Retard

>Retard
WHY WAS THIS ALLOWED!?

She's not one to talk since she looks a little downie herself.

Fuck those drawings are terrible

Looks like they themself lack a chromosome.

Incredibly jarring to go from Eaglesham to this shit. Is there no Writer Run that had no shit art? Like only the writer was consistent?

>WHY WAS THIS ALLOWED
> Doom's favorite calling Reed's son a moron

i'm more bothered by the art, Valeria looks 38 here.

What shouldn't be allowed?

She's wishing you a happy birthday, OP. Stop being an ungrateful cunt.

It's pretty fucking obvious the guy drew the face before the head. They'll hire anyone nowadays now, don't they?

>i'm more bothered by the art, Valeria looks 38 here.

Shit, I didn't even realized that they are Valeria and Franklin until reading your post. Now the panel makes sense.

Why was this art allowed?
Those faces look like masks from The Purge.

>Calling people the r word

Wow Hillary Clinton that's not very nice of you

Valeria is Doom's goddaughter. It only makes sense that she'd have a bit an acid tongue.

Once upon a time, calling someone a retard wasn't frowned upon. This taboo is relatively recent, popped up around 7 years ago I think.

A bit earlier than that. In the trade for All Star Superman they changed Luthor saying "you knuckle-dragging retards" to "you knuckle-dragging neanderthals."

Why though?
Especially when it isn't being used in a context that refers to people that are mentally handicapped but specifically idiots.
Why do people insist upon taking offense when none is intended and worse trying to maintain that outrage for future generations?
How is the world improved by making words taboo?

Since the word was created and was meant to be used to refer to the mentally handicapped, using it in situations where you're trying to put someone down implies that mentally handicapped people are a lesser class of citizen.

Is there a reason it shouldn't be?

fucking ablest scum

I mean... When new 52 happened, in one of the firs issues of Green Lantern, a Sinestro Corps member calls someone "a little girl" and there was a huge outrage over that sexist comment.

the word retard means slowing down, in baking you can retard dough where you basically chill it to stop the yeast

Yes but in reference to a person it means mentally handicapped.

And that would be politicial incorrect, which is doubleplusungood

Whatever word you use to refer to retarded people it will always become a bad word because being retarded is a bad thing. The only way they get around this is by making the acceptable term so long and technical that nobody would use it in casual conversation, like nobody's gonna call someone developmentally delayed as a schoolyard insult.

>Since the word was created and was meant to be used to refer to the mentally handicapped
The word "retarded" was not created with the mentally handicapped in mind it means "slowed" and is still used in the context all the time, it being used to refer to people is very recent.
>using it in situations where you're trying to put someone down implies that mentally handicapped people are a lesser class of citizen.
No it means that I am insulting the person, mentally handicapped people do not figure into the equation at all, if you assume that me calling you a retard means I am comparing you to a congenitally mentally handicapped person that is on you.

How long until all words and phrases are deemed off limits?
This shit reminds me about how on Sup Forums most colors are considered off limits for different reasons (black and red are edgy colors, orange and blue are meme colors, green and purple are piccolo dick, yellow is piss, earth tones are real and gritty and so on).
After a while we just won't have a language left.

My cousin has downs syndrome He is also more successful then me ;_; but he uses the word retard with impunity because as he explains he may be slow but you're a fucking retard.

Yes but I'm saying the word was not created to be used to refer to the mentally spasticated like the post I was replying to said.

>Valeria looks 38 here
Chromosomes?

>he uses the word retard with impunity because as he explains he may be slow but you're a fucking retard.

Your cousin is savage.

>Valeria. Do you know what it's like to be actually mentally retarded? Keep that shit up and you will

Neanderthals sounds better.

>Since the word was created and was meant to be used to refer to the mentally handicapped
As were moron, idiot, and just about every word that's a synonym for "stupid".

We should just let "retard" follow its natural direction and become one too.

