Why haven't you seen this incredibly important film yet?

Why haven't you seen this incredibly important film yet?

The TV ending is better

Can I watch this without watching the tv show?

I saw it years ago newfag

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't.

no you idiot

How do we combat the post star wars 7 Sup Forums cancer like OP lads?

They both are the same ending

Thanks for saving me time faggot

I don't want to watch it without watching the TV show, but it's so awful I can't get past episode 3

neckbeardwithkatana.jpg

Stop spreading this false rumor. Anno has stated that the film is an different alternative ending to the show

That's simply not true

He actually said that both happen simultaneously

Why'd you post a flick?

It's not awful, you just lack patience for any amount of downtime.

what film?

I don't mind slow stuff, it's just not good.

Mostly correct. Awful would be Utena. At least NGE has themes.

I have, twice. And I've finally disregarded the whores and realized that Shinji a best.

The soundtrack is honestly the best part

>film

Stop spamming this thread every fucking day you fucking moron. Do you really have nothing else to do with your life?

gainax shills out in full force today

Isn't Gainax dead or irrelevant today? Why would they need to shill?

Every fucking day, every fucking day, the same thread.

triggered
Utena clearly has themes

>implying anno himself isn't making these threads to prepare us for 4.0

I've known a lot of people who have had this problem, including myself.
Everyone I've convinced to finished it has ended up liking it though.

Like "girls are just as good as boys pretty much but not really"

That one's my favorite.

They still have the distribution rights to the original show and movie IIRC
I think Anno/Studio Khara owns the characters and other merchandising though

I did and it made me angry and feel retarded for caring about anime. The movie ruined anime for me

>spam still up
Why is Sup Forums given free reign over this board?

Plebbit: Gainax
Patrician: ARTMIC

A bout de souffle (Breathless in burger if I remember correctly, and not the shitty remake starring Richard Gere)

Jany is a man of culture

desu this picture is 99% of what anime has to offer to someone who wants to experience all of the best art in the world, as opposed to a brainless weaboo who jerks off to moe shit and gets triggered when people who watched 50 hours of anime in their whole lives have better taste in it than him, who wasted all his neet life watching it

Which one of you dog fuckers recommended Utena to me last time?

1st episode - 90s vibes, "your sister's anime tapes" aesthetics, Misty's VA, comfy tone.

After that it goes straight downhill with purposely obtuse dialogue, slightly obnoxious songs so I skipped to the end of the series and it seems like it something about muff-diving and that it's ok to muff-dive.

Skimmed the movie as well, where it's clearer on the muff-diving.

I tried, but i hated every character.

>man of culture
>literally became a janitor so he could protect the game of thrones general and its redditors from Sup Forums posters

>Sup Forums

Why is Sup Forums the suspect and not Sup Forums?

So /ourguy/

Sup Forums doesn't like Eva. Sup Forums loves to hype all this shit here

This. I'm just so tired of the shy beta that cries all the time

Because its Sup Forumsedditors that spam threads like this. Sup Forums doesn't do this sort of stuff

>implying that’s ever being released
>implying anyone cares about rebuild

You really shouldn't watch this if you're over the age of 18. It just will never click with you.

So it's like those metal gear solid games? Explains the Sup Forums fanbase.

No, I'm just saying you'd be able to enjoy more if you could relate on some level. I first watched this when I was 13 and loved it for that reason. I've never played Metal Gear so I don't know about any connections to Evangelion.

Fuck off.

I tried watching the show first and got incredibly bored after a couple of episodes

I watched it for the first time a few years ago when I was 22 and found it very relatable.
I remember in hindsight what it was like to be 14, but I never really experienced depression and difficulty in moving forward with my life and relationships until after I graduated from college and found myself stuck in the NEET rut

Only real difference is that you never fall for the Asuka/Rei pitfall, and realise from day 1 that Misato is best girl.

That's kinda the point