing it. Storm, Illyana, several other people who were there hated him even though they new what happened. Then they blamed the news but that still doesn't explain why the people present for the situation thought the same. Magik even called him a killer. Meanwhile the Inhumans didn't seem to care much about what he did and never mentioned it expressed any particular hate for him.

Edge-Lord Cyclops death is the best thing to happen to the X-Men.

I miss the Cyclops who was emotionally impotent, and constantly needed external interactions with the other X-Men to help validate his choices. The irony that the most insecure, self doubting member on the X-Men was the best field leader is delicious.

> They were so good at it that even people who witnessed the whole thing started believing Cyclops was Hitler.

fuuuuuuck that is dumb.

O5 Cyclops is Wrongclops.

It's like you don't even appreciate the cultural significance of the murder cloud.

I mean sure, if the long standing traditional Genetic Council was still around they would be against it too. But the new progressive Inhuman way is all about maintaining mutagenic clouds of death because they need it to get powers.

It would be like if it turned out Namor flooding the occasional city was to reveal hidden Atlantean bloodlines. Sure it would kill some people, but others would get blue skin and kick ass water breathing ability. You don't hate blue people do you?

One has to wonder why Marvel's Earth haven't been destroyed yet if their heroes are this fucking dumb.

They kept trying to make people hate him. Either he was so right even the writers couldn't beat him of they are incompetent. Also bendis fucked up his timing cutting whatever story they had in mind before battle world.

Pretty sure they made up this shit for him at the last minute. Like everything else it does not make sense.

Editorial needed a villain for Avengers vs XMen.

People who were children during the classic Claremont era have this unshakable belief that Cyclops is a worthless douchebag.

Mags is too much of a tragic, likeable guy to be unambiguously wrong these days (the movies and all) so the X-Men needed somebody to take the role of card-carrying villain who is unquestionably evil no matter how little sense it makes.

I can't wait until O5 Cyclops tries to fight Emma Frost. That's going to be an especially enjoyable slice of autism.

I ask mainly because they set up Cyclops being dead in the first Death of X issue, and everything 'he' did was Emma.

And so they could have had Emma do something horrific, and then vindicate Cyclops whenever they wanted after.

And instead we got 'how dare you look at our totally awesome death cloud.'

I mean at least have him blast Lockjaw on TV or something.

People still won't let Carol live that one down

Marvel should be banned from \co\ for awhile. They do nothing good every thread about them is about how shitty they are.

That is what I mean. There was some storyline we were supposed to get before that but it got cut and instead we got cykes showing up with a phoenix egg right before the multi verse winked out.

I support this.

I don't think we were "supposed" to get that storyline

It was just what Hickman wanted to do with the characters to show off the stakes of his story.
>The Builders are such a huge threat that the galactic empires have to team up with the Brood and the fucking Annihilation wave because the Builders are so much worse. Oh wait Thor just killed one single handed, everyone become an Avenger and you can too
>Add Hyperion to the Avengers so that when Starbrand and Nightmask fight all of the Avengers you can see how much more powerful they are

Nova needs support if it remains good

No amount of support can save it. It's already at cancellation numbers.

Nigga, the entire Marvel Universe has already been destroyed like, 8 times by now. They just ask Franklin Richards to put it back every time.

It's already cancellation numbers and it's only at issue 2. At this point, there's pretty much no amount of support that'll make it survive past issue 6.

Then we at least gotta have marvelfags with good taste know Rich was back for a while and there was SOMETHING we could read.

Also Thor MIGHT be back soon, somehow.

crap, meant to quote , not

Volume 8 is already fucked. Best thing to do now is hope it goes better next time around.

Holy shit this is a right winger view of the Migrant crisis in comic book form, except it's portrayed as something good.

>Best thing to do now is hope it goes better next time around.
First we hope for quality again next time, THEN we think about success.
They say they're trying to get their shit together, let's see if they mean it.

The Inhumans aren't heroes. They're typically neutral.

