R.I.P. DCEU 2013-2017

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/04/14/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-is-the-most-incoherent-blockbu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

UNITE
THE
CRITICS

I’m still baffled as to what went wrong. DCs heroes are arguably more popular and famous than Marvels yet they manage to flub it all up

When will RT release the score?

Zack Snyder.

>le crybaby nu-male hillary shill face

>problematic fave

when WB have hit the 5th phase of 5 stages of depression.

t. crybabby DC drumpfling
OH IM LAFFIN

It’s really amazing when you think about it, how a D list superhero like Thor does better than fucking Batman or Superman

This could have been averted if Warner had done 2 things: hire better directors, and stop demanding reshoots and script changes shortly before release.

>Marvelfag opinions
And into the trash it goes.

Why can't DC films make films of existing comic series like Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder by Frank Miller or The Flash of Two Worlds?

"I-I don't get it. This guy is a literal god. W-why would he help ordinary people? Why wouldn't he just dominate everybody and be an actual scary god ruler of Earth?"

"Uh, because he's not a fucking psychopath?"

"No, no. That can't be it."

>Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder by Frank Miller
ARE YOU DENSE? ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHING?

What about this movie makes you losers try so hard?

>Zack Snyder.

This. Superheroes are fun, lighthearted, role models, comics/cartoons/toys for kids

Marvel gets it, but DC is shooting for the "mature" audience lmaooooooooos

96% fresh.

No, that can't be it

My sides.

They scrambled too quickly and sloppily to catch up to the success of Marvel when the Avengers was fucking five years ago. They made the team up movie before establishing 60% of the main characters. They quite literally put the horse in front of the cart.

This wouldn't be the worst thing if they'd have stuck to their guns, but critic and fan scrutiny led to them backpedaling so hard that they moved on to straight up copying the Marvel movie formula instead of continuing their own (admittedly boring but still different) tone and style. Thus the reshoots and recasts and tonal clusterfucks.

The best plan at this point would be to completely wipe the slate clean but they've invested too much time and money to do that.

t.soyboy

Imagine, just fucking imagine, how much money Disney threw at all these sites to slander the very movie they were afraid of. Tens of millions of dollars wasted on a biggest slander campaign of the century (Trump's presidential run is nothing in comparison). And you know what's the best part? Justice League will still make more than Avengers. I'm laughing to myself just thinking about it.

>Man of Steel Was Their First Mistake

But MoS is the best superhero movie ever and the only good DCEU movie.

>put the horse in front of the cart.
But that's the correct way of pulling a cart...

>Robbie Collin
lol

Jesus Christ it was an adequate 3 star movie. Why do critics have such a hate boner for dc?

Am I the only one who sees a rabbit facing right?

>if i use their own insults at them they lose their power!

fuck off estronaut

I was expecting 800 million box office.

Now 600 is more realistic.

>DCs heroes are arguably more popular and famous than Marvels

Not any more user. Times have changed drastically

NOT

QUIPPY

ENOUGH

I saw the bird first, what does this say about my personality?

Maybe if you're a fucking MARVELBABY

BUT THEY WERE HYPING THIS UP FOR YEARS
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PERFECT

>DC heroes are more popular
not since len wein fixed the x-men in the 70s

When will people stop pretending Wonder Woman was good?

who is he quoting? Is he making fun of Jack Snyder?

Wonder Woman is the Citizen Kane of the DCEU movies.

I guess so! It’s a strange world when Iron Man and Thor are more popular than Superman or the Flash

>“[Superman] is the freaking […] biggest superhero on the planet. He’s the father of every superhero. [Deborah and I] were just talking about this – I’m like, really? Thor? Thor has a movie? [Laughter.] Really? I mean, come on. And there’s no Superman movie? This is, like, the world’s out of balance. It’s like, we’ve lost our minds here, people, come on.”

I don't think Thor is that popular, Iron man probably

>listening to Robbie Collin
>ever

"It’s a Men’s Rights loon’s dream of meathead orthodoxy, and leaves you wondering if Mad Max: Fury Road and Star Wars: The Force Awakens actually happened. Imagine Affleck, standing shirtless in a dungeon, repeatedly thumping a bus tyre with a sledgehammer. Got it? Good: that’s not just what the film feels like, it’s a real scene from it. And that’s all you need to know."

telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/04/14/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-is-the-most-incoherent-blockbu/

He's such a cuck he makes Mark Kermode look alpha.

Nice one. #gamergate

lmao is that an actual quote by him?

COME TOGETHER

>yfw Warner Bros intentionally made their DC movies shitty all along
>They knew they could never top Nolans trilogy, so instead of trying to top them, they went in the other direction and topped joel schumachers Batman movies in terms of worst capeshit ever
>Produce the heaping pile of shit that is Justice League as cherry on top of the shit cake
>Hire Matt Reeves and James Wann
>Now we can start making good movies, and peoples expectations will be so dirt low that when they see the new Batman and Aquaman films they will think they are a literal gift from god because everything before it was so awful

Kinda genius desu..

Imagine having testosterone levels this low

>"dude just turn your brain off"
LMAOING

You like cocks.

Soyboys should all be forced to join a 2 hour boxing class once a week and have the bitch whooped out of them. I bet their behaviour would drastically change.

