Sup Forums cringe thread

Sup Forums cringe thread

men can't even explain something that a woman doesn't understand without being sexist

god damn it let them be retarded

>implying there wasn't scientific progress at all during the Middle Ages
>implying everyone wasn't too focused on not dying instead of trying to learn
Why are atheists so fucking ignorant

You killed the roman empire, christian filth

>needs a 'The lasso compels truth, but it can't stop shitposting' edit

And we gave birth to the entirety of reformed Europe and the Americas, What's your point?

Which are fucking shit in comparrison and badlsed on shitty morals and a false god

Without him we become that shitheap the SU universe is set in, But without aliens, Are you sure you want that?

>You killed the roman empire, christian filth
>Not the corruption
>Not the fast expansion which they couldn't control
>Not the retarded leaders
>Not the barbarians they let in
>It was a small religion that topple an empire
Romanaboos are fucking stupid.

>Sensible chuckle

What's the context of this?

Man is trying to kill woman (or he was just a jerk to her, don't remember).
Woman asks Diana for help. Diana manages to lasso man. Man says things that woman doesn't like. Woman beats up helpless unarmed captive.
Diana watches and makes cringeworthy snark.

Yeah i do. Fuck that sex hating totalitarian god.

The religion was the straw that broke the camels back

Diana is really one of the worst offenders.

I dont know thats kinda cool

Don't forget that Christians also invented the modern public school system, made many of the most important discoveries in the fields of biology and medicine, etc. etc.

Is that a fucking light projection hijab

No, the Goths broke the back, and the arms, and raped the husk. Repeatedly. Christianity if anything held the empire together long past its due date.

She was objectively right in that situation and Bats was being a huge dick
He deserved it

im sure thats really out of charcter.
what kind of honorable warrior let an enemy get beat when he already has surrendered?

>That hologram hijab

Hope it can stop stones.

>Not the Visigothic invasion of Rome.
Really?

Enjoy being a feudalistic heathen without the technological progress of the renaissance, And constantly fighting every neighbouring country for the rest of your life, If your Jewish your better off dead in that universe, There isn't a Jewish, Christian or Muslim culture anywhere in that universe, The Americas will be colonized as soon as the nigh endless war in Europe ends, The far east isn't discovered yet because of Portugal fighting off Spain and vice versa being the reason why the Americas aren't populated in that universe.

Hate us if you will, We helped you in ways unseen, As god helps his flock.

To stop this discussion. As an atheist I can say that religon helped science to come to xist. In fact both have the same origin. The try to understand the world. It is no wonder that many early scientific discovery were discovered by clerics.
Those cleric also protected often old tomes.

Of course there were also zealots that thought every knowledge that dissprove their beliefs was to be burned. The trial of Galilei for example.

To conclude: It really dependent who was the religous leader at that time. Some helped scientific discovery and protected it; others tried to deny it and pursued it.

Whor

that's some next-level virtue signaling, I tell ya h'wat

The Galileo thing didn't happen in the middle ages though

>aiding and abetting a murderer in fleeing justice

No, she wasn't.

Marvel is dead, Disney should just send in a Euthanasia Squad to end their misery

im sure if aliens have not made contact with us its because religion.
just imagine the riots of religious extremists when their fairy tales gets BTFO by the mere proof of existence of other civilization more advanced that ours...

It wasn't American soil and that's that. Bats illegally immigrated into another country and got kicked out.

Obviously, nowadays Diana makes an exception for mansplainers.

Remember the time when an alien overlord called her a whore and she just glared and told him his diplomatic skills were bad?

Remember the time Orion slapped her on the ass and she snapped at him, then dropped the issue because more important things were happening?

Remember when Diana's pride and self-respect were above taking petty enjoyment and spiteful 'take that!' moments?

My god, serves marvel right for hiring 12 yo tumblr girls as writers

Yes, I'm sure that's it. Not the fact that you can't travel faster than light. It's the religious weirdos.

I'm surprised anyone's using the public school system as an example of a positive contribution to science and society

What if aliens are religious too though

im sure if aliens have not made contact with us its because fedoras.
just imagine the tantrums of atheist NEETs when their sci-fi gets BTFO by the mere proof of existence of other civilization more advanced that theirs...

the world of normal, well-adjusted human beings just outside their B.O.-saturated tendie dungeons

>Not the corruption
>Not the fast expansion which they couldn't control
>Not the retarded leaders
>Not the barbarians they let in
Holy shit Europe is fucked, history repeats itself.