When they aren't doing outright evil. Terrigen bombs, slave engines and Alpha Primitive slaves aren't things heroes should make.

Doing good and bad is kinda what makes them neutral

Sauce?

They tried to retcon it to "Inhuman PR is unbeatable"

It's the one that makes the most sense really, just like how the reveal of what Fury told Thor to make him unworthy will be equally as weak.

Bendis' Original Sin tie in lasted so fucking long it reached secret wars and it actually had to silently get rid of Wolverine after they altered the past and got back to the will reading scene because death of wolverine happened.

Truly their PR department is run by someone worse than Hitler.

It's a tumblr dyke who's special ability is manipulating people's emotions and brainwashing them to her viewpoint via telepathy and dreams. She markets herself as a quirky queer latinx who's misunderstood and using said pity has become a diplomat for the Inhumans directly under Medusa's/Crystal's command. She takes orders from Medusa/Crystal to brainwash foreign dignitaries on the downlow to tow the Inhuman Agenda, while lying to people that the only power she got was her lizard tail from her terrigenesis. She also loves to show how active she is on twitter and championing Inhumans through social media and is lightly hinted at keeping the other Inhumans in line with Medusa's command by selectively augmenting their emotions and personality like Jean Grey did to Bobby (to be fair Swain hasn't turned anyone gay...yet).

Plus Shield has been infiltrated by the Inhumans by Quake being a member and Mosaic body hopping from agent to agent to supposedly steal Coulson's Car but I wouldn't be suprised that wasn't an act of espionage for Medusa's new world order with Inhumans.

This would be great if Inhumans were marketed as a neutral venturing evil group that was doing game of thrones bullshit for an empire but it's absolute shit because they're supposed to be not only the "misunderstood abused minority" but also the shining stars of heroics. I can't wait till the Inhumans fuck off back to space and never come back, especially if they take this piece of shit, Kamala, and Mosaic with them.

>It's a tumblr dyke who's special ability is manipulating people's emotions and brainwashing them to her viewpoint via telepathy and dreams. She markets herself as a quirky queer latinx who's misunderstood and using said pity has become a diplomat for the Inhumans directly under Medusa's/Crystal's command. She takes orders from Medusa/Crystal to brainwash foreign dignitaries on the downlow to tow the Inhuman Agenda, while lying to people that the only power she got was her lizard tail from her terrigenesis.
Wait are you being serious?

It's more empathy and nudging than outright telepathy

But yeah

>Holy shit this is a right winger view of the Migrant crisis in comic book form, except it's portrayed as something good.
Gotta love the left, eh?
>[budum-tss]

With powers like those, I'm surprised that she doesn't try to maniulate Medusa.

Half of this is you making shit up.

Because her power isn't actually that strong. She uses it to try and get information from people several times and fucks up.

It's more akin to her being seen as somewhat warm and charming by others, making them more open to talking with her.

Further proof that Rich has the absolute worst fanboys

It's weird on how her power works. She calls it nudging to assuage her guilt about it possibly being mind control but it's shown that she can force a person to conform to her thinking/will with effort. Even when she calls it nudging people she's "nudged" admit that they can feel her trying to change them and it's unpleasant (Living Dream) which gives off pic related vibes. She tried complete mind control in Monsters Unleashed on one of the monsters but got psychic backlash when the monster resisted and went feral. So for all intents and purposes it's telepathy/mind control but she's not in complete control of her powers yet.

why cant she just Magikally teleport the clouds away?

Jean should be disintegrated for turning booby gay

fuck her

It's something like the energy bending from the end of atla. It's a two way street which is why when it fails she gets controlled, like with living dream and the kaiju. Whoever wins the emotional tug of war is in control.

When the Living Dream took over her body, he used her powers to influence the Inhuman who powers their ship into attacking Sin-Cong

Hey, Tom. You don't have to be a fan of Rich to see how quickly this installation of Nova will be over.

Are not-Rich fans even keeping track of its sales, though? Most other people have no reason to watch it waiting for it to tank (it's not offensive like the agenda books), or wanting for it to succeed.