By getting offended at "retard", we're pretty much keeping in it's position as a hateful slur and give power to those who use it in a hateful way.

user your cousin sounds cool.

Doesn't this sort of apply for blacks too? Didn't the word niggger etymologically originate from a word meaning black? And negro also just means black? But these words became offensive because people who didn't like blacks used them to refer to blacks. Colored people became offensive. Now people of color is the preferred term, even though it literally means the same thing. Probably because it is too unwieldy sounding to be used as a slur. Just like African-American doesn't roll off the tongue easy enough for people to use it as a slur.

the linework is okay for a small panel, but good god what who did they get to do those colours?! fucking sickening

>implies that mentally handicapped people are a lesser class of citizen.
Why do we pretend that they aren't?

Does this genuinely bother you? If so, please stop posting. People like you are the reason comics have become the SJW wanking grounds.

user, I refuse to believe you took OP seriously

Y-you still believe in me, senpai...?

That's great, but other people who have intellectual disabilities don't feel that way. That's like saying using the word nigger is okay because you have black friends who don't have a problem with it and think it's funny when you call them it.
The term Intellectually Disabled is the proper term.
>if you assume that me calling you a retard means I am comparing you to a congenitally mentally handicapped person that is on you.
No, that' implicit in what you're saying.
Or we can cut it off before that happens.
>By getting offended at "retard", we're pretty much keeping in it's position as a hateful slur and give power to those who use it in a hateful way.
Not everything idubbbz says is right. It's used to denigrate people and unless people say it's wrong people will just keep on using it casually. Using it doesn't denigrate the potency of the word. It only makes the act of putting down the people associated with the word more of a casual thing.

The guy is a professional weightlifter and got married at 19 and now has two kids I'm insanely jealous of him.

>That's great, but other people who have intellectual disabilities don't feel that way.
How do you know? did you speak to all of them? that seems like it would be difficult to do.
> That's like saying using the word nigger is okay because you have black friends who don't have a problem with it
The word nigger is fine to say because it's a fucking word and carries no eldritch power over you, offense is never given only taken.
>No, that' implicit in what you're saying.
No the only definition that is implicit is the word retard is "slow" if a person is a slow runner they can be retarded, wonderful thing about the english language is the fact that it is contextual.
>Not everything idubbbz says is right. It's used to denigrate people and unless people say it's wrong people will just keep on using it casually. Using it doesn't denigrate the potency of the word. It only makes the act of putting down the people associated with the word more of a casual thing.
Practically nobody that uses the word retard as an insult is using it to refer to the mentally handicapped, what is your fucking angle here? What do you hope to gain by maintaining the taboo of a word instead of allowing the definition to drift into a less bigoted colloquial meaning?
The same thing happened with the word nigger in the 90's civil rights activists previously had said they hoped for a day where the word could be shouted from a rooftop and nobody would care because it had shed it's offensive meaning, and then when rappers and actors tried to push it as a term of endearment people like you that were more interested in being offended then making things better shut it down because god forbid we deprive the word of it's power over others.

>Or we can cut it off before that happens.
Yeah, instead of just letting the word take its natural course, we should just do the impossible and make sure nobody says the word ever again. Thanks for those magical words of wisdom, dude.

You're joking but back when that issue was out, Scans Daily did complain about this a lot.

If you weren't such a newfag you'd know it actually did get backlash.
Hell, I was listening to a Ricky Gervais Show podcast where Rick struggles to find a word to call him mentally handicapped without offending anyone and that was from '05ish.

Didn't the politically correct term for retard change anyway?

Nobody cares, retard.

Gradient 'coloring' was a mistake.

>i am wood

>stupid

ᶜʰᵉʷ

>it took 50 posts for someone to mention that there actually was a minor shitstorm over this
Sup Forums is fucking dead
I remember people hating on Hickman and based Jon not giving a fuck, they tried to push the hate for a while. Not just S/D but a specific blogger I can't be bothered to search for