Tfw the entire IP is currently going up in flames

>tfw the entire IP is currently going up in flames

what went wrong?

Lucas sold

Catering to fickle nostalgia faggots by remaking the OT and hijacking aspects of Kotor to bake into it. Scrapping the entirety of the EU instead of just the worst parts of it was pretty dumb as well.

This woman is running the franchise down the drain. She managed to convince everyone she was a producer who contributed to Spielberg's movie success when she was actually no more than his personal fucktoy. Hired her as a secretary, promoted her as associate producer within a year.

Other than EA shitstorm and forced female leads everywhere what terrible is happening?

It's going to get 90% on RT and make 2b $ box office.

>every new installment breaks a previous record
>going up in flames
wut

Shhh, we need to hate Disney and everything popular.

You must be delusional if you think this one is going to make as much as TFA. It's going to suffer heavy losses in most overseas territories

i'm gonna guess OP is referring to all the Battlefront 2 drama

screencapped this so i can laugh at you next year, fám

star wars wasnt meant to be more than the original triology, grege loucas shouldt have

>catering to fickle nostalgia faggots
that's funny considering the fickle nostalgia faggots are the only ones trashing the new films. Not even the prequels were good enough for you whiny original trilogy elitists

>Disney owns everything that's popular
>everything that is popular is garbage
Hmmmm...

It's not going to make as much as TFA but it's going to make more than JW and Avengers making it insanely profitable still.

Disney (((diversity))) with a paint by numbers story and pandering to nostalgiafags, women and the lowest common denominator.

It was no longer 1983

Only one record matters, and a Star Wars film post 1977 has never broken it.

You clearly know nothing about the box office if you don't think TFA was the maximum potential of a modern Star Wars film. TLJ won't do anywhere near as well as TFA in places like China, the UK, SK, Russia, Spain, etc.

>Not even the prequels

PT was garbage and had just as much nostalgia shit as Disney Wars.

It was mediocre bullshit from the very beginning.
The trashcan of culture ever since A New Hope.

Just image what's it's going to be like in 20 years, when those original 3 star wars movies are a distance memory in the past, and meanwhile there's 30 other star wars movies and however many nu-trilogies and 1-2 SW movies coming out per year with no end in sight.

Disney is the EA of movies. Gobble up IPs/studios and then run them into the ground.

>not even the prequels were good enough
You're implying the prequels were really good, or even good at all/designed to cater to OT nostalgiatards.

Star Wars has became better than ever casual

Of course it was the most profitable. It was SW big return after years of nothing.

But SW movies are still going to be crazy successful. R1 made more $ than almost all Marvel movies.

>nostalgia faggots
I presume by 'nostalgia faggots', you're referring to people who grew up through the OT?
If so, that's me, and the last thing I wanted to see was a shitty remake of ANH. I didn't want to see a remake of anything tbph. Just a continuation of the story would have been nice.

>billions and billions of dollars
>"up in flames"

What did the Kekistani narrative mean by this?

This took place in 1999.

Lucas's prequels happened.

>movies are only good if they make a lot of money

Comics, video games and all this other crap were always 3rd grade "canon" even in Lucas times.

Remember when IG-88 hacked Death Star 2 computer and was about to lead droid revolution before Rebels blow it up? That's how amazing EU was.

I didn't say it wasn't going to be sucessful. I said it isn't going to make anywhere near as much as TFA.

Nobody said that you ape. But just because a movie made a billion $ doesn't mean you need to automatically hate it like a drone.

Which is funny, because Rey and Kylo are just such utter ripoffs of Jaina and Jacen Solo. If they had adapted the New Jedi Order series I'd have much more respect for it. Youzong Vong were at least different and threatening.

>tfw watching the originals after 20 years and i realize they have aged like shit and are generally a mediocre films with some memorable moments

Fucking hell i want to be a child again.

that's exactly right though.

is "producer" the most meaningless job title in Hollywood?

The Vong were the worst thing that ever happened to the EU.

no
the producer is the jew with the dollar signs
you need a jew like that whatever you do

New Hope Tatooine part is still great and feels like a real place. It must've been insane in 70's.

Soulless corporate consumerism

The "We hate technology" thing was dumb. But the idea of an enemy that are immune to and hate the Force was intriguing. I think the concept was good, but the execution left a lot to be desired.

I did like the way it gave actual motivations to Sidious's actions. He was trying to protect the galaxy from them, which I thought was an interesting idea.

Vong were garbage.

But the only good thing about EU was trying to give Sith real reason for their actions instead of being evil for the lulz. The way they write Empire now is atrocious.

OIM THU CHOSEN ONE NOW CUNT

Disney

>what went wrong?
No cute Goddess' like Padme

Disney only cares about the OT characters. They don't care about the prequels nor the expanded novels which make up DOZENS AND DOZENS of stories they could choose from... instead all they want is a Young Han Solo and Bobba Fett movie which not 1 fan ever asked for.

It's not an indication of a movies quality, but it clearly shows a lot of people liked it
>a film that grossed over 2bill and was initially praised by everyone is actually the "worst film ever made"
See how dumb that sounds?

What are you smoking OP? how does the battlefront drama relate to films?

Whats this from?

They don't even care about the OT characters, all the three main ones are absolutely wasted in the nuwars.

Not really. Consider the fact that the majority of people are not exceptionally smart (obviously), and bad movies being liked starts to make more sense.

>battlefront 2 is gambling simulator
>last jedi is another rehash of the original trilogy

Disney ran this franchise into the ground faster than the fucking prequels did.

god i hate jj abrams

the EU in the original trilogy was that's kind of shit, but the EU kotor and clone wars was good

That would be the Mangos.

I honestly don't like trying to motivate the Sith beyond being power hungry assholes. So long as they aren't pointlessly edgy, backstabbing retards about it, it's a perfectly fine motivation