I wish I was making this shit up because at least it wouldn't be canon. Most of this can be seen in All-New Inhumans with her being introduced in the first issue and explained shortly afterwards. There were story-times of it or you can read it at readcomiconline.to/Comic/All-New-Inhumans/

Quake is an Inhuman who's a Shield Agent and it was showed that Crystal put pressure on her to use her position as a Shield Agent to support the Inhumans in Sin-Cong. She notes that Crystal has been asking a lot of her and Shield might push back against her this time. (All-New Inhumans #2)

Jovanna opens up to Australian dignitaries acting as a diplomat and one dignitary is present via virtual communications and derides her and the Inhumans as liars because they could be using their powers to affect their minds or create an illusion. She comments that she has no powers like that and all the terrigenesis gave her was a lizard tail. (All-New Inhumans #1). I think this is also the same issue where she says that Medusa has her "nudge" people into siding with the Inhumans but they keep it secret because people might react badly and this is all for the greater good. To be fair I know it's in All-New Inhumans but it might be in a latter issue. Also Crystal created a false flag operation against the mutants to sell her agenda to the Australians and did not tell Swain about it so her genuine reaction could sell the lie.

In a latter All-New Inhumans book she laments if she does not know if she is mind-controlling everyone or they're genuine about their emotions. It also tugs on the fact that she's becoming more uneasy with Medusa's/Crystal's orders for her to "nudge" people but she's spineless and wants to fit in with the cool All-New Inhumans so she's not going to rebel. (All New Inhumans #2-#3)

Mosaic's preview book showcased him stealing Coulson's car by infiltrating Shield in his Prelude.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Mosaic-Prelude/

Why does Ewing like this character so much anyway?

How are civilians reacting to the Inhumans popping up? Are they treating them as freaks like they do with mutants?

Why didn't they just put the mist in Limbo or the Moon or anywhere else? Or the mutants? It's a giant fucking universe, they don't need to not exist within it at the same time. The inhumans don't even need to leave. It's like "Oh, you might be one of us? Let's teleport you to our toilet dimension and you can breathe our farts for a while."

Because the Inhumans suddenly and for inexplicable reasons decided that controlled terrigenesis is flawed. Exposing thousands all at once is the way to go.

Well they can do it occasionally, then. They can have the third week of every month and the mutants can go hang out and play Backgammon on the moon.

It's literally her fucking power

Because Marvel can't build an Event around reasonable people, they need idiots, assholes, and idiotic assholes.

Didn't they punish Black Bolt for this? Or why was Medusa so pissed at him for that?

People have been shown running towards the clouds with hope that they will gain powers. There seem to be nearly 0% fatal cases of the cocoon process now (except for Flint's entire town, but fuck if that will be brought up again)

This is now a Hypercrisis thread

They stripped him of his title as King. Except they ask for his help to save their asses every other week because they're fucking helpless without him. So he's still their big gun, he just doesn't have the responsibility of ruling.

Instead he's running a fucking bar like a midlife crisis

It was just corporate Disney trying to destroy the X-men franchise and at the same time launch the Inhuman nothing into a franchise off their corpse because Fox won't give back the movie rights. There is no good or relevant story here.

Cyclops is still right.

Marvel is really bad at making Cyclops the bad guy.

just been kind of down on Mahvel in general since AVX

He's not hot in bed unlike the Human Torch.

I don't know if this has been addressed in story, but I think Beast actually kidnapped them from another dimension not from the past. Jean from that dimension is actually a villain to be, and it won't be realized by the others until the inevitable next Phoenix event. Bitch Jean will get the Phoenix and try to turn everyone gay.

Is Hypercrisis still a thing? I thought instances of it died out recently.

Do I think they pussied out? No

Do I think they didn't plan it out until recently, but only had a vague idea of how it was supposed to go before then? Yes.

All they knew was "Scott did something bad to inhumans, now everyone hates him", that's as much as they really planned it out. They create a reason for it later, and usually those reasons suck.

>People have been shown running towards the clouds with hope that they will gain powers.

