What's the moral behind BH?

What's the moral behind BH?

You are what you do.

Not every story has a single moral.

It's certainly not something said by one of the characters since they're all clueless assholes.

Some people are garbage.

This:

You should marry someone who is like your mommy but lets you have sex with her. That was what I learned.

Being rich and doesnt stop you from being a fuck up.

Materialism doesn't matter, relationships do

Its healthy and important to have a network of support but at the end of the day you can only really achieve happiness though genuinely loving yourself.

That's what /r9k/ wants.

You have only yourself to blame

What did you guys gather from the ending of last season?
I'm a little late to the debates.

That the writers are fucking hacks.

This is basically it. Until you fix "you", really, really fix you, your problems will always keep coming back. Some people have tendencies towards Self-destruction, and they have to actively work against that.

That this whole exchange was shit.

I mean the horses running, specifically.
What the fuck was that? Some group of horses in this world live as "wild" or something?

You are who you choose to be.

Life sucks then you die

Life is not for everybody

DING! You got it user also nihilism attracts qts and cash

Lots o things.
The one that has stuck with me strongest was that knowing that you're a bad person and feeling bad about it is not an excuse to continue doing bad things.

Here's a simple one that most people are missing:

DRUG ABUSE RUINS YOU LIFE AND THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT

Seriously, 90% of Bojack's shit was done when he was drinking or high to various degrees. Sober Bojack would still be miserable, but he'd be a much better person.

>Sober Bojack would still be miserable
then Bojack wouldn't be sober for long.

Don't hurt the people that care about you?

Yeah but drugs are fun sometimes so...

I'd like to know this as well. I felt like the end of season 3 wasnt as great as the last two.

Although maybe its just because Season 1 had a bitching finale song and Season 2 had a nice 'gettin' the band back together' vibe

If you're chronically depressed, wealth and fame won't automagically fix that.

There is not a single heterosexual man on earth that doesn't want this. Even if the label of "Mom" grosses them out it's the idea behind it that matters.

So don't be stupid and abuse drugs then, only use the legal ones in a reasonable manner. Marijuana and alcohol for fun, tobacco and coffee for work, it's not that hard.

Don't work in Hollywood.

This one seems to get ignored a lot. The main characters problems are often perpetuated, worsened, and outright encouraged by the toxic Hollywoo machine.

A lot of them owe their wealth to Hollywood.

The Secretariat jokes flew over my head until last week.

Yes, that's the reward. Pretty much the whole show is exploring what that wealth comes at the cost of.

DUDE

>Mr Peanutbutter fucks up the Oscar nominees
>wrong nominee gets called up in real life
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

Is this another case of meme magic?

don't blame other things/people for your own mistakes

>you can only really achieve happiness though genuinely loving yourself.

Welp, time to do what Bojack never could.
Kill myself.

Nihilism. Life is meaningless and pointless and any happiness you find in it will be fleeting and temporary.

nah, just more proof that God ran out of ideas for advancing reality in 2015 and is now plagiarizing fiction.

It doesn't have one.

It has themes, though.

>The cycle of self-loathing fueling bad decisions which leads to further self-loathing and so on.

>Being unhappy even when given everything you supposedly want.

>Trying to improve but repeatedly giving in because it's hard.

Bojack invokes these thoughts most often when he's doing something or has done something wrong.

>yfw they abandon all of these themes in favor of insulting trump

Next season is gonna be so fucking bad.

Next season explicitly isn't about that. He said he WOULD'VE made it about that if it were written after the election.

Oh good, an entire season of virtue signaling. Although this idea tickled me a little if it was going to be the next season"

>Mr. Peanutbutter's mayoral campaign is sabotaged by Diane trying to get feminist brownie points
>Results in der Trumpenfuhrer becoming mayor of California

If you try to run away from your past like Secretariat, you'll just end up suicidally depressed.
If you just keep living in the past refusing to ever look ahead like Bojack, you'll just end up suicidally depressed.
Just try to live in the now like Mr. Peanutbutter.

You have to improve yourself. Your own happiness is your own responsibility, you just need to work towards being a better person. Which the show acknowledges is a difficult thing. Another big moral is that you are not the main character of your own story, so don't act like it. You are just a supporting character out of a cast of seven billion.

There is none, other than depression is a bitch

If you have any problem with abortion, you are sexist.

Fuck, I wish I knew how to do that.

You can't save people from themselves.

fpbp

Bojack is a shitty person because he does shitty things, not the other way around.

Mr. Peanutbutter always acts like he's about one push away from a breakdown.

I think the ending of season 1 captures the theme for the show the best

Can it be too late for you? Too late to change? Are some people just inherently broken at their core? Can a miserable, shitty person like Bojack ever actually become happy?

Try to be a better person, but don't expect a reward for it.

I completely disagree. Hierarchy of needs and everything. Self esteem comes before love

I mean after fuck. It's 2 am, whatever.

Isn't that what everyone wants?
>cooks
>cleans
>cuddles
Mommy 2.0!