Sam Raimi

Did he retire or something? When's his next movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

flickeringmyth.com/2017/09/michael-b-jordan-and-josh-brolin-rumoured-for-sam-raimis-a-prophet/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Prophet
ign.com/articles/2016/11/16/producer-sam-raimi-says-the-last-of-us-movie-stuck-at-a-standstill
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

His son worked with me at shit job selling Gelato in Santa Monica. P based dude, had an ATHF sticker on his car (igngnokt flipping the bird)
He makes films too, perhaps he has taken up the mantle.

>ATHF sticker

Nice.

bring him back so he can save capeshit

Didn't you hear? He's been working on a reboot of Birth of a Nation, it's in pre-production stage now.

A remake of triumph of the will

It seems like for the past decade he's only in EP credits, probably got tired of dealing with dramawhore actors but still wanted to get paid millions.

Is Raimi or poor something? why would he let his son go do some shit job instead of teaching him how to make films?

Ash vs evil dead was fucking ace

Yeah, why bother making your privileged kid get a taste of what the real world is like? I'm sure nothing good could come of that.

He's directing a movie called "Prophet".

>Michael B. Jordan ("Creed") and Josh Brolin ("Sicario") are being eyed for the lead roles in PROPHET, Sam Raimi's first directing gig since 2013's "Oz: The Great and Powerful".

>The Sony Pictures-produced remake of the Academy Award-nominated 2009 French movie centers on a fragile young man (Jordan) convicted for a crime he did not commit. To survive in prison, he reluctantly becomes an enforcer for an aging incarcerated mob boss (Brolin). But as the young man's ruthlessness and influence begins expanding beyond bars, he soon enters a collision course with his former mentor.

>Although Jordan and Brolin's involvement isn't confirmed yet, Raimi and Sony are gearing up to shoot in early 2018.

flickeringmyth.com/2017/09/michael-b-jordan-and-josh-brolin-rumoured-for-sam-raimis-a-prophet/

>Oz: The Great and Powerful

what the fuck, that was raimi?

>Raimi now does remakes of good movies
RIP Raimi

Seems like he took the job for fun/to kill time. Lotta cute girls came into that shop as well, we would chat about that sometimes.

He's hiding out so no allegations come out agaisnt him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Prophet

this movie looks pretty good, i might watch it

anyone seen it?

WTF, why?

Watch the original.

sam raimi was suppose to do the last of us movie, I would have preferred that

ign.com/articles/2016/11/16/producer-sam-raimi-says-the-last-of-us-movie-stuck-at-a-standstill

He should come back to save capeshit

Sounds pretty cool actually
French films barely count.

DARKMAN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE WHEN?

this doesn't sound like a sam raimi type film

when's drag me 2 hell?

>no Larry Drake
no sale

Heard he turned down The Flash movie.

Go for it. All the Audiard movies are kino, except Dheepan.
My favourite is A Self Made Hero.

I'd retire too if I had to work with Kristen Cuntst

The way it's going smartest decision he ever made.

>this doesn't sound like a sam raimi type film

His filmography goes beyond Evil Dead and Spiderman. His entire 90s career had him directing everything: noir, western, sports drama, etc.

We may joke that he's racist, but I don't think Raimi is the type of guy that would sexually assault women.

this

Anyone who stars in or directs DC films should just kys themselves. Imagine being in a DC movie when Marvel kino racks in billions of dollars and 96%+ on rotten tomatoes.

>joke

He could just come back to direct a spiderverse film and make the character relevant again but Sony probably sunk that ship a while ago

Darkman/Spiderman/Evil Dead on a one time only film would be crazy.

He's doing horror movie set in the sea i think

out is he?

>Darkman had a crossover with Ash of Evil Dead in the "Darkman Vs. Army of Darkness" comic
>Then Ash had a crossover with Marvel Comics in the "Marvel Zombies Vs The Army of Darkness" comic (where Spider-Man met Ash for a minute)
So in a roundabout way, their connected, but they've never been together at the same time.