>Just being a regular civilian doing civilian things
>See this weird fucking looking cloud down the street
>Looks kinda poisonous
>Terrorist attack maybe?
>Nah, I'm just going to run right into it because it might give me super powers

Are these people fucking retarded or what

These are Marvel civilians we're talking about.

>Marvel Citizens

Remember, it's only bad when you are born with powers, and good when you get them from accidents

>See this weird fucking looking cloud down the street
Even worse, I think it's a miles wide and high fart. Those civilians probably stay hours within it, at least, like it or not.

Oh but HEY, guess they can always run far away from their homes, for who knows how long, if they don't like the idea of becoming inhumans, possibly being disfigured or geting killed, right?

Literally not how neutral works except in Bethesda games.

>Inhuman PR is unbeatable
Fucking peanut allergies.

>There seem to be nearly 0% fatal cases of the cocoon process now (except for Flint's entire town, but fuck if that will be brought up again)
And Thane's entire town
And the half of Red Raven's kingdom that wasn't turned into monsters
And any Inhumans that come out "wrong" and get cleaned up by assassins working for the Royal Family to prevent bad press
And Inferno's family

And lord knows how many Inhumans have been caught in the cloud and been killed or maimed by secondary terrigenesis that simply haven't been mentioned because Marvel forgot secondary terrigenesis is a thing that fucks up 2/3rds of purebred Inhumans with worse survival rates for Nuhumans. Fuck me this event was retarded.

and SMTIV

What hurts more is that the excuse is simply "the mist doesnt do that anymore" for when people bring up the high fataloty rates, shit mutations, and secondary terrigenesis

>the mist doesnt do that anymore
Has anyone actually said that or is Marvel just not showing it?

They just never mentioned it again

Maybe it was their PR girl again

>I can't wait till the Inhumans fuck off back to space and never come back, especially if they take this piece of shit, Kamala, and Mosaic with them.
That will happen the day Disney get's the movie rights from Fox. Until then we'll have to suffer them because they need more shitty characters to shove into marvel movies.

She was already controlling the Inhuman that was the ship's engine before the Living Dream.

Her powers work to make people like her and come around to her point of view. She admits that she doesn't have full control over said powers and can never be sure if people like her genuinely or because of her powers.

Because. Fucking Storm couldn't do anything about them even though they moved with wind patterns

I'm reminded of that one guy who got terrigenisis and was turned into an ancient old dude who stole youth from people. And then Crystal went full cunt on him when he was rightfully pissed off about it.

Nah. After the Innies fuck off, there'll be an 'Eternals bomb' to be the convenient reason for mass superpowers.

"They" didn't do shit. Black Bolt relinquished it because Medusa gave him an ultimatum to either fight her for the throne, or fuck off. He chose the latter obviously because he wasn't about to fight his wife. She ended up using her newfound power to annul the marriage soon after anyway and then shacked up with he sister's first love, a much younger man.

Also, for a "big gun" he sure doesn't do shit. Every time the inhumans might need him, he gets BTFO like it's nothing. Guy got overpowered by Emma Frost and outsmarted by Dazzler. Also taken care of like an afterthought by Tony Stark. Strongest inhuman my ass, he's a joke now.

He saved them when Ennilux showed up to take back Iso, he worked with Medusa to save Ahura from Kang and killed a version of Ahura in the process, he was the gun that Medusa used to "kill Cyclops" for daring to stop the death cloud from killing mutants

He works with Attilan more often than not.

>tfw Inhumans are Sup Forums

Fuck I hate this costume. Why the fuck is Black Bolt wearing football pads

The readers were always meant to root for Cyclops and the X-Men right from the start. The entire conflict is just another example of the X-writers being entitled snowflakes and throwing another team under the bus for a contrived genocide story. They did the exact same shit with AvX where it was a non-stop "Cap and the Avengers are fascists!" wankfest. The Inhumans were never meant to be popular. Not with the well being poisoned against them.

She never tried. Even after Mageto nuked their battleship.