>MUH NOLAN!!!!!
nolanfags should be gassed

And now a Thor movie is getting a better review and (might) get more audience than a movie with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in it.

Oh, the irony.

Jokes on you I'm a masochist

3 stars out of what, 10?

So do you hate Batman then? Because aside from Nolans 3 Batman films, when has Batman EVER been good in film?

Hey dick head there was a Superman movie literally 5 years before you said this

God i hate Snyder

Hello, underage?

Batman Returns was kino

Because they tried to take them in a different direction. Man of Steel was a Superman movie that only worked if the audience was willing to forget everything they knew about Superman and watch him be built from the ground up. It failed because nobody has wanted to reconsider Superman as a character since 1978. Meanwhile, Marvel succeeded especially well because normies had no fucking clue who most of the Avengers were, so even if they did deviate from expectation, nobody really cared except for the most hardcore fans, and they went to see the movies anyway.

The shame of it is that pretty much every subsequent movie in the franchise was then undercut by executive meddling in an attempt to appease crybaby audiences. I just hope that Snyder steps up and recuts his own version of JL for a Blu-Ray release, then I can let the DCEU rest in peace, and god help us with whatever executively-mandated, inoffensive quip-fest rises in its place.

Tim Burton's movies are good.
Also
>Nolans 3 Batman films
The only remotely good thing about Dark Knight Rises is For You meme. Other than that it was Uwe Boll tier shitfest

yeah but the rabbit I'm seeing has had its skull cleaved

>we're not doing justice to superman, we need to make a movie about him
>makes a movie where he's a whiny, violent, neck-snapping monster
Is this guy LITERALLY retarded?

Are you retarded?

I really think the problem DCEU has is WB wanting to catch up to MCEU. The natural progression was supposed to be

MoS -> MoS2 -> Batman -> BvS

WB wanting to catchup cut MoS2 and Batman jumping directly to BvS to spring up their Avengers movie - JL.

Nobody cared about the characters in JL, only Superman, Batman and WW had some story in them and WW's atrocious acting is fucking unbearable and without Pine to prop her up, she's atrocious to watch.

Now, should we expect a Snyder cut? Probably but I don't think it'll change the quality much. The story is pretty much straight forward of gather team - defeat big bad. Snyder had lots of story to create in MoS as the deconstruction of Superman and in BvS were its basically MoS2 + Batman and the aftermath of MoS1. There's really nothing to to prop up JL, it is as it is

Is it Weedon who decide to revive sups?

too late, batman overlap

holy fucking shit my sides

Literally who?

So many laughs in one image, bravo. One of which I don’t even recognize the source image.

He/she is not wrong. Maybe you are the one who is retarded.

Not or—AND!!

LOOK AT THIS DUDE

Don't be obtuse. you know he means 5

I feel like that would't have happened if people didn't throw such a fit about Man of Steel, though. It's pretty clear that BvS was the result of someone at WB saying "Shit, people aren't interested, better get Batman in there ASAP!".

I wholly disagree that they were "rushing" to the team movie, though. Capeshit has forced this terrible mentality that no movie can stand on its own without three origin movies to prop it up. JL could have been just fine, it's not like there has never been a stand-alone movie about multiple heroes coming together to save the world before.

They know better than those pesky comics artists. Don’t forget that Sin City and Watchmen were virtually panel by panel rips. It can be done, but the success of translation hinges on the RT score, ya dig?

Are you implying that the Flash has ever been popular

Because it's not Marvel, and everything is a competition. How else do you expect people to know how smart and how refined your taste is if you don't make it clear that you were on the winning team all along?

HOLY SHIT! LOOKS LIKE CAPEKINO IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS. IGNORE THE OP

No. Just no. This bullshit MEME has got to go. There is no scrambling when a property has fifty years of proven history and content. They simply have not told a heartfelt story, and the only time they did it was an Expy of Captain America 1.

why are there so many capeshit threads on this shithole board. fuck off manchildren.

Ironic shitposting is still...what was it again?

>She
Where are you from?

Exactly

>That time he shit-talked Ant-Man before it ended up being one of the biggest surprises of that year.

Adequate? So thy should beat up Marvel because of its success, but give DC a pass because of its failures?

Estamos caminhando para uma "quase flopagem" pois Liga da justiça é ainda mais cara que BvS . Toda a Marvelização da DC não funcionou(eu avisei) e temos um novo fracasso nível Batman do Joel Shumacher . Aliais esse é o primeiro fracasso da carreira do Joss Whedon que já esta querendo tirar o corpo fora porém todas as regravações, edição final e corte final foi dele e ele, inocentemente, achou que inserir formulas Marvel em personagens DC funcionaria. Ficou provado que a culpa nunca foi do tom.

>fifty years of proven history and content
>thirty years with all characters under the same company
>only make a crossover movie after someone else proved it viable
>botch it completely

They did rush things to catch up when they should hve been trend-setters.

Len Wein? Don’t you mean Byrne and Claremont?

>all non-white

really makes you thing

Cis Shitlord detected.

>Trayvon martin
Who?

this 2bh but couldn't be arsed to post

sopa

Holy shit. A shirtless,straight man in a movie, in the middle of (then) 2016!
I'm so posting this on my gender neutral,vegan,vaping Tumblr

eu só venho aqui para merdapostar.