Fantastic Beasts 2 first look

comicbook.com/movies/2017/11/16/fantastic-beasts-2-title-and-first-look-cast-photo-revealed/

>The Crimes of Grindelwald

Why are they bringing the fat guy back? His story was done and I thought the next one would be in a completely new place.

can they not just retcon the shapeshift at the end and keep colin farrell?

Fuck off Depp, you too Ezra.

that "fat guy" is the main bad guy of this era

>casting directors still think people want to see Johnny Debt and his meme haircut

Farrell was about a million times better in the first film.

he means the polish guy

I meant the Muggle guy

I see Johnny derp is going for that weird look again

*completely ruins movie and destroy all interest in further movies in an instant*

I know, I was joking

I saw the first fantastic beast and all I remember is the main character was an asshole all the time. Lol at johnny depp in OP pic.

literal men of action

I thought Ezra Miller died in the first one? Also, Jude Law looks stupid with that beard. Can't wait to see him play tonsil hockey with Grindelwald though.

He was an autist, not an asshole

Johnny Depp is gonna do great y'all just a bunch of haters

>Depp instead of Colin Farrell
WHyyyyyyyyyyyy

I dont think Depp has been in a good movie since the first pirates of the caribbean.

He was just VA in Rango so that doesnt count

so weird the JK the biggest sjw in the industry still makes the least sjw works of fiction

Why does the cast look like a diversity quota checklist?

so is voldemore gonna show up in this series?
don´t care about harry potter but the first beasts looked promising even if I still haven´t watched it

looking at his credits, this is not hyperbole. The only decent thing he was in was that one episode of Life's Too Short - literally everything else has been trash (except Rango)

He was the best character in first movie. I glad they bring him back.

He was alright in Sweeney Todd as well.

>one asian and one black
>8 whites
>waaaaa muh diversity le white genocide

They had Colin Farrell giving a perfectly good performance only to replace him with pudgy Johnny Depp with a half assed David Lynch haircut.

terrific

he was everyones favorite in that clusterfuck, he's the only charismatic character in that whole era actually. there's no way jude law or ezretard miller bring anything entertaining to the table.

>No Colin Farrell
> Johnny "Alcoholic" Depp & Lipstick "Faggot" Flash

Dropped.

He will be good guys comon, he's an actor that works best in a movie where you don't have to pay too much attention to him. This role is perfect. He will do his wackjob acting thing and it'll be fine bc the movie isn't about him

first beasts was a great film you should watch

What the fuck does this have to do with Fantastic Beasts anymore?

Finally I get to fap to eddie redmayne again. it's been too long

>I saw the first fantastic beast and all I remember is the main character was an asshole all the time

What are you talking about?

I think it taking place in the 30s already makes it a must watch for me. love that time period

This but unironically

why are all these actors fucked by sex assault claims but johnny depp got off from beating a woman up

the main character is a trap and dumbledore and grindelwald are both fags

>Johnny Depp again

>but johnny depp got off from beating a woman up
Because it was proven to be bullshit

Pretty sure it was the 20's sempai

what user means is he wanted to put his dick in newt the cute's asshole

>jude law as dumbledore

nice

Porpentina looks good

even better that means no gangster stuff

What the fuck happened to Redmayne's face

>The exact moment I lost any and all interest in the series. Perfectly encapsulated in one image.
Depp ruins everything

the entire pic is airbrushed to hell and back

>Wake up in the morning
>Remember Johnny Depp is actually Grindelwald and not Colin Ferrell

He didn't deserve it!

Dumbledore got a better hairline as he got older, must be magic.

Is Johnny Depp ever going to play a somewhat normal role again?

So they really are going for the gay thing?

I opened the picture with that exact mindset but you’re fucking dumb. There’s like 98% white actors pictured

This. What the fuck was so wrong with based Colin that they felt the need to replace him? Is Depp still even a selling point?

What do you mean? Them being lovers is 100% canon, can't really change that.

>Best Girl is back

Nice. What is it about the 30s/40s look?

I weep for the cinematic world when people are producing sequels to a spin-off of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

what a fucking god awful name

there are going to be five movies.

I guess he didnt want to be tied down. Depp is a notorious franchise whore.

Bruh, you tipped your fedora too hard

>What is it about the 30s/40s look?

pure aesthetic

They were not lovers, only Dumbledore was gay and in love, while the other just manipulated him through it.

It’s only canon in the sense that 10 years after the book was written JK took to Twitter with
>oh yeah btw Dumbledork was gay LOL

>five movies
Wew laddy! I even liked the first one but good God

>A woman will never look at you like this

JUST

Jared Harris should have been Dumbledore

>only white man x non white woman relation ships
>all the women look attractive and dress feminine
if all "diverse" films were like that I would be OK with it

I didnt download the first one, and i'm not downloading the 2nd one either.

Thanks for letting us know user I don't know if my day would've been the same without knowing

>Claudia Kim
Dick expanding

Why did they killed that emo kid while he wasn't doing anything and nobody said anything about police brutality?

>implying you have anything better to do
There are worse ways to spend an hour and a half. It was somewhat entertaining if not for the aesthetic alone. The costumes and the little bits they had the actual fantastic beasts were good

>Ezra again
Didn't his character die?

I fucking laughed hard. Thank you user.

Yeah, I liked it as well. The central plot and ending were relatively shitty but it had a comfy aesthetic, the actors were all good and it was nice to see experienced adult wizards and witches instead of kids. It was nice seeing a film in the Potter world not constrained by the school setting.

no, Redmayne sees him fly away in his magic cloud form but says nothing

Why are wizards such jews

Seriously, their romance is the only thing I remember from the first movie

No Farrell means no interest.

>depp's stupid dumb looking face

this, I liked their part so much it made the movie bearable, the rest was from meh to snorefest

Since Eddie Redmayne's acting was the only thing remotely good about the first movie, this one has exactly two things to look forward to: Redmayne and Jude Law.

>le asian girl falls for the white loser trope

ITS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT

>Johnny Depp

Lol. No thank you.

What gives you that impression? Ezra's not fat and the actual fat guy already has a waifu.

>no minority male leads

rowling is such a fake progressive

>implying best grill isnt this

get your shitty opinion outta here

More like Cringelwald, amirite?

Looks extremely homosexual.

>the main character is a trap
WHAT?

one of the major appeals of the HP franchise for me was that almost all actors were british. to me fantastic beasts has no charm (no pun reddintented)

>(((ezra miller)))
>white

He's talking about how Eddie played a transsexual in the Danish girl.
Honestly, I wanted more of what's in the title, the fantastic fucking beasts, every scene with them is great ,everything else to do with Ezra miller being a homicidal fart can fuck off.
Why can't this movie be Newt taking on magic poachers while searching for an ultra rare beast with his fat friend in tow, like fucking make it Ace ventura with magic dammit!

it's true

They made the predictable mistake of connecting it too closely to the main Potter story. I really hoped that the first film was going to be what you wanted and introducing Dumbledore and Grindelwald means we're getting up to our neck in prequel shit now. It's a wasted opportunity for something fun in the Potter world.

oh, yeah. johnny depp
why was there johnny depp?

Nice one!

>first movie was incredibly boring
>have plans to make 5 sequels

yeah no. Fingers crossed these flop.