Avengers #5 storytime

Time for even more time-travel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MoJA6tGJhGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Kang's ultimate stronghold
It's called Chronopolis, but Waid doesn't mention that for some reason.

Waid seems to have forgotten that Kang's empire spans several timelines and alternate universes, not just one.

>Why does attacking simultaneously matter?
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

None of the original Avengers had met Spider-Man yet, why would they trust him?

That's it? Only 16 people? Why did you even bother using time travel then? Why not just ask heroes from the present to help?
I was expecting something like Avengers Forever.

I'm pretty sure that Steve Rogers was the one to come up with Avengers Assemble.

Is anybody reading?

I already read it earlier but I'm here anyway.

Are we heading for Avengers Forever 2 you think?

Nice that they remembered that Hulk wasn't always just a dumb brute and was in fact quite verbose at first.

There's no Immortus in this story sadly. I don't get why Waid created a New Redeemed Future Kang instead of using him.

How did Thor not notice this until just now? And why even bother with "no spoilers" when it's obvious you're gonna have to mind-wipe everyone later?

looking awfully ultron there vision

yesm

Wasn't he in Cap's time travel issues Of Hickman's Avengers?

>yfw Future Vision is actually Ultron all along trying to get rid of Kang

Yes, Immortus was also in Remender's Uncanny Avengers in a plot that obviously was leading somewhere before he left.

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

What is it about what he said that they're having troubles understanding?

Great idea bringing the Original Avengers along!

it would make for an excellent twist, but itd be more knife twisting if its all part of a loop and the reason the og ultron turned on of its own accord. it was a future vision placing part of itself into the machine to start the loop of visions own creation

How does Kang not know who they are? Part of his backstory is that he was a bored man who only found entertainment in watching documentaries about superheroes and westerns.
Also, he met the Avengers as the Scarlet Centurion.

And that's that, hope you enjoyed.
Next time: Kang Arc finally ends

Am I the only one who cannot stand the art style? I stopped reading after All New All Different is it worth continuing?

Yep, thanks op

Yes, you are. I love the art style.

I love Del Mundo

Looks fun.

I cant stand that Del Mundo is being wasted on this book but damn it looks great, i'd love to see him on any solo series almost, he wouldve been beautiful on the Bullseye mini

Also thanks OP, bought the physical but reread

Think of it this way. He was previously on that horrible weirdworld book, so this is relatively excellent.

>using the "ENGLISH!" trope

I would rather dunk my head in a bucket of poop than fucking ever see that again

This isn't even the first time this shit happened! This happened in Ultron Forever, where end-Simonson Thor saw Jane-Thor, and basically said "I guess I died. Good to see Mjolnir fell into worthy hands."

Granted, he was wrong about dying, but he figured out everything else quickly.

Time Travel works differently now for prime earth.

Used to be if you go back and change reality, youmake a new one.

Another thing is that beared thor from last issue isn't here.

TIME SWASTIKA

Nice handdrawn logo.

No, time travel works the same way it always has, and stop calling it "prime earth" you fucking shill.

Regular time-travel causes branching/split time lines. Doom Time Platform-based timetravel alters the timeline itself without creating alternate timelines. The one they used to do this was one that Reed had been holding onto so it's most likely a doom time platform.

Wait, isn't this just literally a 1:1 of android Hourman and the Worlogog?

So black Captain America now gets the credit for coming up with the battle cry.

Fucking whatever, Marvel. I'm not even Sup Forums, and I'm tired of this shit.

cry moar

Presumably the implications of whatever he's saying.

Stop calling what it's called? Fucking histerbtrash.

The book shows it different.

>The book shows it different.
No it doesn't. It shows pretty explicitly that it's a doom time platform being used in this issue, and Ewing's Ultimates already established that time travel still works the same as it always has.

Christ, why do I even bother. You're the stupidest namefag that Sup Forums has had in years.

Stfu it does.

Go read old comics.

Time Travel Bump

I love Del Mundo but I feel his style isn't appropriate for this book. But breaking expectations and adding variety not just for niche books should be encouraged so meh

well this sam still learned it from cap. so i guess steve still technically came up with it

Immortus hasn't really worked as a 'redeemed' future-Kang since around 1989-1990 when he was erasing entire timelines, and being revealed as the power behind Vision getting dismantled, and most of the other things that happened around then to ruin Wanda's life forever.

Not that people have stopped trying to use him in this role afterwards.

Bump from the future

I'm loving it.

are they still fighting Kang, this story has been going on since before Age of Ultron

>this story has been going on since before Age of Ultron
Huh? No it hasn't, it started 5 issues ago.

>time-travel

wat

>I don't get why Waid created a New Redeemed Future Kang instead of using him.

Does this Redeemed Future Kang at least get a alternate future Cassie Lang waifu?

Isn't Black Knight fairly smart? Also i am so glad they are using him for once

>Great idea bringing the Original Avengers along!
You can say that again.
They should have recruited a team with Sentry.

>They should have recruited a team with Sentry.

That seems shortsighted.
Sentry would probably have turned on them by now.

youtube.com/watch?v=MoJA6tGJhGU

Yes that's Scott Thompson from Kids in the Hall.

I think diversity would be the last thing on anyone's mind for wanting to make a time paradox joke.