Let's have a Transformers thread. The subjects I present to you are...why does Soundwave rock...

Let's have a Transformers thread. The subjects I present to you are...why does Soundwave rock? Why are Decepticons better than Autobots? And why is Starscream such a bitch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U9v41R2jr9E&t=8s
youtube.com/watch?v=UIXNOQ8ej9c
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Rock.
>Not Metal.
He is superior.

They have a better leader in terms of badassery.

He's a beta, Betas are bitches.

What happened to the mini-cons?

Wasn't today Animated's anniversary?

But metal rocks

>best bot has best theme in the entire franchise
youtube.com/watch?v=U9v41R2jr9E&t=8s
How can anyone ever compete?

But rock is metal!

SOUNDWAVE

>Why does Soundwave rock?
Because he's a sleek looking, bad ass, silent second in command.
>Why are Decepticons better than Autobots?
Trick question. They aren't.
>And why is Starscream such a bitch?
Because he is the pinnacle of what the Decepticons represent.

He isn't even the best S____wave

Don't you know that best bots are always bitches?

We need more Chinese transformers
We need animated back

wub-wub-wub-wub

>Why is Starscream such a bitch
I've always felt this was exaggerated; yes he's generally a pushover but that's usually compared to Megatron and the like.

soundwave superior, autobots inferior.

This. Starscream is only a bitch compared to Megatron.

I distinctly remember G1 Starscream being made a patsy in a coup attempt and frozen along with Megatron.

The other cons had a laugh about it. They do not take the guy seriously.

Megatron only fails for the same reasons Batman doesn't rape the Joker

NOW THAT MEGATRON HAS RUN AWAY I STARSCREAM ELECT MYSELF AS THE NEW LEADER OF THE DECEPTICONS!

your first order of business then should be to tell off these two nonbelievers

Are we EVER going to get a cartoon version of Shockwave like this? All the cartoon versions of Shockwave riff off his G1 personality, the simpering one that's hyper-loyal to Megatron.

I want to see a cartoon that does cold, calculating Shockwave. Did Prime do it? I never watched Prime.

He's still a loyal Megatron fanboy in Prime but he does hate Starscream which is fun.

God fucking damn, why is Till All Are One so far behind? By the time #8 comes out, the issue of Optimus Prime that references it will have been out for TWO MONTHS.

Not 'til December.

Remember, this is canon to the Transformers Multiverse.

If there's no news of Beast Wars Neo being subbed by the end of the year, I'll kill myself

> Question: Are you planning on subtitling Beast Wars Neo?
>Answer: We have no plans at this time to subtitle Beast Wars Neo. It doesn’t mean that we won’t do it, but we’ve just spent the past year putting together this project for everyone, so we need a break. :)

Well, it's been fun everyone, as far as screaming myself to sleep on a daily basis goes.

Good night.

Did they release any albums?

Optimus Prime's solo career > Knights of Unicron run

I'm glad the band broke up.

Anyone remember how Starscream could'nt die?

Do you mean indestructible Starscream from G1/BW or ghost Starscream from Energon or zombie Starscream from Animated?

I guess but things just ended way fucking ugly between prime and megatron.
It's a shame.

>Megatron's solo career > Prime's solo career

Fight me.

>G1 Starscream: fucks up whenever he tries to do anything
>Armada Starscream: youtube.com/watch?v=UIXNOQ8ej9c
>TFA Starscream: successfully kills Megatron, does literally nothing with it and then gets bitchslapped when Megs comes back
>TFP Starscream: actually a really fucking good number 2, but can't lead on his own at all
>IDW Starscream: an excellent leader when things are going his way, who breaks down and fucks up the second things don't go as planned
>Movie Starscream: barely treacherous at all and a scary fucking bastard who most Autobots can't hope to beat without serious numbers
The moral of this story is that Movie Starscream is best Starscream.

Its start was pushed back by SOTW delays.

>Nominus' Matrix was a fake
>Functionalist guys took the matrix from him and started spark-splicing

Do you friends think that alt-timeline -> real Matrix, or that they got the Matrix from somewhere else?

The Matrix getting swapped for a fake didn't happen until a long time into the CC creation program. Presumably the Functionist timeline diverted before the switch.

that doesn't prevent it from catching up at any point.
there's no new issues out today and we've had weeks where we've gotten 4 different transformers comics in one day

Well, Nominus went comatose, Sentinel tried tinkering with the Matrix which he then found to be a fake, and killed Nominus.

In the vanilla timeline the real Matrix was taken after Nova+Tyrest and hidden away in Ravioli's art whereas Nominus and predecessors were carrying a fake.

There's like fifty different possibilities here and I sped-read the last issue but yeah if he was making new people then maybe 6/12 has the real Matrix

>>TFP Starscream: actually a really fucking good number 2, but can't lead on his own at all
The reverse is true, actually. Prime Starscream is a GREAT leader, but he sucks ass as a No. 2. Starscream had the Autobots on the ropes for 3 years while Megatron fucked off into space, including managing to kill one of them, and managed the team well while Megatron was in his coma. It's when Megatron's in charge when everything goes to shit, and Starscream can't do anything to stop it.

He's neither. He's just inconsistent as fuck.

So no comics this week?

>barely treacherous
Sorry but are you implying that treachery isn't Starscream's best character trait?

>movie Starscream
I'd like to think of him as mind-broken Starscream like Megatron fucked him up so hard he's scared shitless of him besides offering rare moments of sarcasm. He's like Igor in Frankenstein's Monster's body.

If Starscream Prime hadn't spent all a lot of his dialogue mentioning Cliffjumper or have at least a couple more colors than silver, he'd be the undisputed top Screamer

I really hope he'll get some sort of immortality/ghost thing in the IDW comics.

I just love that, even when he's unkillable he's still a massive fuckup.

nb4 it's revealed that alllll the way back when in the beginning of the comics that after Starscream's first betrayal the only reason Megs didn't kill him is because he did try to kill him...And he didn't die.

I like to think of him as a fucking waste!

How did they manage to make Charlie Adler as Starscream so forgettable!?

Honestly after the 'Megatron is nuts and they're relationship is just dysfunctional' explanation, that always struck me as the most plausible answer to the eternal mystery of why doesn't Megs just kill Starscream.

I mean, Megs did really fuck him up when they fought in the original comics. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been keeping "he actually would've died but didn't because lol immortal" up their sleeve the whole time.

oh god I miss Transformers Animated so fucking much

I always figured they could tie it into the whole 'chosen one' thing if they wanted.
Mind you I'm not sure if they've dropped that now or what.

Just read the latest ish of Transformers, and can't into Rung's alt mode.
They say that the council took him apart and put him back together. They _tampered_ with him. If Rung's alt mode is a giant drill, then why wasn't that found out earlier. Mining equipment is easy to figure out: the drill bit spins. Or plasma cutters warm, or sonic cutters make sound, or high pressure water cutters jet water, etc. If he could have drilled through the ununseptium, then he could have drilled through a test platform or test sheet or something. It would have been figured out before then. They tampered. It's a fake. They turned Rung into a drill just so they would cut open the Vector Sigma barricade. Sure, it's solving two problems at once for the Council, (what is Rung, get through the barricade, use it on a day when they really need a win right now because they're morons) but for us it's cheating us out of an answer.

Dude no one believes that thing is actually Rung, no part of it even. The real au Rung is probably still back in that torture cell we saw him in.

>You see, leadership is not something I fear losing: it is something I dread you gaining. In the moments when my all-consuming destiny lies ahead of me, you remind me of the need to watch my back. And that is your importance, Starscream.

That's why he wont kill Starscream.