Benson suffers through life, all of his dreams have been broken, all he wants to do now is keep is employees in line

Benson suffers through life, all of his dreams have been broken, all he wants to do now is keep is employees in line.

His employees Mordecai and Rigby have life handed to them, live in the job's house, get free stuff by extension, and the only downside is the pay they'd only use for luxuries anyway, like going out to eat at the coffee shop, since the park's food supply is free, at least in that house. They never care to actually do their work they get payed for (which makes the low pay acceptable anyway), hate Benson for trying to get them to work, and still manage to get around being fired in every episode.

Does anyone sympathize with any of the characters on this show?

You haven't watched the show, have you. Mordecai would work, but because of the influence of Rigby the two goof off more. And because Mordecai let's Riigby goof off, he becomes lazier. Plus the fact they are fresh out of college and not used to responsibility. Also the fact the park is impossible to work in with the "Robotic Mecha Ducks" or the Ghosts, or Zombies, or Unicorns or so on.

Benson got every right to fire them or arrest them out of the park.

Only good workers is skips or high-five ghost. Maybe...muscleman

What have they done worth arresting them over?

>Mordecai
Assault
>Rigby
Assault
>Muscleman
Assault
>Benson
Espionage and Theft
>Skips
Espionage and Theft
>High Five Ghost
Encouraging Necrophilia
>Pops
Nothing

>>Skips
>>Theft

>Espionage too
I don't understand it

All of them are murderers.

Can't blame them because it was an accidental thing from dealing with the monster of the week

"GOOD SHOW!!!"

I don't know what episode(s) those are from but I'll assume they're from the later seasons for the sake of my argument

Which is; they're more than boss-employee at that point. They still work for the park, but they're clearly friends under and over that, even if their relationship is a rocky one.

That said, yes, they're terrible employees and plot armor is the only reason their contract survived through the early seasons

first one is from the last season premiere where benson pushes rigby in anger and rigby hits him

the other is eggscellent where he insults rigby to mordecai's face while he's in a coma beside him

I think the Rigby is from the last season, but I'm pretty sure the one with Mordecai (which was rightfully deserved, harping over a comatose guy for not eating an omelette instead of doing his job when everybody is worried sick over whether he'll survive) was like season 2 or 3.

*for eating an omelette

Did Pops ever actually work at the park? It was his home and he was considered an employee but Benson took his manager role and he never really did anything.

I wish they played the first half of the song, not the "short version" which consisted of the second half with the yelling

He was actually Benson's boss. Maillard just had Benson do the administrative functions.

Was that explicitly stated?

Always looked more like benson was his babysitter on top of managing the park

Pops nearly fired him once.

They didn't go to college.

They're high school graduates

Mordecai is also an art-school dropout and Rigby was his roommmate.

He meant in the way it was executed

>tfw i have a boss who doesnt have the balls to fire me
>even threatens to do it a lot but ends up not going through with it

i love how in the later seasons, rigby straight up tells benson "yeah like the other times you said you'd fire us", and made benson flip his shit

what job?