I'm surprised you're actually that stupid. Compared to how schools worked in the early middle ages it's a million percent better

I like how it's only Christianity that didn't exist. All the other religions apparently never oppressed anyone anywhere.

You know, it's a good thing Catholocism hasn't ever made explicit statements on the possibility of alien life.

It's a good thing, because if they had, you'd look quite ignorant right about now while laughing at how those dumb fundies are ignorant.

It really is a good thing, isn't it?

Yes, indeedy. A really good thing.

>[Father Jose Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory in Rome] said: 'It is probably there was life and perhaps a form of intelligent life… I don't think we'll ever meet a Mr Spock.

>'The discovery of intelligent life does not mean there's another Jesus. The Incarnation of the son of God is a unique event in the history of humanity of the universe.'

>It is not the first time Father Funes, who trained as an astronomer at the National University of Cordoba, has discussed the possibility of aliens living among the stars.

>In 2008 he said belief in the existence of extraterrestial life did not contradict Catholic doctrine or the bible.

>His latest comments come in the wake of Nasa's discovery of an Earth-like planet 1,400 light years away from our own by the Kepler space telescope.
~
>Pope Francis spent some time during Mass at the Vatican on Monday talking about alien life forms, and suggested that Martians, should they ever visit Earth, would be welcome to be baptized as well.

>"If – for example – tomorrow an expedition of Martians came, and some of them came to us, here ... Martians, right? Green, with that long nose and big ears, just like children paint them ... And one says, 'But I want to be baptized!' What would happen?" the Roman Catholic Church leader theorized, as reported by Vatican Radio.

>In his speech focused on the question "Who are we to close the doors to the Holy Spirit?" he said that baptism is open to everyone, and reminded the audience of the words of Peter:

>"If then God gave them the same gift He gave to us when we came to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to be able to hinder God?"

Did you prefer it when children were spending their days shoving their arms into heavy machinery for pocket change?

The system in place now does have it's issues, but children have more opportunity in their lives than ever before.

then we are doomed because they will think that they have divine rights on every planet in the universe, in their eyes we are heretics that deserve to be purged.

My favorite part of this is when they beat the man tied to a chair because he is saying something they don't like.

Like he's literally bound and cannot defend themselves, these superpowered women beat the fucking hell out of him, and we are supposed to feel like they are empowered.

If a male hero tied a female villian to a chair and beat the shit out of her the comic would get cancelled immediately for good reason. But you revese the genders and it's empowering, what a joke.

Christians had nothing to do with the fall of the Roman Empire, but everything to do with Mad Emperors, over-reaching and a decline in resources.

Women are oppressed by men. That's the default position, so them rising up is always empowering

The reverse is like a marine tripping a blind guy, they already have the power - no need to be a dick on top of that

Superheroines are not oppressed by men, at all. In fact most of them are at or above their male peers. Even if I were to believe that all women in general are oppressed, that doesn't make beating on a defenseless person acceptable. They had already captured him, he was already bound by the lasso and compelled to tell them what they wanted to know, and he was not a threat. Punching him around just makes them look like thugs, no better than men who beat their wives.

>That's the default position
thats a very Trump tier assumption.
i really wonder why feminists didnt support Trump both think alike.

>Superheroines are not oppressed by men, at all. In fact most of them are at or above their male peers.

Look, user. You just don't get it.

A man said something a woman did not care to hear. What was she supposed to do, shrug off his nonsense as the pitiful ramblings of a beaten foe, one who was desperately trying to have some measure of power despite being foiled and humiliated?

That's just crazy talk! No, you have to slap him around to prove that you're in charge and his words don't mean anything.

I remember a scene from Girl Genius, where Gilgamesh Wulfenbach is showing Agatha his book collection, including the many stories of the Heterodyne Boys. His father, Baron Klaus Wulfenbach went adventuring with the Boys. However, in the stories he's always portrayed as a bumbling, oafish sidekick. Agatha wonders how these books can exist. Gilgamesh tells her that his father has never done anything about them. Because - and here's the rub - he doesn't care about what a bunch of dime store authors have to say about him, and because if he did try to suppress the books' publication, people would wonder if there was something to his fictional portrayal and he was trying to cover it up.

By lashing out, the women in this scene prove that that their captive can still hurt them. They think what he says matters to them and the only way they have to shut him up is by beating him.

Does anyone have that parody where it's this same scene but with the actual Thor?

>comparing female superman with THE goddamn BATMAN.
heck, i think even wonderwoman got more love that suppa at some point, because suppa its bland as fuck.

my best try

I got you, user