Amadeus

Greatest movie of all time? Salieri's internal struggle has always resonated with me.

Awesome movie, but a caricaturesque portrayal of Mozart.

Well yeah, Mozart isn't the main character. He's more of a plot element for Salieri to react to and influence.

i honestly found this movie a bit underwhelming when i saw it. might have to rewatch it soon

Top 50

Too many scenes

So annoying.

meh

The whole "feud" between the two is entirely fabricated. Every character is played up to a certain extent.

That said, the audience is seeing Mozart through Salieri's eyes. The story is being told by him. Of course he's going to portray him as an annoying, loud pervert.

Honestly I agree that it's not super overt, it's understated.

top 5 all time

It set the stage for cinema going forward, and that's not a compliment. Only now are we crawling out of the stylistically lazy hole that this movie created.

The acting, sets, and music are amazing. You really feel Salleri's pain. Something about 80s movies that are so good and comfy. Still great without having to go over the top for the EPIC factor.

It was good but too many notes.

>HAHAHAHAHUAHUAHUAHUA... HA.

elaborate on this (if you wanna)

Yes--- its called a story. Not a documentary. Faggot.

Why hasn't anybody posted a webm of the girls big milky mams.

This

And which ones would you suggest removing, Your Majesty?

the main thing i remember from seeing this a few years ago, is there's a scene where he's chasing this bitty around a table and there's a shot with some god-tier cleavage.

I ABSOLVE YOU

Well, There it is

I know. But a lot of people think that it was an accurate portrayal of Mozart and that spergs me out.

>le eccentric faec

best ending ever?

>tfw you realize this is the face NuMales make, but they aren't laughing whilst doing so, all you would be able to hear is the wet sound of their mouth hanging open

>the wet sound of their mouth hanging open

absolutely disgusting

What bothers me is that we always get a bunch of fags in amadeus threads saying "uhuhuhu it was good but you gotta remember it's not accurate!"

No shit you fucking retards

>movie about classical music
>actually succesful

How the hell did they get the general audience to show up?

Too many chairs

Was this the original Virgin vs. Chad?

My favorite DVD box art to this day

Amadeus is just that kind of movie that is good there's nothing to talk about

It's just perfect, in every aspect, what's there to say?

>Just the right amount of Notes, but she's still scribbling and bibbling.gif

Well there it is

>In the 1780s, while Mozart lived and worked in Vienna, he and his father Leopold wrote in their letters that several "cabals" of Italians led by Salieri were actively putting obstacles in the way of Mozart's obtaining certain posts or staging his operas. For example, Mozart wrote in December 1781 to his father that "the only one who counts in [the Emperor's] eyes is Salieri".[33] Their letters suggest that both Mozart and his father, being Austrians who resented the special place that Italian composers had in the courts of the Austrian princes, blamed the Italians in general and Salieri in particular for all of Mozart's difficulties in establishing himself in Vienna. Mozart wrote to his father in May 1783 about Salieri and Lorenzo Da Ponte, the court poet: "You know those Italian gentlemen; they are very nice to your face! Enough, we all know about them. And if [Da Ponte] is in league with Salieri, I'll never get a text from him, and I would love to show here what I can really do with an Italian opera."[34] In July 1783 Mozart wrote to his father of "a trick of Salieri's",[35] one of several letters in which he accused Salieri of trickery.

>However, even with Mozart and Salieri's rivalry for certain jobs, there is very little evidence that the relationship between the two composers was at all acrimonious beyond this, especially after 1785 or so, when Mozart had become established in Vienna. Rather, they appeared to usually see each other as friends and colleagues, and supported each other's work. For example, when Salieri was appointed Kapellmeister in 1788, he revived Figaro instead of bringing out a new opera of his own, and when he went to the coronation festivities for Leopold II in 1790, Salieri had no fewer than three Mozart masses in his luggage. Salieri and Mozart even composed a cantata for voice and piano together, called Per la ricuperata salute di Ofelia, which celebrated the return to stage of the singer Nancy Storace.

too much perfection, you mean?

So like all good fiction, there's a kernel of truth.

the movie isnt a documentary, get over it

>tfw champion of the mediocrities

>Da da da dat da dat da da da da ya da
>Da da dat dat da ya da!